"not to close, not to far" challenge

hello guys.. i have a challenge for YOU! yes all of you kerbals...

the challenge is this:

1) go 500,000 m away from kearth

2) get back and pass 10,000 close to it BUT NOT LAND.

3) star a orbit (any orbit)

4) come back to kearth after 1 full rotation

RULES:

1) You are ONLY allow to use standard parts... (version 11x4 allow)

Take pics of you:

1)In the launch pad :)

2)In the 500,000m mark :o

3)in the pass of 10,000m mark 8)

4)in the first part of the orbit ???

5)10 mins later on orbit :)

6)landing safe... :D

Tips:

1)Do not use all ur fuel to get to 500,000m try to use only what you need

2)Let the gravity do the work at coming back

I hope you guys like the challenge soo tell me what you thing and Load those rockets and blast off!

Allow me to clarify, as it is difficult for me to understand what OP is saying - no offense, OP. Not everyone has the best English :)

1: Get a rocket up to (or over) 500,000m of altitude.

2: Then, pass within 10,000 meters of Kearth\'s surface.

3: After passing, get into an orbit of any size, whether it be circular or elliptical.

4: Land safely on Kearth after one full orbit.

Restrictions: Stock parts only, up to Experimental Release .11x4.

Screenshots are necessary for your entry to be valid:

1: On the launchpad

2: At or above 500,000m

3:Passing Kearth under 10,000m of altitude

4: Reaching your orbit

5: 10 minutes after you\'ve entered your orbit (Perhaps one at apokee and one at perikee to show you\'re in orbit?)

6: Your safe landing.

Nice andy :D you made it! the only pic you miss is in the launch pad.. so if you remake just the rocket and take it a pic that will be done :D i will make an other challenge in few mins :3

i will try to give challenge every day/week :3 pls give me your feedback so i know what can i come next MWhahaha :)

Allow me to clarify, as it is difficult for me to understand what OP is saying - no offense, OP. Not everyone has the best English :)

1: Get a rocket up to (or over) 500,000m of altitude.

2: Then, pass within 10,000 meters of Kearth\'s surface.

3: After passing, get into an orbit of any size, whether it be circular or elliptical.

4: Land safely on Kearth after one full orbit.

Restrictions: Stock parts only, up to Experimental Release .11x4.

Screenshots are necessary for your entry to be valid:

1: On the launchpad

2: At or above 500,000m

3:Passing Kearth under 10,000m of altitude

4: Reaching your orbit

5: 10 minutes after you\'ve entered your orbit (Perhaps one at apokee and one at perikee to show you\'re in orbit?)

6: Your safe landing.

thx :3 and np

These are my thoughts on how to do this challenge.

Try getting into a high orbit above 500,000m. From here you can use aerobraking techniques to drop under the required altitude limit.

I'm thinking a spaceplane would be the best craft to do this with, as you can boost one up into an orbit, and then coast back down through the atmosphere.

These are my thoughts on how to do this challenge.

Try getting into a high orbit above 500,000m. From here you can use aerobraking techniques to drop under the required altitude limit.

I'm thinking a spaceplane would be the best craft to do this with, as you can boost one up into an orbit, and then coast back down through the atmosphere.

that could work really good... depend on how much time do you want to expend on the challenge... tou can orbit 500,000m and head down to kearth, ones you are in your AP you slow down and get to the 10,000m marker and then launch up with some fuel to get at 36,000 orbit.

that could work really good... depend on how much time do you want to expend on the challenge... tou can orbit 500,000m and head down to kearth, ones you are in your AP you slow down and get to the 10,000m marker and then launch up with some fuel to get at 36,000 orbit.

Exactly. If you used a well-designed rocket, you may end up not even using any of your spaceplane\'s fuel getting into the orbit. Getting out of said orbit would only require some RCS applied at your AP. With luck, you could get back into the same orbit as before and use RCS again to begin aerobraking maneuvers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.