Help me! (Can't get to mun)

Upload it, double click on it, a menu opens with various means of accessing it.In the upper right somewhere you will find a direct http link to the jpg. then just insert it here as an image.

From what I see, your lander is WAAAY too overpowered. ER gives me T/W like 7.64. Get rid of all those engines and replace the central one with a single LV-909. you will get TWR 1.46 which is more than enough for mun landing. And it's got the big ASAS - use the smaller one, saves weight. EDIT : I see it got RCS thrusters. you ain't need those to land on the mun at all. And lights but no solar panels nor RTGs.

Edited by MBobrik

Well, if I may interject. You probably don't need that much fuel (or engines, for that matter) on your lander, that's a lot of unnecessary weight that you have to get into orbit and get to the Mun. Other than that though, I can't see anything that should cause you too much trouble with regards to actually getting to the Mun (I'm rather new though, so I'm no expert).

I used mechjeb for some time, then i did it all legit!

how i do it legit with this ship : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/29607-Interplanetary-ship

1. Get to 80x80 kerban orbit.

2. Hoffman transfer to mun. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohmann_transfer_orbit)

3.4-5,000: break using rest of Hoffman transfer fuel stage.

4. ASAS and sparingly throttle (Then land, have fun doing whatever!)

5. get into 10x10 orbit.

6. Burn pro grade until Mun escape

7.After escape, burn your fuel on retrograde at Apoapsis until you have in atmosphere / no periapsis left.

8. enjoy re-entry effects and splash down/land using parachutes.

I hope this works for ya,

-J0hnsmine

Edited by J0hnsmine

Just to have asked the question, forgive me if it is silly.

Have you figured out how the navball works?

Before me and the navball understood eachothers, parts went flying everywhere.

Now I can spend my time in the map mode and land only by using the navball.

And do not trust the pesky MJ to ascend for you :P

You'd think it would know that full throttle on the rocket would make it fall apart/overheat, but noooo.

But it's quite useful for doing booring tasks, landing, making your orbit into a nice circle etc.

Just don't give it control over things until you're in space, and have time to save the ship because MJ decided your ship needed to be blown to bits.

Get a circular orbit around Kerbin. Wait until you are on the opposite side of the planet from a point 60 degrees ahead of Mun's current position, then point your nose prograde and burn. Turn the engine off when you get an intercept. It should look like this: 9lQN2Hh.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.