[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

Thx to a video from White Owl I wanted to try out this promising mod. I opened the bitbucket link from the first page. There I can´t find the file for the download in the download-tab. I looked left and right but I´m sad to say that I seem totaly unable to find the file I have to download.

I always have this problem with sites like this or sourceforge or similar - they´re not very userfriendly.

Please, could anyone point me to the file I have to download? Thanks in advance.

There is a link called 'Download' at the very end of the opening post - but I agree with you, this is hard to find as it looks like it is part of the licensing description. Would be better if this was larger and away from the previous section.

The snap disabling by holding the right mouse button when placing the wing doesn't work for me, it always snaps to the tip, unless there is another section of pWings, which makes the wing snap to that part instead if I place it at a certain distance from it.

when scaling wing, does the lift factor scales as well? if not can you make one with scalling lift factor pls? also making procedural wing and plate with constant thickness would be awesome, and could they be made so you can change the tint in some way?

I can't remember if it's been said already, but is it possible to scale the roots/tips in individual directions so we don't end up with massively thick wing roots?

Other than that, this combined with FAR is absolutely fantastic.

I can't remember if it's been said already, but is it possible to scale the roots/tips in individual directions so we don't end up with massively thick wing roots?

Other than that, this combined with FAR is absolutely fantastic.

Personally, the thickness should remain static. That or 1/10th the factor it is now.

Although I usually try to play vanilla with only minimal amount of mods, this one is SO awesome and useful I can't help but use it. It gives a whole new meaning to the concept of planes in KSP. Thank you !!

A question for DYJ:

Would it be possible to make a part that acts just like the EAS-4 Strut Connector (connecting two stages to increase structural stability and reduce wobble) that can be procedurally stretched and curved to (at least visually if not aerodynamically) appear like a custom fairing?

eusHx2j.png

DveUiXV.png

(Please excuse my poor attempt at making mockups)

Currently, all fairings connect only to a single stage, doing nothing structurally and frequently the engines and other parts that are underneath the fairing will clip through it if the rocket starts to wobble wildly, which does not look very nice...

Edited by Awaras

yeah, fairings and stuff would be awsome to have proceedural. just like a cylinder who's radius at either end can be set by the player.

if you set one end to 0 it becomes a cone.

it would make farrings a lot more easy to build.

Any chance of adding axis lock to scaling?

Aka, Shift-R to scale on X Axis, Alt-R to scale on Y Axis, and Ctrl-R for Z axis?*this would apply to T as well, but g should be fine as is.* This would allow for extremely unique wing designs. For example, a Wider wing with a low thickness.

I love the texture work on Bac9's wing, but it is far too thick*.25 meteres to thick!!* for the mk2 standard. Your plugin *sort of* fixes this, but due to reduced surface area from scaling, I cant get enough to get a realistic looking wing to actually lift something without adding front and rear assistance fins+gimbaling engines. When it does lift, it does not perform well, fliping out of control. center of lift is ~ .3 meters behind center of mass*center of thrust pushes lift closer to mass* anything built with stock wings in the same method works flawlessly every time, the only thing that changed is the wings.