[0.22] Ion Hybrid Electric Pack 30.08.13 --- Soon FKSP!!! See Development Monitor

EPD

What do you want us to do next? Propositions for next release or Part Packs  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want us to do next? Propositions for next release or Part Packs

• More parts in Ion Hybrid Elec Pack. (solar panels,more engines,new technologies)
    • Standard parts (fuselage,tanks,luq enignes,chassis) in future design as Ion and Hybrid engines
    • Base/station parts, PODs, and other "structural" parts.

• 1 month later...
Uh... There's a big red word "Download" and right under that a link to the file on dropbox.

He said install, not download...

Ive looked and looked and cant find out how to install this it should be right under the donwload link but it isnt

wait does this even work with the newest version?

Once you have the zip downloaded you just put the IonHybElec_Pack folder from the zip file into KSP's GameData Folder.

He said install, not download...

Once you have the zip downloaded you just put the IonHybElec_Pack folder from the zip file into KSP's GameData Folder.

He used the word install, but was asking about downloading (or both): "it should be right under the donwload link but it isnt."

• 3 weeks later...

Are we ever going to get anything EPD? The main thread is super outdated and missing images, Its been over a year and a half since you posted about the new parts and still have nothing out. Don't wanna seem pushy or anything but we have been waiting for these new parts since 2013 and its a super letdown. Can we get an update on the progress or is it time we look for a replacement?

• 2 weeks later...

It works in 0.90 (tested quickly in career mode) if you manually add a techtree hook in the part config files. Just add "TechRequired = ionPropulsion" to the cfg (if you don´t know where, put it directly above the "cost = xxx" line) and optionally, while you´re at it anyway, change the engines category to read "category = Engine" instead of "utility", for fuel tanks "category = FuelTank" - otherwise you will find all parts in the utility section in the VAB/SPH :D

I have put together a ModuleManager Patch that does this, but I am not sure if I could share that here without violating the mod authors license for this.

Edited by DaniDE

Short license:

You can use mod and change it for your own and only your own purpose.

You can't share it or release it.

If you think your changes are good enough to release them - contact dev, me, maybe i will implement changes.

The issue with MM is that it changes the original files by adding them to tech trees.

EPD was working on adding one to the original download but never got around to it. Personally I don't see a problem cause most likely no one will come at you for it, BUT from a legal standpoint it is not allowed. So I wouldn't do it.

ive seen it numerous times on these forums MM patchs are fair game MM patchs are patchs for module manager witch is a mod that changes how the game handles mods so its the game that we are changing the acutual property of EPD stays the same through out the process so is not altered is how i have always seen it though i could be totaly wrong

ive seen it numerous times on these forums MM patchs are fair game MM patchs are patchs for module manager witch is a mod that changes how the game handles mods so its the game that we are changing the acutual property of EPD stays the same through out the process so is not altered is how i have always seen it though i could be totaly wrong

BrutalRIP is correct, MM files are fine to share, this has been confirmed many times. =) They are your work, and they do not change the original mod in any form.

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Yes an mm file is 100% fine. However judging from the lack of update I would call into question the full legal binding the license has in the first place. I know things like copyrights expire if not renuid after X number of years. Seeing as EPD seems to have abandoned the build I think its time for someone contact him and ask if he's ever intending to finish this mod/update or if its become fair game for anyone with modding skills to pick it up and create things themselves.

The issue with MM is that it changes the original files by adding them to tech trees.

EPD was working on adding one to the original download but never got around to it. Personally I don't see a problem cause most likely no one will come at you for it, BUT from a legal standpoint it is not allowed. So I wouldn't do it.

I'm not sure where yo got that from your legal education but from my law school courses indicate contra, independent MM files are well within the express licensing of all mods which are permitted.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I contacted EPD back a couple months ago and got permission to use the mod pack in a new mod I'm working on. He said he was done with so I'm picking it up for a reimagining! It uses all the original parts, but rebuilds them from ion hybrid engines into virtual particle drives. The latest version is available download here: [removed link to defunct website]It's under my alternate username of Railgun88. Hope everyone likes the new ideas! BTW, if anyone wants a classic version of this mod for the latest version of KSP, here it is!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.