Woohoo!

Just flew a mission to the Mun the other day. Normally, that's not unusual around these parts, but it's a first for me for several reasons:

- It was the first landing on the Mun where stuff DIDN'T break off at landing.

- It was the first landing at a target of scientific interest (Munar arch on the trailing pole of the Mun) that I was able to spot from orbit WITHOUT using ISA Mapsat to locate it.

- It was the first time I landed a second craft within walking (or jetpack, in this case) range of the first one.

- It was the first time that I landed a habitat module on ANY body, including Kerbin.

- It was the first time I switched a Kerbal between craft off of Kerbin (the original lander broke. Thanks, Jeb... X_X) not once, but TWICE.

- It marked the first time I ever launched anything from the surface of a celestial body OTHER than Kerbin.

- It was the first time I managed to return a Kerbal from the orbit around the Mun (all other missions that returned were flybys).

Anyways, I'm quite happy with myself for achieving these all in the same mission arc. Now, Minmus or bust! :P

• 8 years later...

There was a little bit of off-topic conversation going on here that I removed.

There seems to be some confusion about necroposting, so please open the spoiler for a reminder about that.

Spoiler

"Necroposting" - replying to an old thread - is generally unpopular and unnecessary, so please do avoid doing that unnecessarily, but we don't have a blanket ban on it because it can sometimes be relevant and helpful. One thing that is against the rules is to take it upon yourself to tell someone off for doing it. Please report posts that you feel need correcting, and let the moderators do the moderating :)

I expect @MaverickSawyer has come on a long way in the eight years since this mission report.

16 minutes ago, Deddly said:

There was a little bit of off-topic conversation going on here that I removed.

There seems to be some confusion about necroposting, so please open the spoiler for a reminder about that.

Hide contents

"Necroposting" - replying to an old thread - is generally unpopular and unnecessary, so please do avoid doing that unnecessarily, but we don't have a blanket ban on it because it can sometimes be relevant and helpful. One thing that is against the rules is to take it upon yourself to tell someone off for doing it. Please report posts that you feel need correcting, and let the moderators do the moderating :)

I expect @MaverickSawyer has come on a long way in the eight years since this mission report.

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.