what kind of parts would you guys want? (beyond 0.20)

Veshpa

I'd like to see that rover from the new video - that's way to awesome to just tease and never release! :(

Also I'd like to see a wider variety of landing gear for both planes and rockets, as well as some new lander parts and working science equipment. Oh, and IVAs for the aero capsules and Hitchiker container would be good too.

Horizontal Bigellow/space station style modules made more sense, because they can be used both in orbit and surface (just add legs and place them on ground).

Vertical inflatables could also made use, so decks will go around rigid core with ladder.

Problem with vertical modules (inflatables), would be deployment on surface (they must be placed/docked vertically what could cause instability).

IRL, you could dig deep holes and deploy vertical inflatables, then attach (on top of them) smaller junctions, inflatable corridors, airlocks, ports for other horizontal modules and finally cover them with layer of sand-bags and dirt for better radiation protection.

Edited by karolus10

More landing gears (I hate using the huge truss piece to extend them...)

Science parts (There's only 6 parts and only 4 work...)

Different adapters (maybe?)

More truss and structural parts.

More wings, fins and winglets (I hate making huge and unstable planes with wings that appear to be hanging on duct tape)

Things that just arn't feasible in a mod..

like giger counter with a radiation system for each planet.

rover parts that analyse rocks

Basically I'd love to build Curiosity send it to Duna and actually have it do science when it gets there instead of just drive.

What do you guys about 2.5m 6 side node part ? With their size it would not only support large docking ports but also be quite roomy inside :).

Speaking about docking... 2.5m docking port with medium ring inside (making it compatible with large and medium ports) could be quite handy.

A command pod with a better view of the ground with a view of the throttle. That would make for some great IVA landings. I presently have the cupola mounted on under my rocket. If I could just see my throttle.....

Size 3 RCS tank that is thinner than the 750 RCS tank. Something maybe half the size/weight/RCS.

Lights! - small lights for station beautification and rovers, in white, red, and green light variants

Size 3 SAS unit.

Rover bodies - medium and large.

Many have brought up the concept of inflatable modules for space stations and ground bases. I love this idea because it is currently being developed as an option for longer term Lunar and Mars missions. I saw horizontal ones on a TV show last night that have a hard shell and they push out and the middle of the module is made of a strong, airtight fiber section.

Karolus pointed out that space station modules would be useful for both applications and the ground ones would just need legs.

What if it was one part for both applications, with legs that extended like landing gear? you could keep them retracted on a space station and extend them on the planetary or moon surface for a base.

Different action groups for inflating the module and extending the landing gear?

Edited by air805ronin

Something not already made by modders?

• Something to actually add rotPower and linPower as a separate module, if the stock probe cores are not allowed to have it for some silly reason.
  • A 2.5m 6-node.
  • More structural parts of different lengths. Better yet, procedural structural parts so I wouldn't need to use three tiny cubes where one part would make more sense.
  • A part to smoothly join girders at angles other than 90 degrees.
  • Structural pipes.

There's quite a lot, come to think of it....

Some of these are possibly coming in the future or in mods but either way:

Nuclear Reactors, because attaching two dozen or more gigantor panels to power a ridiculous amount of ion engines is a bit hard not to mention probably heavier than a reactor.

Big ion engines, basically scaled up.

Fuel/power lines. This is the part of the KAS mod that I like the most, apart from the magnet/grappling hook.

More lights, especially omnidirectional lights, nav lights and strobe lights.

More space station/surface base parts.

Hinges.

Small wings and control surfaces for aerial probes. Also electric propellers in small and medium sizes.

Bigger tile solar panels you can place on wings, to reduce the part count on my electric planes.

Hot Air Balloons to make rockoons.

Actual threads, wheels are nice but threaded vehicles would be nicer. Also there are no tank steer medium-sized wheels.

Small radially-attached jet engines and ramjet intakes so I can place them on or under a wing without a huge nacelle.

Small and radially-attached drogue parachute variants.

Hybrid jet/rocket engine like the SABRE.

Heatshields and payload fairings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.