Please report here if you're having absolutely ZERO problems with 0.20

rodion_herrera

I haven't encountered any bugs at all either. My only problem seems to be the (apparent) new ocean shader, for some reason it lags my game by quite a lot compared to .19.

But only when I look at it from IVA, so it's not really that bad.

I have almost the same system, a Phenom II x4 + 6950 2gb, and I am not getting any lag on Kerbin until about 200-250 parts. Does your card have 1gb vram?

I'm getting stuttering with the new wheels, and I have to quicksave like every three minutes to make sure I have something to go back to whenever I flip my rover. Even when I'm not moving at all I'm getting all this gittery movement and I have to spam the quicksave button until it saves. For some reason it keeps saying "Cannot save when about to crash" or "Cannot save when moving across the surface", even though I have breaks activated. It's not really a big deal though. I'll just wait 'till .20.

Other than that it's a great version. I really like what Squad added.

That was a real bug. We've fixed it for the upcoming hotfix. It was just a suspension setting in the end... but jittery surface contact can lead to all sorts of trouble, so it's one of those issues that feels a lot more serious than it really is.

Cheers

I have almost the same system, a Phenom II x4 + 6950 2gb, and I am not getting any lag on Kerbin until about 200-250 parts. Does your card have 1gb vram?

Nope, 2GB. I'm convinced it's my processor that's bottlenecking the whole thing but I can't upgrade for now.

Anyway as long as I don't IVA while looking at the ocean it's all dandy :D

Nice. :P I have a 1GB 4870, Penny 2 x4 (unlocked :D), but get general lag (9fps) with 200+ parts. Anything around 100 or less is wonderful though. I can cope with my obscene constructions being laggy though, that's self inflicted. :)

All I've had in terms of 'bugs' is the occasional ship explosion when changing controlled vessels. By occasional I mean about 1 in every 20 times I switch. Careful quicksaving and pointing the target craft to the normal have made it more of a training exercise for more efficient docking than anything else so as far as I'm concerned there's no problem. I really don't understand why people are calling it a game breaker, if you use a little lateral thinking then it is really no issue at all. Perhaps Squad could use this "bug" make an advanced training scenario for docking.

On another note, I imported my old space station from 0.19 and there is a massive reduction in lag on my laptop (a 2.83ghz C2D MacBook Pro, 8gb ram, 512mb vram). In fact, it runs beautifully for such an old machine. On my desktop (3.4ghz 3570k i5, 16gb ram, gtx690) the game is absolutely flying (pun intended).

ETA: The station is about 270 parts and computer specs

Edited by xandski

Well, my Mun base was ever so slightly off the ground and burst a few tires, but beyond that I've had no problems. I run what would appear to be more mods than is sensible so I am really pleased that I'm no longer running out of memory and crashing any more when changing craft or going from VAB to the launch pad. I lost a few satellites in my 0.19 save due to Damned Robotics not working in 0.20 but I'll cope ;)

Possibly. I'm running an i7-920/2.66 GHz which is about 5 years old, but with an Nvidia GTX650-Ti SC, and I'm getting no lag at all. I was getting nasty lag on .19 with an ancient AMD Radeon HD4850, which is why I upgraded. Just grasping at straws for a possible correlation. Thanks for replying!

KSP is a very CPU bound game. The limiting factor is the CPU.. From what I've seen it's unlikely (even with the most powerful CPU on the market, overclocked too) that you can out-CPU this game for long. Having an old CPU is only going to make matters worse when you're playing a CPU hungry game.

Anyway, fact is 0.20 works fine. If you're suffering problems there's a good possibility it's your computer and not KSP.. Perhaps time for an overhaul, clean installation, or just new drivers and cleaning up that 5-year old system.

Only issue i've personally had so far has been duplicate parts after I first installed .20, but doing a clean install in a new directory, then moving my save folders to the new install and reinstalling the two mods I use (KER and protractor) fixed that.

How can anyone have problems? 0.20 is the first version that is actually playable on my home computer (not counting the 0.13.3 demo). Well, it's 8 years old with 1 GB of ram, but still.

Even on my 6 year old laptop, I am getting better performance than before, even on higher graphics settings.

Computer Specs: 2.33 ghz Intel core two duo, 4 gb ram at 667 mhz, and mac OS 10.7.5

The only problem I have with .20 is that it breaks EdTools, and less importantly, Subassembly, and that deeply saddens me, as I HEAVILY relied on them.

I started .20 this evening, and have encountered excactly zero problems in ~4 hours of play (to the Mun and back). The performance is *way* better on my oldish PC, too.

As with any new version, however, I've made a clean install and have no mods installed yet.

Are you sure that Subassembly doesn't work anymore, M5000? Building rovers in the VAB is a pain in the butt :-/

I've had one crash that brought up an error file that I should probably send to someone at some point, not sure how though...

Besides that all is fine! Runs smooth, I still get the image of a Halo ring just after clicking launch, but nothing else to report.

The only problem I've run into is, when starting from a probe core and then adding a manned capsule, the capsule now has Kerbals in it. Kind of messed up my first attempt at an "unmanned test launch" to avoid casualties, but they got back down safely.

So far no issues. Game save moved over flawlessly, all active flights and ships pre-update still intact after. The graphics I had to lower to fix the "crashing on 2nd launch in VAB" with .19, I changed back to the higher quaility and no more crashing on launch from the VAB in .20

This update is working just fine as far as I am concerned. Been playing since 0.14, and 0.20 definitely adds refinement to craft building. I am enjoying the update very much. I am reusing my 0.19 (and prior) persistence file, which hasn't caused any trouble.

It's difficult for me to assess the performance of this version vs. that of the previous one, because I also just took possession of a new, rather more powerful computer. This being said, KSP is now incredibly smooth.

The only thing that's "broken" is the simple one-part mod I was using - Graphotron. I don't go ape**** and say "ZOMG 0.20 IS UTTER CRAP MY MOD DONT WORK!!!11!!one!!" precisely because I didn't expect the mod to keep working. KSP is under development and is in its alpha stage, for God's sake, so anyone whose space program is built upon mods does so at his or her own risk, in my opinion.

One of my most significant bugs is that the textures are 'jittery', and that the lighting is flickinging (probabbly the hashslayingslasher).

Sounds like you may be describing what I've been seeing...a shimmer, like heat haze, that I notice when looking at things (especially Kerbals) close up.

I wasn't sure whether this was an intended or unintended effect of new lighting/shading/etc. (or if possibly it was just my machine).

Everything's working great, but for some reason the wreckage of a crashed spacecraft on the Mun teleported under the surface and the flag shot out and broke itself. I just prey it's a one time thing caused by the game and not a mod or something.

I'm getting some minor stuttering when eva'd on kerbin but other than that the game is running much better this patch. I still can't drive my 6 passenger rover without crashing, can I blame that on squad? :sticktongue:

You can, but then there's no complaining when squad bring in a compulsory tutorial mission that you must complete before being allowed to build anything with wheels.