Mechjeb issues

Hello all, I seem to be having trouble with mechjeb. I can land my ship on duna no problem manually and the "land somewhere" function works. Problem I have is with land at target, it seem to under cut the landing prediction, tries to correct, and then sends the craft into a spin in 100km orbit. I abort and re engage it but it does the same. Any ideas what it could be? My ship is in 100 km orbit when I star and the target in almost on my orbitable path. Should I try from a higher or lower orbit? Not sure what the problem is....

Try a higher orbit. 100KM should be high enough for MechJeb to figure out, but if it's too low, it won't land properly. At least that was the case with older versions of MechJeb. I would try 150-200KM and see if that works.

And is it just spinning forever, and you're sure it's not just aligning itself on a node for a future burn?

Oh yes spins at least 3-4 times around before I have to take over.

Could it be because I have engines on it that aren't being used? I have 4 nukes and 4 l 40's. I only use the 40's when I'm going to take off full of kethane. Perhaps that is what's confusing it? I have the no problems landing this ship manually. Just the specific targets are hard to do.

MechJeb does its burn calculations based on the TWR of all the engines active or inactive that aren't separated bu decouplers. Even engines separated by stages but that aren't Seperated by decouplers. Messes with its burn time calculations big time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.