[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

How are the FAR properties applied? it appears that using isWing = false doesn't stop FAR from considering them as wings.

Also, I'm getting a mirror bug with the standard control surface where the COM appears to be offset to one side, as shown here. Haven't tested to see if this is purely visual or affects flight as well.

Weird bug: autoscaling the thicknesses is happening on the current version of P-wings. Root/Tip thickness tweakables disappeared.

Mods installed: FAR, B9, P-wings, Module manager, Firespitter, KerbPaint, DYJ's Gatling gun, and Planet Factory CE.

Only Gatling Gun and briefly Pirated Weaponry (now uninstalled) were installed since it worked.

I tried restarting KSP to no effect.

The gatling gun is powered by an old version of the same plugin that runs pWings and is no longer supported, Get rid of that thing and stuff should work again.

How about the ability to scale the thickness below 0.36 and not jump directly to 0.1? Or is it a limitation of the new tweakables?

that's a KSP "bug". i have this problem with a lot of tweakable parts.

that's a KSP "bug". i have this problem with a lot of tweakable parts.

It actually is possible to get around this annoyance as a plugin creator, though the solution is, admittedly, a bit of a hack. Set the start point for the KSPField slider to the negative value of the lowest point you can go to on the slider before it jumps to the start point if the endpoint is 0. Then simply use a check in onUpdate() that checks for negative values of the slider and sets it back to 0 if detected.

Hmm. Looking back at that, it may not make much sense. In other words, in this case, the KSPField slider's start point would be -0.36. That way you can smoothly go all the way to the desired start point, in this case 0.1. To prevent a negative value from actually being used just have it check for that and reset it to 0 regularly in onUpdate().

I used that on the altimeter in the latest release of the smart parts mod.

Edited by Firov

When I install PWings and try to load KSP, the loading bar just stops when it tries to load the wings.

Any idea what's going on here? I'm well below the RAM limit for KSP, I know that.

Zip your KSP_Data/output_log.txt, upload it somewhere and post the link here.

Are you ever going to make the lift and mass scale with the size of the wings?

If lift didn't scale with wing size, this mod would be useless. I'm pretty sure mass does as well. They do not update in the description, however.

Hover the mouse over a wing and hit "o" to check the debug values in the console, if it doesn't update lift,mass and so on something has gotten severely messed up.

sooo, any help?

Those are things that you should check for yourself. If the lift does not change when you resize the wing, then there will be a problem.

Also, anyone know if these wings are compatible with Deadly Reentry yet?

Edited by SkyHook

Those are things that you should check for yourself. If the lift does not change when you resize the wing, then there will be a problem.

Also, anyone know if these wings are compatible with Deadly Reentry yet?

That wasn't my issue though

download dropbox is hanging mid download. anyone else getting this???

Are you using any kind of download manager? A few days ago DropBox seemed to change their server-end stuff and it now fails on multi-streamed downloads.