About the new merchandise.

aceassasin

I ordered the "Large KSP Logo Mug" -- I would have ordered a T-Shirt too if they had one with just that design on it (like the mouse pad).

Things I'd like to see:

Black tshirt with the kerbal logo small over the heart.

A polo shirt, the same with a KSP logo over the heart.

Kerbal Plushie...though I'd have to protect it from my cats.

Both shirts would make it into my regular line up for work and play. I don't have much cause for white shirts anymore, they just don't tend to make it into my everyday wear clothes.

I will buy some stuff if they put up something I want.

No offense to the artists and guys who make the stuff for the merchandise, but I found it all pretty weak :P

The bumper sticker is kinda cool, but my truck has a clean look to it, so I don't put anything on it.

As mentioned above, the old loading screen art as a poster or T-shirt I will definitely buy.

I agree that the old loading screen as an official poster/mouse pad would be awesome.

My merchandise suggestions:

-USB drives

-Hats

-Models of the command pods, maybe small rockets

-Hoodies

-Bobble heads

-Fridge magnets

-Koozies

-Papercraft models

I was just wondering if anyone else has bought any of the kerbal merchandise. I just got finished ordering the kerbal flag planting t-shirt

Conarr = father, and so for Father's day I've put in a request for a certain bumper sticker, coffee mug and T-shirt.

Apologies for the brief threadjack but just wanted to give a thumbs up for Sir Name's lyrics :-) Love it, even if you have got that darn tune stuck in my head now!

I agree that the old loading screen as an official poster/mouse pad would be awesome.

My merchandise suggestions:

-USB drives

-Hats

-Models of the command pods, maybe small rockets

-Hoodies

-Bobble heads

-Fridge magnets

-Koozies

-Papercraft models

I think the loading screen art not being used in 'official' merchandise is likely because the original art originated outside of Squad. Using it in the game is one thing, since they're not really profiting off someone else's artwork in that case since no one is buying KSP just to see that image.. But selling it on things like t-shirts etc changes things a lot.. And opens up a whole other licensing and copyright can of worms that i'm sure it's just easier for Squad avoid by not doing it.

Besides, prints and mousepads are available from the artist's DA page. Plus the image is available for download.. So if you reaaaly wanted it on a T-shirt, you could have your own printed for personal use.. Selling them just wouldn't be legal.

Well got the 3D model of Jeb Kerman. If he turns out good I'll get the other two kerbals as well :)

That's my only fear. When real-life pictures of the models are out, and it looks good, I'll probably bite and buy the crew.

But looking at the model in Shapeways... ehhhhh, hope it isn't low-quality.

That's my only fear. When real-life pictures of the models are out, and it looks good, I'll probably bite and buy the crew.

Considering they're probably 3D prints of the original models, those pictures at Shapeways might be pretty close to the actual miniatures. The question is: Are you willing to pay ~43€ for such a tiny Jeb? :D

Anyway, my problem with the merch is that there's not enough of it! I'd like some more motives (and not just shirts, but also hoodies!) in different colors (well... one different color: black!), and I might actually get a few.

And yeah: A large print of the old loading screen would be absolutely sweet. Who's the original artist, anyway?

Its not :< ?

I really want that Mug, for the atmosphere when I make another coffee in the middle of the night while playing :P

I also want the Space program large mug for coffee. And the "I brake for lithospheres" sticker for my Van.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.