[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

I am having a similar issue using the Mk2 LF+O fuselage from C7. I attempt to attach the wing and get nothing yet it is shown as green. Same thing happens with B9 wings as well. I hope there is a fix or something for this because I love my absurd procedural wings!

Guess I shoulda read back further, I have near as well and that's probably what's doing it?

I'm having the same exact issue with FAR.

I am having a similar issue using the Mk2 LF+O fuselage from C7. I attempt to attach the wing and get nothing yet it is shown as green. Same thing happens with B9 wings as well. I hope there is a fix or something for this because I love my absurd procedural wings!

Guess I shoulda read back further, I have near as well and that's probably what's doing it?

Same issue here, trying to stick the pW to an Mk2 cargo bay. Indicator is green, if i click, the item on the cursor starts to wobble a bit, and then the game goes down to 0.5 fps or something. Got NEAR installed as well. Although, i got the same error with B9 and tweakscale (couldn't attach the TFE731 Turbofan Engine to anything, the engine would stick to the cursor after the click and then again down to 0.5 fps).

I uninstalled Tweakscale though, so that shouldn't be an issue.

edit: hm, doesn't seem to be a pWing issue - if the game gets to the point that the pWings "get stuck", any item will crash the game. Hm.

edit: somehow doubleposted in a single posting.

Edited by m4inbrain

Is this compatible with .90?

.09 loads fine, but the procedural wings aren't available (for me) in the editor. Ships that I've created with procedural wings will load too, but the wing parts are missing from them.

I waiting for the update: Im still playing 0.25 because i cant build spaceplanes without procedural wings! It is a must have mod.

I think Pwings uses the same extention as Procedural parts that KSPAPIExtensions plugin. It was updated in the procedural parts thread, I haven't updated my KSP install from .25 yet, so I couldnt tell you if it is or isnt working.

Edited by Hodo

I think Pwings uses the same extention as Procedural parts that KSPAPIExtensions plugin. It was updated in the procedural parts thread, I haven't updated my KSP install from .25 yet, so I couldnt tell you if it is or isnt working.

Running .90 and I just found the patch in the PP thread. installed it and going to boot the game up, will report findings.

Good news all! I've managed to recompile the pWings project and have created a new DLL which seems to be working :D

Squad have now used the 'R' key for symmetry so you will need to change this key assignment in 'PWingsSettings.cfg'

I am not affiliated with this mod in any way so won't be able to provide support, but thanks to the creators for making the source available - hopefully a new release will be out soon!

Edited by NathanKell
removed download

The problems with pParts are totally different than any problems that exist anywhere. I could never get that mod to work right no matter what. pWings on the other hand, with a few tiny hotfixes back when the current version was released to keep me from stalling on the load screen, is much more stable. Heck, I don't even make planes but I still consider this a must-have.

I'm not sure why to be honest...

So, this mod doesn't use KSPAPIExtensions? What's wrong? They not extensive enough for you? Everyone else is using it.. all the cool kids anyway. You know you want to... give in... end your pain... I'm really creepy aren't I?

Edited by Gaalidas

So, this mod doesn't use KSPAPIExtensions? What's wrong? They not extensive enough for you? Everyone else is using it.. all the cool kids anyway. You know you want to... give in... end your pain... I'm really creepy aren't I?

Currently doing a texture manager build so I can't show any pictures. first thing I went to do in 0.90 is build a MK3 plane. pull a pWing into the editor and it's texture was dancing with the lighting engine. Put that thing back on the shelf quicker than an a box of angry birds branded condoms.

MattHP85, that's very kind of you to do, but I'm sorry to say the terms of the license in the OP don't allow derivative works. Also, the Addon Posting rules forbid posting links to DLLs only; all links must be to archives that have the license along with the assets/dlls, and, if a dll, either include the source or link to the source. For those reasons I had to pull the link.

That said, as DYJ has deputized me to update this stuff I'm interested to hear what you changed if any, and would be happy to give you full credit for the changes. :]

I honestly think this and BDarmory are the only two mods that have not updated to .90 yet. I am sure I can figure out what is holding BDarmory back and hotfix it myself that isn't to hard but the Pwings, that is MAJOR for me.

Anyway working on something in .25 that I want to finish first.

Negative, modular fuel tanks has yet to be fixed up properly, action groups extended as well... even QuickExit, which has had an update, is throwing out nasty errors. heck, there are tons of mods out there that are not yet updated. BDarmory has not given me any trouble yet... not that I've tried actually using any of it.

There seems to be a major bug with that 0.90 dll and I'm not sure how to describe it. It might have to do with trying to attach to offset parts.

I set a wing, size it, etc. Then I set another wing near by, size it, then try and pick it up and attach it again on the other wing that's offset, and all parts become unresponsive and I have to reload it.

Or.. yeah just in general you can't remove a wing from some place then reattach it to another wing, at least not an offset one.

I honestly think this and BDarmory are the only two mods that have not updated to .90 yet. I am sure I can figure out what is holding BDarmory back and hotfix it myself that isn't to hard but the Pwings, that is MAJOR for me.

Anyway working on something in .25 that I want to finish first.

The main thing holding BD Armory back at this time, as you well know, is that BD is off on vacation.