FusTek Station Parts Dev Thread (continuation of fusty's original work)

sumghai

So the IVAs are based on a horizontal orientation, right? Not like the HitchHiker, but like modules of a base or something?

Yeah, they're horizontal, as they are loosely inspired by the real-life USOS modules on the ISS.

Oh neato! I do like that trusses will be an eventual part of the mod.

Bear in mind that the trusses I speak of in my roadmap will be quite different from the ones that were from fusty's original pack - my proposed trusses will be a cross between the THSS system and the real-life ISS trusses.

Sounds awesome! I look forward to it all. I assume its a given that finishing the IVA's is on the list too?

This was stated quite clearly in the blog post:

R0.04a (TODO)

- Proper FStextureSwitch integration (Snjo is working on supporting multiple objects with the same name / master-slave texture sets) First one done.

- Proper internals for all habitable crew compartments, with RPM functionality where appropriate

Will some version of the SEV or LEV be getting included before or after 1.0?

post-347280-0-21910900-1327130967.jpg

Strikes me as the sort of thing that would just borrow from Kuest textures, cross section derived from 2.5m cylinder body for upper and lower quadrant, and 1.25m cylinder body for side quadrants

Edited by Gryphorim

Will some version of the SEV or LEV be getting included before or after 1.0?

http://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/monthly_01_2012/post-347280-0-21910900-1327130967.jpg

Strikes me as the sort of thing that would just borrow from Kuest textures, cross section derived from 2.5m cylinder body for upper and lower quadrant, and 1.25m cylinder body for side quadrants

My original intention was to release the SEV as a separate add-on parts pack, but we'll see.

I would like to ask you if you can consider including version of BZ-52 (2,5m) that will be skinned for your mode, it will be very useful to hide pieces of equipment (i.e. I use two customized BZ-52 to hide Magic Smoke hinges and Pistons) My BZ-52 are configured with two stacking point and are not allowed to attach to sides... if they will look like FusTek station part it will make my station look nicer :)

HRXOV59.png

I would like to ask you if you can consider including version of BZ-52 (2,5m) that will be skinned for your mode, it will be very useful to hide pieces of equipment (i.e. I use two customized BZ-52 to hide Magic Smoke hinges and Pistons) My BZ-52 are configured with two stacking point and are not allowed to attach to sides... if they will look like FusTek station part it will make my station look nicer :)

http://i.imgur.com/HRXOV59.png

BZ-52? My parts pack does not include any part with that designation.

Sorry, I was referring to stock part (original stock part is just 1,25m and have only single stacking point), so my idea is for similar part that will be 2,5m (or resizable) with something like this in config:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.04688377, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.08, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,1

with textures of Fustek station for hiding items inside... :)

http://i.imgur.com/HRXOV59.png

Sorry, I was referring to stock part (original stock part is just 1,25m and have only single stacking point), so my idea is for similar part that will be 2,5m (or resizable) with something like this in config:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.04688377, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.08, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,1

with textures of Fustek station for hiding items inside... :)

That's too niche of an application, and as such, outside the focus of this parts pack. Sorry!

When can we expect a new release? Love this mod so much ;) even thought i got a Huge problem:

LAGGGGS

My stations are always 400 Parts + Dont know why but this mod makes me Build BIG ;)

There is nothing I can do about lag due to very large part counts.

Official scheduled release date for R0.04a: When It's Doneâ„¢.

(Lack of) Progress Report, 13 August 2014

I continued working on the internals, focusing on the Karmony modules' circular side viewports. I modeled a nice internal shutter that would fit within the 80 mm space formed by the outer and inner pressure hulls, but am having some issues getting the shutter to work with JSIActionGroupSwitch - I'm suspecting that I either derped somewhere, or that having multiple instances of the same JSIActionGroupSwitch-powered prop wasn't a good idea.

On a more positive note, I've finally revised the TAC Life Support patch for compatibility with TaranisElsu's v0.9 pre-release - the actual quantities of crew provisions provided should still be the same, although I did nerf the Resupply Module by halving its capacity (the previous patch made the smaller resupply module able to hold more provisions than the larger logistics modules permanently docked at a station) and added life support to the Kirs Docking Module.

This revised patch will be included in R0.04a, but if you wish to use it for X0.04-4 right now, you can download it here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sumghai/FusTek_StationParts/master/GameData/FusTek/Station%20Parts/Parts/MM_configs/FusTek_MMPatch_TACLifeSupport_ModularFuelTanks.cfg

https://github.com/sumghai

To download the latest build click on "FusTek_StationParts". On the right side under the toolbar, you will see 2 buttons, "Clone in Desktop" and "Download Zip". Click "Download Zip". You will see a file named "FusTek_StationParts-Master". Unzip the file, and place the file named "GameData" into your KSP file.

Edited by sharpspoonful

Here is a little skin pack for 0.3.5 version

http://www./download/fl16ym2029tx4on/FusTekXX.rar

http://i.imgur.com/eMrWXEw.jpg

It adds 4 new Logistics modules with a different look:

- Kombobulus - based on ISS' Columbus

- Konsequence - based on ISS' Destiny

- Karavaggio - based on MPLMs and also close to the "stock" look

- Kerpton - based on kapton shields like the ones on ATV or russian modules

+ Kombobulus and Kerpton end rings included

I will convert them at some point to 0.4, but the new combined texture - extreme reduction makes it pretty hard to make some creative new skins. For example Kerpton would be near impossible to make look good because the same pattern would repeat on every panel. Also the lack of specular shader makes nice shines not possible to add.

http://i.imgur.com/3QP9D0zl.png

little blast from the past for those that miss these things

little blast from the past for those that miss these things

Incompatible with the current dev builds, due to major changes in UV mapping.

I sent nothke many, many PMs and emails about making these textures compatible for R0.04a over a period of several months, including the changes he requested regarding specularity and lessening the amount of repetition in my textures. Unfortunately, he is now only interested in working on Kerbin City, and so avoids me whenever possible. Perhaps I'll take his textures and re-work them myself to the new UV mapping, but that's for R0.05a.

Progress Report, 18 August 2014

Took a break from the troublesome internals to work on some niggles I've had with some of the part exteriors.

I didn't like the decalled locking latch and handles on the original Karmony hatches, so I'm redoing those as meshes. All the doodads are loosely-inspired by those on the real-life ISS hatches, but with a bit of artistic licence thrown in to fit the clean and non-finicky FusTek aesthetic:

ksp_fustek_karmony_hatch_rework_wip_18_aug_2014_by_sumghai-d7vn3y6.png

Fig 71 - (WIP) FusTek Karmony Hatch - Rework

Most of these features should be self-explanatory, but I'll highlight a couple and explain why they are needed:

- Pressure Equalization Valve - After two modules are docked, there will be pressure differentials between the modules and the space formed within the two docking ports themselves. If pressure in all three areas are not equalized before the hatches are opened, the pressure difference will be enough to damage the hatch hinges/rollers/rails and/or cause serious injury. A simple twist knob is used by Kerbalnauts to equalize pressure before opening the hatch, and it has a pressure gauge built into the knob itself as well for added convenience.

- Storage Latch - Simply keeps the hatch locked in closed or opened/stowed position; in the latter case, it stops the open hatch from sliding around and hitting Kerbals on their heads / catching their appendages.

Apologies for the lack of progress - so much to do for R0.04a, so little time.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you using to build your IVA scenes?

Blender + Unity.

- PartTools for exporting the props and internal models (including Kerbal seating and camera transforms) to .MU format

- PropTools to position and configure the props in each IVA scene

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.