[0.20.0]Hakari's Hyperdimension Space Junks =UPDATE: LED lights=

1096bimu

I knew it must have been ripped from the game since it was obviously optimized for that. As for permissions and stuff, it's not like I ever claimed it to be my own in any way, nor am I making any money off of it, I don't see the point.

The thing about past si-fi stuff, they often look stupid because of the technologies we have today, I mean who still uses lights and CRT monitors on star ships? Tony Stark has these 3D hologram stuff on his phone and he doesn't even travel to other planets.

Why is there much fort 7zip latly it isn't illigal/bloated like winrar andere works beter.?

Because you don't need to install third party software to open .zip files... support is built in to modern OSs. Not to mention, the superior performance of .7z is meaningless for something as small as these files.

If you want a tiny niche audience for your mods, stick with .7z. If you want everyone to use them, switch to the standard. I was interested in your lights, but I guess that's just not meant to be.

Absolutely excellent lights. Being used to the vanilla lights, I didn't expect them to be that bright.

WhxrWoX.jpg

Look at those suckers! Gonna put those on my station and base modules from now on. Thanks a lot!

updated LED lights

Absolutely loving the lights! They're super bright and I like the aesthetic a lot. I am seeing a problem with the area LED, however. It casts light correctly, but the lamp itself doesn't glow. I've triple checked my installation and everything appears correct, and the spotlights are behaving correctly. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

So, wow are those lights bright. I might put up a station in sync with the Mun's dark side just to make it the brighter side. Oh, and love the dead weights: 200 tons of gold to LKO for the hell of it.

bCKKppU.png

Are yup going to upload to spaceport?

I just tried to download these parts, and after failing to get to the download itself I thought the same thing.

Google Drive is probably easy enough to upload stuff to, but it's not quite as easy to download from it if you're not the person who uploaded it.

Allow me to elaborate. I know that Google Drive is convienient and all, but if someone wants to download it and has even so much as a gmail account then they have to log out of that and then click the download link for it to work, otherwise clicking the "download" button on the page just ends up shunting you over to a "sign up / sign in for Google Drive" page.

Long story short, I'm not signing up for a service that I don't need, especially since there seems to be some kind of arrangement in place where it will let someone download from that service UNLESS some other service from the same company has data about them! To me, that situation is not simply only devoid of logic, it runs exactly counter to it! What makes that situation even more unpleasant to me is that I fully understand that the foundations of digital computing is the laws of Boolean Logic!

@1096bimu: Please don't take this post the wrong way, it's not meant as criticism directed at you, your parts, or you're decision to use Google Drive to host them. Any actual or imagined discourtesy is directed solely and squarely at what I perceive to be an attempt by Google to get me further integrated into their services, when in fact I want as little to do with said services as possible!

Absolutely loving the lights! They're super bright and I like the aesthetic a lot. I am seeing a problem with the area LED, however. It casts light correctly, but the lamp itself doesn't glow. I've triple checked my installation and everything appears correct, and the spotlights are behaving correctly. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

because KSP only supports the most basic of materials and effects. It is not capable of showing the glowing surface behind the transparent casing.

Differences between this SABRE engine and B9's SABRE engine?

The B9 SABRE engine is a plugin supported dual mode engine, basically a rocket and a jet in one.

This one is a rocket engine with an intake that converts oxygen into oxidizer. This means you can fly this on Eve with the ISP of the jet mode, with the minor cost of using some oxidizer.

Edited by 1096bimu

• 4 months later...
The LED lights are great, especially with narrow beam. Using it in addition with standart Illuminators.

Only one thing - they need good fastenings to add it to surfaces properly.

Thanx.

I don't have a problem attaching them to things... unless you're talking about the visual aspect alone, then yeah, sometimes they look like they're just sitting there hovering above the surface they're attached to. Doesn't really bother me though, they're so small that you have to get reeeeaaaally close to see that, lol. :)

unless you're talking about the visual aspect alone

Exactly ))

Yes, not a big problem. Big problem - is a lack of grilles for fragile attachment. When you can loose all of your lamps on Mun hills ))

Exactly ))

Yes, not a big problem. Big problem - is a lack of grilles for fragile attachment. When you can loose all of your lamps on Mun hills ))

Oh, tell me about it! They're always one of the first things to explode whenever I go ass over teakettle in a rover, lol. :D

I don't get the stupid necroing post judgements. If this wasn't necro'd I wouldn't have known about these fun parts.

I'm so glad that the other game forums I'm on don't have this stupid policy and attitude, and everyone is helpful, likes it tidy and likes adding onto discussions, ideas and revisions & reminding people & yes throwing in their support are time as passed.

Edited by Nostromo

• 2 years later...

Here's a finger in the eye of the NecroNazis:

Just thought I would post that the LED surface lights still seem to work fine in KSP 1.0.5... Hence, probably also every version from 0.20 to 1.0.4... ???

And I add, that these lights are STOOPID bright, and WIDE beam... :D

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.