7R45H-CN and 7R45H-7RK: The solution to your debris problem!

Warranty void if used to hold trash. Trash-co assumes no liability for any damage or explosions caused by the use of this craft. May contribute to space-borne trash. At least 98% trash by weight.

7R45H-CN:

2013_05_19_00004.jpg

2013_05_19_00005.jpg

http://herpnderp.info/7R45H-CN.craft

Now with 300% more trash! (not to scale)

7R45H-7RK:

2013_05_20_00001.jpg 2013_05_20_00002.jpg 2013_05_20_00003.jpg 2013_05_20_00005.jpg

http://herpnderp.info/7R45H-7RK.craft

Note: do not grab large things with 7R45H-CN's arms, or they may break. 7R45H-7RK has control groups 1-4 bound to the arms, so you can grab things of different sizes using the 1-4 keys. Do not warp while trash is in the bin, or it may warp through or into the ship. Dispose of all trash promptly by retroburning until the periapsis is below 10km, then using your RCS to carefully back the trash out through the opening before re-circularizing your orbit.

Edited by Colonel_Panic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cool! A space vacuum. I like the Box design. I've been using this with great success:

Lixl4zY.png

My Squid Deorbiter Claw. Pretty neat to see two different takes on the same problem. I am so messy... we won't talk about how many pieces of Junk I can see in the Tracking Center.

I don't get it.

Toy Box Lives is a manga/movie/anime about a crew that removes space debris, much akin to what this space craft is supposed to do. I think Big is talking about an early iteration of the space debris collection vehicle in the story.

Edit: I really want to actually try this now ^_^ Can these handle parts that are 2m wide?

Toy Box Lives is a manga/movie/anime about a crew that removes space debris, much akin to what this space craft is supposed to do. I think Big is talking about an early iteration of the space debris collection vehicle in the story.

Edit: I really want to actually try this now ^_^ Can these handle parts that are 2m wide?

the big one should, just don't rely on the arms... the idea behind the wide box/basket design is you can just line up and push just about anything out of orbit with it

• 1 year later...

I've got an idea for a "stomach": first drain all resources from the part, then grab it so it stays fixed in a chamber and fire multiple rocket engines so the jets heat the object until it explodes. If you position those engines right, the net thrust is zero. Geeez. Haven't had my morning coffee yet.

I've got an idea for a "stomach": first drain all resources from the part, then grab it so it stays fixed in a chamber and fire multiple rocket engines so the jets heat the object until it explodes. If you position those engines right, the net thrust is zero. Geeez. Haven't had my morning coffee yet.

That's brilliant! A further refinement: the Klaw is a light probe that drags the part into position and docks it to the "furnace", that way you don't have to move the whole thing and can have an orbital "recycling" station. A couple of mainsails would create a good kill volume...

Rune. Something good came out of a necro!

That's brilliant! A further refinement: the Klaw is a light probe that drags the part into position and docks it to the "furnace", that way you don't have to move the whole thing and can have an orbital "recycling" station. A couple of mainsails would create a good kill volume...

Rune. Something good came out of a necro!

That would require WAY more time and resources than just de-orbiting the thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.