0.20 Is here!!!

SkyHook

My god. I always have the same problem server overload or not. I just can not get the download link to work. I've been trying to download for an hour.

Nearing 2 hours of trying here and there... :(

I'll keep trying, but the possibility of me getting this to work today is unlikely as usual.

If learning about the patch while riding the train from work is bad enough, GF says that I MUST eat my dinner before she will allow me to play.

Something about 'slaving over a hot stove' reason.....I dont know.

for some reason .20 will not load for me. also, in copying over files I noticed that the new parts folder is empty....wha? feeling very sad.

Is the parts folder you are looking in the one that you see when you first open the game folder? because the stock parts are in gamedata/squad/parts and are arranged. Mod parts can also have this treatment although it is a bit confusing as to how to edit them so they work in this way.

Is the parts folder you are looking in the one that you see when you first open the game folder? because the stock parts are in gamedata/squad/parts and are arranged. Mod parts can also have this treatment although it is a bit confusing as to how to edit them so they work in this way.

ah I see. that answers that. I'm looking forward to the new IVAs. If only I could figure out why the game won't load.

Fantastic! I have had absolutely zero problems so far with this update. Common sense told me to hold off on mods and I apparently avoided problems by doing so. Moved my saved file with no problem, everything I saved in .19 is working in the update. I like everything about the improvements. The graphics are looking better from orbit. Really noticed a difference in the polar caps of Kerbin from orbit. Only thing left to say is "Keep up the good work SQUAD".

So whats up with mods for .20? Should I wait for them all to get updated? Ive only been using NovaPunch and well.. that broke. All my craft using the parts were missing said parts and buried in the ground. The parts were all colored real dark and some parts were just blank.. nothing there. So I deleted all the NP stuff and just did a clean save. So should I wait for an update before I reinstall? Or would a reinstall fix the issue?

So whats up with mods for .20? Should I wait for them all to get updated? Ive only been using NovaPunch and well.. that broke. All my craft using the parts were missing said parts and buried in the ground. The parts were all colored real dark and some parts were just blank.. nothing there. So I deleted all the NP stuff and just did a clean save. So should I wait for an update before I reinstall? Or would a reinstall fix the issue?

Likely mods are going to have to catch up. The file locations have changed with this one, so I'm betting most if not almost all mods are going to be broken right now.

/ZOMGZOMGZOMG it's finally here!! \o/

Likely mods are going to have to catch up. The file locations have changed with this one, so I'm betting most if not almost all mods are going to be broken right now.

/ZOMGZOMGZOMG it's finally here!! \o/

Hm.. I see. Well thanks for letting me know before I waited my time. Ill make due with the stock parts. How long did it last take to update the major mods?

Hm.. I see. Well thanks for letting me know before I waited my time. Ill make due with the stock parts. How long did it last take to update the major mods?

That's going to depend entirely on how involved the mod authors still are with their mods. As an example, one of my favorites has yet to be restored to either the forums or SpacePort since the Great Kraken Attack of '13 (FuelTastic).

Some of the bigger, more popular ones like B9 Aerospace or KW Rocketry I would think to find an update in a couple of weeks or so, if that. Again, it all depends on how "on top of things" the mod author(s) is/are, and if they're still interested in keeping their projects up to date with the game development.

As .20 represents a fairly substantial change to how parts are stored and tracked, I won't be surprised if it takes a few weeks or more to see even some of the most popular mods updated to work with this one. Wish I could be more specific, but for one thing, I'm not a mod author, so please don't consider me an authority on the subject. I'm just a fan like yourself who has seen games with this same kind of fanbase and mod-ability grow through major updates like this one.

Does any one have a full list of changes for.20?

I'm not sure its all but I believe they added:

-7 new parts including a cupola with IVA as well as one man lander, 2 new probe parts, a larger docking port, a new medium size rover wheel, and chairs, so you can sit on SRB's

-flags, customizable by users. Includes 23 stock flags

-editor does not require command part

-you can delete root parts in editor

-added new flag interface in editor

-vessel filtering in tracking station, plus knowledge base for info on ships and planets

-loading screen changes

-upgraded scene loader

-added database and reprogrammed part loaders

-approx. 30% less memory use

-better debug menu with part/cfg file reloads

-bug fixes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.