Request a flag!

Thobewill10

RE: My request for numbered "sports jersey" flags:

TheDoctor;2221821']How many would you need? You could do this with paint. Do you not name your vessels with your numbering system?

Maybe 5? Though the full set of 1-9 would be nice. Just in case.

Erm...PAINT? What is this "paint" of which you speak?

I name them with the numbering system, yes. But the naming system isn't always right there and accessible. If a vessel is docked to a station, its name vanishes. If what it docked to was a fuel tank, and it then undocks the fuel tank from the station, the "new" composite vehicle is now renamed "StationName Ship". And so forth. So, say I have 3 tugs that run between Mun, Minmus, and Kerbin. One is docked at Mun Station. One is docked at Minmus Station. One just separated from Kerbin Station hauling an empty fuel tank back to Minmus for refilling. One of them (doesn't really matter which) will be hauling a load of trainees outside Kerbin's SOI on a training run to get them their 3rd stars, and I know that Tug 3 needs to NOT be that one because it has to come directly back from Minmus in order to finish off a "grand tour" contract to all of Mun/Minmus/Kerbin.

So...Which one is Tug 3? I don't remember, and there's no easy way to tell.

RE: My request for numbered "sports jersey" flags:

Maybe 5? Though the full set of 1-9 would be nice. Just in case.

Erm...PAINT? What is this "paint" of which you speak?

I name them with the numbering system, yes. But the naming system isn't always right there and accessible. If a vessel is docked to a station, its name vanishes. If what it docked to was a fuel tank, and it then undocks the fuel tank from the station, the "new" composite vehicle is now renamed "StationName Ship". And so forth. So, say I have 3 tugs that run between Mun, Minmus, and Kerbin. One is docked at Mun Station. One is docked at Minmus Station. One just separated from Kerbin Station hauling an empty fuel tank back to Minmus for refilling. One of them (doesn't really matter which) will be hauling a load of trainees outside Kerbin's SOI on a training run to get them their 3rd stars, and I know that Tug 3 needs to NOT be that one because it has to come directly back from Minmus in order to finish off a "grand tour" contract to all of Mun/Minmus/Kerbin.

So...Which one is Tug 3? I don't remember, and there's no easy way to tell.

Roger that. The paint I'm referring to is the windows application Paint. No worries though, I can take care of it.

Hello, I'm asking for a beautiful flag for my company the 72 AeroSpace INC. I've already got one but I don't like too much (Google Translated, of course)

I want one with blue red and white colors and a bit of design like the UK space agency plz :)

So something like this....

6962f887b88122bc902ad08ac06db6ecf4c30e80.jpg

....but with your logo?

TheDoctor;2222334']Roger that. The paint I'm referring to is the windows application Paint. No worries though' date=' I can take care of it.[/quote']

Oh. THAT Paint. Right. Well, I'm feeling stupid now... (Where's a 'blush' kerbalicon when you need it...?)

And the number-flags are lovely! Just what the Doctor ord-- Erm, I mean, what *I* ordered!

Can anyone recommend any applications that are useful for making custom flags? As well as any tips and/or tricks? Thanks in advance.

Gimp, Photoshop, or Paint.net. Beyond that, as long as you use the correct image size (250x160) then the world is your oyster really, you can do just about anything you want with it.

A good trick though if you're trying to do something thats a bit more detailed and can't be done very easily in the small size , is to start your flag with an image size of 2500x1600 so that you'll have a lot more breathing room. Basically with that you'd just create your flag as if you were operating at the actual size, but now you can put some more detail into it that wouldn't have been easy at the smaller size. This is very useful for anything thats text heavy (or requires larger text but can't get to fit properly into the smaller size).

Then once you're done with that, just rescale the entire image down to 250x160 and you have your flag. You likely won't retain any very very small details (IE stuff you can barely see even on the larger size), but any medium sized details will be much more pronounced after you scale it down compared to if you just did it at the smaller size.

Gimp' date=' Photoshop, or Paint.net. Beyond that, as long as you use the correct image size (250x160) then the world is your oyster really, you can do just about anything you want with it.

