[0.22] Ion Hybrid Electric Pack 30.08.13 --- Soon FKSP!!! See Development Monitor

EPD

What do you want us to do next? Propositions for next release or Part Packs  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want us to do next? Propositions for next release or Part Packs

• More parts in Ion Hybrid Elec Pack. (solar panels,more engines,new technologies)
    • Standard parts (fuselage,tanks,luq enignes,chassis) in future design as Ion and Hybrid engines
    • Base/station parts, PODs, and other "structural" parts.

Love this mod. The engines are exactly what I have been looking to add to my space program.

My questions is about the VTOL X-1 engines you did the video on. Are we going to see those added to the pack?

Great job so far and I hope you can keep up the excellent work.

The Thrust is 250 and space ISP is 0 - 900. I don't remember atmospheric ISP off the top of my head and I'm at work so i can't check. They are a little more or a little less efficient compared to the Nuclear Engine, don't remember which but its close to it. You can download the parts and look at the .cfg file for it to double check before you add them. It should be the HF-2500. Its a Hybrid engine (uses Electric, Fuel/Oxidizer, and Xenon).

Still working on it.

In release im preparing you will get those Vtol engines, another Vtol engines, but smaller without legs, cargo structs, and something extra that i was creating for a long time. Technicaly it is easy, however making that part beautiful is just pain in the ass ;D

But no worries! I didn't abandoned you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any way you can change the names of your parts to NOT include spaces. When trying to run something like Module Manager against your parts you have to manually change your part names in their config files first...either remove the spaces or replace them with underscores etc.

Thanks

I had problems with stuff just falling off and separating when the ship was still on the launch pad, as if they were put on with wet paper towels or something lol. I just added "breakingForce = 200" to the config on the engines that did it and that fixed it. You might have to place them in a tech tree too, idk if EPD updated the download to include those or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried these parts and what I saw is a lack of polishing (descriptions missing, weird resources consumption, all things are in "utility" category) but no falling apart parts, I might not have tried hard enough.

Too bad, making so nice looking parts but let the job unfinished a little bit too early is very sad. Hope you'll complete it EPD.

A few people have mentioned it previously and haven't noticed if they found a solution... most of the engines and the batteries/generators and xenon canisters do not correctly attach (or stack) to the rest of rocket/spaceplane, and usually fall off or cause catastrophic failure blowing up the entire vehicle. The small xenon canister that attaches to exterior just falls off instantly. Is there a parameter in the part config I can change to correct this issue?

Kind Regards,

Jakeo

A few people have mentioned it previously and haven't noticed if they found a solution... most of the engines and the batteries/generators and xenon canisters do not correctly attach (or stack) to the rest of rocket/spaceplane, and usually fall off or cause catastrophic failure blowing up the entire vehicle. The small xenon canister that attaches to exterior just falls off instantly. Is there a parameter in the part config I can change to correct this issue?

Kind Regards,

Jakeo

Answered that on the previous page, and like 3 pages before that lol

Add "breakingForce = 200" and for safe measure "breakingTorque = 200" to the standard parameters section (where mass and max/min drag are, no quotes).

Yes, but it's unrelated to this mod; MJ also won't currently display the delta-V for a probe with an ion engine using entirely stock parts.

Okay, so it's not just me. Odd thing, I'd swear display for delta-V *was* working when 0.23.5 first released, then stopped working after one of the hotfixes that followed.

I'm just taking a stab here, but I wonder if it's related to the new feature of "monopropellant and xenon gas containers on earlier stages are now drained before containers on later stage"?

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.