[0.20] ModuleManager 1.3 - for all your stock-modding needs

ialdabaoth

Any fix yet?

Since ModuleManager seems to enumerate through the folders in GameData alphabetically, I simply created a folder there named "Z" and moved the Sabre engines into that. It'll still throw that error, but everything before Z will have already been loaded. This seems to work.

Since ModuleManager seems to enumerate through the folders in GameData alphabetically, I simply created a folder there named "Z" and moved the Sabre engines into that. It'll still throw that error, but everything before Z will have already been loaded. This seems to work.

The module edits works, but the sabre engines doesn't seem to work when I do this

its either the modulemanager plugin or the ExsurgentEngineering plugin that works

EDIT: I just removed module manager, took me couple of minutes to edit the parts manually, Only a few parts use modulemanager anyway so I did it.

No offense intended, just my own opinion, but removing modulemanager and adding the codes on my own actually made things easier. Saved me alot of time from restarting the whole game, because I can just reload all assets (modulemanager don't work when you reload) to test things, I also realized it will even take me longer to check the names, and then add them all in a modulemanager cfg, than editing the parts themselves one by one. especially if you have custom parts.

This is only useful for plugin creators if they want to distribute their work and be compatible with each other without hassle, PROVIDED that the only use stock parts.

but many of us players use not only plugins + stock parts, but also use custom parts as well. and this doesn't work well If you have lots of custom parts installed. (e.g. Installing Ioncross Plugin + Remotetech works well if you only use stock parts, But soon as you install more packs like B9, Novapunch, Lack Luster, using modulemanager actually becomes more tedious than editing each part manually). Wildcarding will solve this.

Maybe in the future when you implement wildcards, if there will be, It will be useful on the user-end

Edited by lyndonguitar

"im not getting paid enough for that" seems like a perfectly valid response to me. unfortunately, that kinds limits the usefulness of this from the user end. if i need to list each part i want to change, i'm not saving much, if any, time/effort over just going to each part and doing the change myself. Still incredibly useful from the modder end, though.

Where I see the advantage is when a mod is updated, I don't have to go back and reapply all the edits I have made. Sure it is more effort than changing the original cfg, but if you keep having to reapply edits this beats it hands down.

oh, yeah, for sure. I guess I was being a little harsh in my disappointment. Of course, what I really want to know, now, is whether the ExsurgentEngineering conflict has been resolved. Or, at least, what the progress is on that front. I read in the b9 thread that possibly ialdabaoth was working on it, but I don't know if that's the case. I hope someone's working on it, at least!

It seems that ModuleManager hides dry mass in the info window (VAB). I checked my configs for anything that could be doing this, but I'm not sure. No fuel tanks are modified, at least. Here's the list of ModuleManager configs I use:

$ find . -name '*.cfg' -exec grep -l '@PART' {} \;
./FerramAerospaceResearch/FerramAerospaceResearch.cfg
./RBR/chatterer-part-patch.cfg
./IoncrossCrewSupport/ModuleManager_Squad.cfg
./RemoteTech/RemoteTech.cfg

Here's a side by side comparison of the screenshots. On the left I loaded up the game without ModuleManager. On the right, I put it back in:

GFfiN5L.png

I suppose this could be a side effect of some other mods plus ModuleManager. But I'm not yet sure which mod that would be. I do not have B9 because I know that conflicts with ModuleManager. I use Ferram's Aerospace Research, KerbalLiveFeed, Chatterer, subAssembly, IoncrossCrewSupport, Kethane, RemoteTech, KerbalEngineeringRedux, and KerbalAlarmClock.

Just a curiosity, how about the ability to "copy" a part... something like:

PART[StationHubLarge] {
@name = StationHubLargeNew
@rescaleFactor = 2
@breakingForce = 630
@breakingTorque = 630
@mass = 3
@title = Rockomax HubMax Multi-Point Connector Mk2
@description = Like the original, only larger.
}

It would be awesome for those of us who love to resize parts ;)

So KAS has Grab and Attach functionality which can be applied to stock parts, allowing Kerbals on EVA to pick up, move and reattach them. (Think repairing/replacing busted solar panels, batteries, wheels, etc.)

In order to do this with stock parts they have to be edited, naturally this is where MM comes in handy. Except it doesn't work, at all, whatsoever. Has anybody tried and succeeded to get this working, or have any clue where I should start fiddling to fix it?

