Minmus

Ironwatsas

In my adventures lately I've pondered a thought. Most of the other planets in the Kerbol system are made of something that makes sense. Whereas Minimus is an odd-looking thing, some kind of teal... rock... ice... planetoid that somehow wandered into Kerbin's orbit. Like some sort of rotten space crabapple.

I've come up with the theory that Minmus is the Egg of an Eldritch Abomination; Possibly containing the sleeping embryo of Kerthulhu; Dark Priest of the Old ones, come to corrupt the minds of the innocent Kerbals as they scamper about like small hyperactive raccoons.

Most of the Kerbal Astrologers I've contacted agree that it's the only logical explanation for Minmus' surface dynamics, and it could also explain the Origins of the Deep Space Kraken. There's been a lot of them around lately...

Does this make any sense to the rest of you?

My Minmus survey team, back in 0.18, discovered data that suggests the undulations in its terrain are the result of heat from the sun.

AoOjZ9R.jpg

Actually, they didn't collect any data. They just pretended to so the public believed they were doing something more useful than going sightseeing.

Well, they did find some nice places, which I later used for a base..

In my adventures lately I've pondered a thought. Most of the other planets in the Kerbol system are made of something that makes sense. Whereas Minimus is an odd-looking thing, some kind of teal... rock... ice... planetoid that somehow wandered into Kerbin's orbit. Like some sort of rotten space crabapple.

I've come up with the theory that Minmus is the Egg of an Eldritch Abomination; Possibly containing the sleeping embryo of Kerthulhu; Dark Priest of the Old ones, come to corrupt the minds of the innocent Kerbals as they scamper about like small hyperactive raccoons.

Most of the Kerbal Astrologers I've contacted agree that it's the only logical explanation for Minmus' surface dynamics, and it could also explain the Origins of the Deep Space Kraken. There's been a lot of them around lately...

Does this make any sense to the rest of you?

You have found the source of the chaos taint that brings the warp storm cutting us off from the light of they holy emperor? CALL THE INQUISITION, EXTERMINATUS MUST BE DECLARED.

Minmus Cannot be water ice unless it was an object from outside the solar system that was captured only just recently. Its frozen "lakes" are probably frozen salt flats, and it's "snow" is probably the same. It's mint green color is possibly a thin layer of some mineral.

Or it's a Kraken egg.

I dunno about the green color - artistic license, perhaps - but I've always assumed that Minmus was (1) an icy asteroid, comet nucleus, or similar "dirty snowball" type body, and (2) a relatively recent capture by Kerbin (supported by its distant, inclined orbit, and that it hasn't thawed or sublimed noticeably despite its new residence in the habitable zone around Kerbol).

Ahh, skeptics~, if it were made of Salt, where is the giant potato chip or french fry planet orbiting it?

There's overwhelming evidence in favor of Minmus being the seed of the harbinger of madness and doom to us all. I mean, it's taught in Kerbin Elementary School!

Anyhow, the prevailing theory of my engineering staff has been "Drill for Kethane NOW!", so once my space stations and orbital probes are re-built from the 0.20 update. I'll begin landing an expedition to Minmus once the rest is out of the way (flag on the mun, rebuilt space station, settlement suits from the rain of spent boosters landing in residential areas, etc).

Also, we should mandate keeping a fleet of

in orbit at all times. Just in case.

C'mon guys, everyone knows that Mun's made of cheese, and Minmus is made of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Only, Jeb's already been there, and he dug up and ate every last chocolate chip. What else would explain the hills and mountains scattered about the surface?

Dammit, Jeb...

Edit: Seriously, Minmus has always reminded me of mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's probably why it's my favorite object I've yet visited. Well, that, and its green color is so much prettier than the drab grays of Mun!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.