[0.22] Ion Hybrid Electric Pack 30.08.13 --- Soon FKSP!!! See Development Monitor

EPD

What do you want us to do next? Propositions for next release or Part Packs  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want us to do next? Propositions for next release or Part Packs

• More parts in Ion Hybrid Elec Pack. (solar panels,more engines,new technologies)
    • Standard parts (fuselage,tanks,luq enignes,chassis) in future design as Ion and Hybrid engines
    • Base/station parts, PODs, and other "structural" parts.

I assumed the parts worked, but I also assume they need an update with the change in ion engines. I forgot the TWR these hybrid and ions in the pack. How do they stack up with the 23.5 changes? in need of some balancing?

You can see all that in the parts information.

Which requires one to download the pack and read the configs. I don't think it's really all that much to ask that there be some sort of description beyond a short title and name in the first post. There are other mods and plugins guilty of this sure, Modular Fuel Tanks comes to mind, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Figuring out what a mod is and does shouldn't required downloading or even going so far as installing the mod. :huh:

Edited by phoenix_ca

I assumed the parts worked, but I also assume they need an update with the change in ion engines. I forgot the TWR these hybrid and ions in the pack. How do they stack up with the 23.5 changes? in need of some balancing?

I have a feeling that the hybrids are primarily balanced off the LV-N's, so they shouldn't really be changed. The non-hybrid ions could use a buff, but I'm not sure by how much.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few parts he is working on that he has shown (back in October) and he has posted a few times since then saying he is still around and working on it but he doesn't check here too often. All the parts still work that are currently out but you have to put them in a tech tree yourself, since there are no plugins the parts should always work unless the parts system is changed. If he doesn't respond by the 30th I will reupload it (possibly with tech tree implementations if I'm allowed).

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a fix for this floating around? I went through the process of adding science nodes and engine tweakables to all these parts but ended up deleting the mod. If I wanted to give this another shot is there a downloadable fix available?

Oh my God, EPD, WHY U DO DIS

If you'd agree with me, then I'll be free and I could just close this tab. Now I have to still refresh it every day for next 3 months.

Edited by Lewar

I follow the move here to say it would be a shame to gave up so close to the finish line, these parts looks very good and need just a bit more tweaking/polishing.

And perhaps less power for some "real world" technology engines, for the great fans of ":mad: it's cheating it's OP".

Yes I am back, i never left for good my mod. Just was, and still am busy with other stuff. But fortunate i was working secretly and in quiet on some parts...

Right now I know couple of things:

1. Kerbal Space Port is going down, so I know I have to and I will upload new release on Curse

2. I am a little bit behind with some cool stuff, like Exhaust FX ( yes I am working on that), and Tech-tree, so I know that soon I will ask for like 2-3 guys who will test my new stuff, and help me with balancing and implementing them on tech tree since i lost feeling of game, and they would know better in that case

3. I know that you think right now, that i created like 100 parts, but unfortunatly no... However I will try to focus more on standard parts to just fill up my mod, like solar panels, batteries. Working on Vtol engines takes ages, other parts are just model and texture, bam-ready.

4. I know that if i rly focus, maybe i will release all around 2nd 3rd July.

5. Final thing... I know that my mod had too long name. Ion Hybrid Electric Pack. Jesus. But yes, HAD. From now, please welcome:

Future Kerbal Space Program, Future KSP, or even shorter

F-KSP

FKSP1000_zps72a29c79.jpg

Since inside of mod, there are only futuristic looking parts, why not Future KSP :D What do you think?

Edited by EPD

IHEP was not a so long name ! And you know, IMHO it's better to have 2 parts made with passion and love (kind of good handcrafting thing) than 100 parts half made, with poor settings, bad description or no description at all, bad textures, and almost not tested.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.