Please report here if you're having absolutely ZERO problems with 0.20

rodion_herrera

Please report here if you're having absolutely ZERO problems with 0.20. You can report a bug, but I'm interested in overall good to excellent performance. If possible please also indicate machine specs and OS. Thanks to OtherDalfite for asking me to be more specific in what I wanted.

I mean, I don't want to demean those who are having issues, but it gets so tiring to see all those issue when I haven't encountered a single one of the described issues and problems. Been to Mun and back, Been to Minmus and back. Zero issues. I just want to hear those who so far, haven't encountered anything that would amount to a "show stopper"--perhaps if we pool together, we can figure out what we're doing that the others aren't or what they are doing that we aren't, to help get to the bottom of this "this is the worst update of all" thing going around.

All I can say is that I'm loving it. Nothing's happening that gives me anything to ruin the fun.

"I'm uh...at the foot of the, uh...ladder...the LEM footpads don't even touch the ground because uh, Rodion, the engineer, didn't MEASURE IT ...uh... before stacking it on the uh, rocket...so we landed on the engine bell...uh...so, I'm gonna step off the LEM now..." - Jebediah Kerman

minmus9.jpg

-RODION

Edited by rodion_herrera

I'm getting some minor stuttering when eva'd on kerbin but other than that the game is running much better this patch. I still can't drive my 6 passenger rover without crashing, can I blame that on squad? :sticktongue:

So far, so good. Smooth performance, much faster loading, great visuals, no crashes, and no lag to speak of. And this on a 5-year old non gaming rig. :cool:

I'm not having any issues either. There were a couple of changes I'm not sure I like, but they're minor enough to adjust to and enough others are complaining about them that I don't feel like I need to add my voice.

My performance is much better now. It's smoother overall; even when it slows down, which happens at a higher part count, it seems to be less stutttery. The new parts are great, though I find the menu in the VAB a bit bright, but that's a tiny niggle.

KSP feels much closer to being a full game, now.

Working much better for me too. I started afresh without any mods. Fast load and I'm now running highest quality graphics; my previous settings were low. I've now installed mechjeb and all's fine. As the mods get updated I'll reinstall them.

All in all, very pleased.

I'm not having any issues either. There were a couple of changes I'm not sure I like, but they're minor enough to adjust to and enough others are complaining about them that I don't feel like I need to add my voice.

Are you the guy with the issue of having a crewed capsule even though you have a remote probe as primary (in earlier versions, if you stack it this way, the capsule is uncrewed)? Yeah I guess they overlooked that one, but I'm sure it's an easy fix.

-RODION

Working much better for me too. I started afresh without any mods. Fast load and I'm now running highest quality graphics; my previous settings were low. I've now installed mechjeb and all's fine. As the mods get updated I'll reinstall them.

All in all, very pleased.

Glad to see someone else taking a measured, thoughtful approach to working with this update. :)

I did a fresh install like always, completely vanilla for my first few days. Only mod I use anyway is Engineer, so it doesn't break my ships if I lose it.

No issues at all. My load time is still about a minute but the whole game runs faster.

I can delete my command pod without starting a new ship. LOVE!!

I have inline probe cores with SAS!! LOVE!!

I have flags that can mark locations and haven't blown up yet! LOVEEEEE!!!

a lot of the issues people have run into is from merging KSP folders and leaving in mods. Many of these issues are mod conflicts. Regardless, any issues should be taken to the support folder where they can help others instead of creating post after post complaining about the bugs.

Are you the guy with the issue of having a crewed capsule even though you have a remote probe as primary (in earlier versions, if you stack it this way, the capsule is uncrewed)? Yeah I guess they overlooked that one, but I'm sure it's an easy fix.

-RODION

Nope, that wasn't me.

My performance is better with this update. And I only encountered minor bugs I knew before.

I didn't like the low res texture of the mun. It looks ugly, sorry to say that.

And a minor sidenote I thought there would be more parts from KSPX in this update, but maybe they are coming in 0.21.

No real performance issues or bugs, but I'm not a fan of the new Loading icon... it actually takes longer to enter the VAB than it used to, seemingly because the Loading icon needs to be displayed.

It used to take less than 1 second after clicking the VAB, now it takes 3-4 seconds. I know that isn't a huge deal, but it is aggravating to be slowed down to be shown a Loading icon.

I am having no issues either (well experienced two crashes, but those are confirmed problems of my pc .20 works fine and smooth for me) i am right now playing nearly vanilla, only using the engineer redux, wich works great .20 (except the texture of the part is not loading for some reason)

Only other issue I encountered ... well ... er ... i am still unable to calculate all those TWRs and Delta-v on my own to build reasonable working rockets ... well at least I have my friend and coworker, the engineer to do that for me^^

I really love this update :D

No problems here,al working well

My opinions on .20:

New lander can and observation module: AWESOME! The new lander can IVA is really cool,and i managed to land perfectly with it on the night side.

The rest: AWESOME! the new engine, the seats, all awesome,the new loading screen. Averything.

Thank you SQUAD!

I've played for several hours, made a couple rondevous and docks and the only problems i've had are because of my own incompetence. This update broke nothing for me and it fixed the most annoying issue of not being able to place multiple parts on multiple radial decouplers without having the camera angle just right. Love the update (despite the fact that very little was added in the way of stock parts) and keep it up Squad.

I suspect a large portion of the userbase that's having issues are the ones using multiple mods designed for old builds that are breaking the game, and they blame the update.

I go in to every update fully expecting a save file wipe and starting with the vanilla game and adding mods as they come. I always install to a new folder rather than try to "update" my old game. Until the game is in a full, stable release, that's what we get for playing an open beta as far as i'm concerned. I suspect most people don't share this view and want to carry over old save files, ship designs, mods, etc, and it ends up causing a conflict. In my opinion squad should get the game to a full, stable, vanilla release rather than try to dick around with fixing every problem that every person has because "my old save file put my base inside the moon" or "i have lag because this doesn't work with mod X v.19"

Edited by internetlad