A good trick though if you're trying to do something thats a bit more detailed and can't be done very easily in the small size , is to start your flag with an image size of 2500x1600 so that you'll have a lot more breathing room. Basically with that you'd just create your flag as if you were operating at the actual size, but now you can put some more detail into it that wouldn't have been easy at the smaller size. This is very useful for anything thats text heavy (or requires larger text but can't get to fit properly into the smaller size).

Then once you're done with that, just rescale the entire image down to 250x160 and you have your flag. You likely won't retain any very very small details (IE stuff you can barely see even on the larger size), but any medium sized details will be much more pronounced after you scale it down compared to if you just did it at the smaller size.[/quote']

Interesting...

What about vector graphics? Most details wouldn't be well retained if they're too small still, but scaling up would be much better.

Interesting...

What about vector graphics? Most details wouldn't be well retained if they're too small still, but scaling up would be much better.

I use gimp myself, but I do have Inkscape which does vector graphics. I honestly don't know if the game would be able to use it. I only say this because the flags in the game are all .png files.

Can anyone recommend any applications that are useful for making custom flags? As well as any tips and/or tricks? Thanks in advance.

As far as tips and tricks, well..... look and national flags across the globe. Look at state and provincial flags. Look at aerospace company emblems. Look at NASA mission patches. These all give you an idea of how to build a flag.

TheDoctor;2224504']As far as tips and tricks' date=' well..... look and national flags across the globe. Look at state and provincial flags. Look at aerospace company emblems. Look at NASA mission patches. These all give you an idea of how to build a flag.[/quote']

Not a flag request post but just sharing my craft release flags. I get most of my craft ideas from collaborating with other KSPers on and off the forums, so these came out recently:

j6nDGjU.pngUtlWdc7.pngoTcYCm2.png

I tried Mass Effect SR1/2 style ship markings too but limited by the flag dimension restriction.

VVTmTU7.pnglgZt1fl.png

If it's possible and not too time consuming, I'd be greatly interested in something like this but with a kerbal head and a "kerbalized" Guy Fawkes mask in place of the question mark, or even a kerbalized green mask, I'm interested in seeing what you can come up with:

anonflagpng.png

For reference on the mask:

anonymous_masks_guy_fawkes_v_for_vendetta_1280x960_hd-wallpaper-632430.jpg

Thanks in advance for a response! :-)

EDIT: I can do the re-sizing.

Edited by Blazed

TheDoctor;2220100']I kind of like the Roman feel. What if you took the symbol from you first flag and super impose it on top of that star? I bet that would look good' date=' and not so ancient. If you still can't get it the way you want it let us know, I'm sure one of the designers here will be available. :):):)[/quote']

Great idea! I took a stab at it and I like it. The roman theme really grew on me and the orbit crescent thing makes it look spacey.

PEODLwB.jpg

thanks!

• 7 months later...

I have a request for a flag for my company, Avalon Astronautics, I would like the background to be space with some stars, & the words Avalon Astronautics to be arranged in a manner like the XCOR Aerospace logo, with the spaceship going around the entire logo with its trail becoming part of the 'A' in Avalon.

5 hours ago, KSPNerd said:

I have a request for a flag for my company, Avalon Astronautics, I would like the background to be space with some stars, & the words Avalon Astronautics to be arranged in a manner like the XCOR Aerospace logo, with the spaceship going around the entire logo with its trail becoming part of the 'A' in Avalon.

I Know how to use adobe illustrator. I can do it.

Here U are

Lei6etR.png

Let me know if this isn't what you wanted.

Edited by Kuansenhama

10 hours ago, Kuansenhama said:

I Know how to use adobe illustrator. I can do it.

Here U are

Lei6etR.png

Let me know if this isn't what you wanted.

It's Perfect!!!!!! This is exactly what I wanted!!! Thank you so much!!!

9 hours ago, awfulhumanbeing said:

Kerbal National Space Agency. A capsule re-entering Kerbin.

You liked my post so I take it you want one too... Hope ya don't mind the Mun and Munimus joinin the party.

lgtk2TX.png

Edited by Kuansenhama

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.