Reach orbit and back...

Yeah, you heard right. You have got to liftoff, achieve a very high orbit, make your\' way back to Kearth, and land... without getting faster than 200m/s. After that, people have to try and achieve the same... with less speed than the person before.

We\'ve all tried the fastest possible - now lets do the opposite.

EDIT:

I forgot - stock parts only.

I\'m certain that I beat the challenge, but in a realistic way. It wasn\'t until halfway through that I saw 'descend slower than 200 m/s', which is impossible with stock pieces. So thanks to his 'super-specific' parameters on the challenge, here it is.

-Used Stock parts

-Acheived almost perfect orbit with a velocity of 195 m/s (which was at about 88,700,000 meters)

-Came back home, safely, and only a walks worth away from the KSC

Rocket that took me there

ksp2011100919125701.png

Launch

Getting to the orbit altitude (just about 88,700,00 meters): I did a few transfer orbits to conserve energy

Kearth is puny from here!

ksp2011100918432422.png

ksp2011100918505947.png

After a retrograde burn, I easily come within 500 Km of Kearth.

ksp2011100918564652.png

After I slow my self down, I head towards the KSC.

ksp2011100919044093.png

Home sweet home!

ksp2011100919051375.png

Um, I have, and my statement still stands. Your rocket doesn\'t have the dV to meet the OP\'s specs on ascent.

Like you said, it was a troll challenge, so instead I perfected a super high orbit. If it makes people feel better, I never burned towards Kearth, only a short retrograde and then I let gravity take over

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.