[0.22] Ion Hybrid Electric Pack 30.08.13 --- Soon FKSP!!! See Development Monitor

EPD

What do you want us to do next? Propositions for next release or Part Packs  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want us to do next? Propositions for next release or Part Packs

• More parts in Ion Hybrid Elec Pack. (solar panels,more engines,new technologies)
    • Standard parts (fuselage,tanks,luq enignes,chassis) in future design as Ion and Hybrid engines
    • Base/station parts, PODs, and other "structural" parts.

I've one question regarding the hybrid engines: have you considered to make them like rapier/sabre engines? I experimented with them a little bit, and the results were quite satisfying (at least for me :))

And: YAY, you are back :D

I've been playing with your pack for a while now, you're models are just amazing! And (like others) I barely can await new stuff (especially those VTOLs)!

Ok guys, main post changed, I added Development Monitor, so you can track my actual progress, or non of it... ^^ Cargo parts you saw earlier, but to remind you:

xxhz.jpg

Those are two parts, long one, and short (endings) so you would be able to customize your design as you want.

Tomorrow more pics, will show you something rly cool ^^

back to work...

I've one question regarding the hybrid engines: have you considered to make them like rapier/sabre engines? I experimented with them a little bit, and the results were quite satisfying (at least for me :))

And: YAY, you are back :D

I've been playing with your pack for a while now, you're models are just amazing! And (like others) I barely can await new stuff (especially those VTOLs)!

That's a great idea. IMO, they should be able to change modes between a high-efficiency (410 vac Isp?) LFO engine and a high power draw, high performance ion engine. It should then use a lot of power, but also have relatively good thrust.

Checked out the updates to the first post and O_O Solar panels and Solar Wings. I think i might of just had a brain aneurism from all the excitement. VTOL engines, awesome cargo struts, and now Solar panels? Your killing me EPD, your killing me.

Ok i promised you a screenshot. So... those are Solar Wings i've been working on recently. Textures are 70-80% done, so still there will be improvements in that. But anyway Solar Wings will make your designs look awesome. Wings with a small ability to gather up energy like solar panels :) What do you think?

9LBzXzn.jpg

Ok i promised you a screenshot. So... those are Solar Wings i've been working on recently. Textures are 70-80% done, so still there will be improvements in that. But anyway Solar Wings will make your designs look awesome. Wings with a small ability to gather up energy like solar panels :) What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/9LBzXzn.jpg

All I can say is holy crap! Now that is real snazzy!

Still haven't decide about size of those Solar Wings, and as i have ready template, maybe i will create one more shape... IF you guys will want it. After those wings, Batteries and hard part - Engines. But i can make it :D

• 2 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/9LBzXzn.jpg

Wow! I thought "solar wings" would just be really big solar panels! This is awesome!

Still haven't decide about size of those Solar Wings, and as i have ready template, maybe i will create one more shape... IF you guys will want it. After those wings, Batteries and hard part - Engines. But i can make it :D

Might I suggest you make a few shaped wings, and make them compatible with TweakScale so that we can make parts that fit the craft, as opposed to the other way around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.