Update for those using B9 Aerospace or any other mod with the Exsurgent Engineering plugin:

Here is fixed version of that dll. I have careo's permission to redistribute.

This version of the dll also fixes a bug with SABRE engines where DrawGauge=true either gets ignored, or causes multiple gauges (some of which don't work).

I have a question: can I modufy paremeters like node_stack_top with help of ModuleManager?

I've tryed this:

@PART[PC_InflateHeatshieldXL]
{
@node_stack_top = 0, 1.5 ,0 ,0 ,1 ,0 , 3
@maxTemp = 10000
MODULE
{
name = ModuleHeatShield
direction = 0, -1, 0 // bottom of shield
reflective = 0.25 // 25% of heat is ignored at correct angle
}
}

MaxTemp was applied properly, heatshied modile also was added correctly. But no changes on node_stact_top position... Where am I wrong?

Edited by ZobrAA

this is confusing the hell out me. can u make a step by step guide thats understandable on how to install this. beyond putting the .dll for the modmanger i dont know what to do with the rest of the stuff.

I realize I asked this in the wrong thread.

is there a way to have ModuleManager allow me to add the IonCross air intake to every part that has the air intake module already? without going part by part?

:( Ah, yes, wildcards. The bane of my existence.

No, there really isn't a way for me to do that right now. I haven't added wildcard support because I'm really not sure what the 'right' way to do it is, and I'm a little afraid of locking the community into a poor implementation.

If you do, please do support regular expressions. It's a good solution to the problem of pattern matching, and enables you to give very specific and robust instructions on exactly what you want matched. The existence of many mature and debugged libraries would help I should think... although I'm not familiar with what libraries are usable with Unity.

So KAS has Grab and Attach functionality which can be applied to stock parts, allowing Kerbals on EVA to pick up, move and reattach them. (Think repairing/replacing busted solar panels, batteries, wheels, etc.)

In order to do this with stock parts they have to be edited, naturally this is where MM comes in handy. Except it doesn't work, at all, whatsoever. Has anybody tried and succeeded to get this working, or have any clue where I should start fiddling to fix it?

It would be great if this worked. I'm pretty uncomfortable hard-editing all of Squad's parts.

New Version!

Current Version: 1.2 (2013-06-15 12:30 UTC)

Plugin Authors, Get the ModuleManager DLL here.

NOTE: As of 1.2, the ModuleManager now periodically inspects the GameDatabase to see if it's loading. This means two things:

1. Patches get applied during the loading screen instead of during the main screen, which will reduce loading lag and - more importantly - gets rid of bugs like what happened with ExsurgentEngineering. From now on, KSP is handling everything the way it should be; ModuleManager merely adjusts the cfg files before KSP loads them instead of ModuleManager trying to re-load them itself.

2. Theoretically, when you reload the GameDatabase from the debug menu, ModuleManager should notice and automatically re-apply all patches. This should help mod authors who spend a lot of time tweaking and testing cfg's.

So, at this point, unless I decide to implement wildcards/regular expressions (which is unlikely, but much easier to do now that I've redone the loading algorithm), I think I'm going to call ModuleManager "final".

Okay, installing the latest version causes all of my parts to disappear. :( Reverting to the previous version brings them back.

EDIT: Moar testing...

Reinstalling version 1.2 caused all my parts to disappear. Removing my customize.cfg made them reappear. Adding one with a single modification (included below) made them all disappear again.

@PART[cupola]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

Debug console shows the part compiler failing on each and every part, complaining that 'name' is not defined.

Edited by Gaius

Okay, installing the latest version causes all of my parts to disappear. :( Reverting to the previous version brings them back.

I confirm that - all parts disappears with v1.2. Backing up to v1.1 untill fixed.

Update: everyone having this problem, please search your entire KSP directory (including /GameData and /Plugins) and see if there is another version of ModuleManager.dll hiding somewhere. Delete ALL versions of ModuleManager.dll, then download 1.2 and install it, then (if it still happens) please paste your debug log.

ialdabaoth, I have one more important question. Can you make so that the plugin will also change the properties of the snap points using the @node_stack_top and such?

I need this to fix some known bugs of snap points coordinates that lead to this:

5xQkyed.png

Update: everyone having this problem, please search your entire KSP directory (including /GameData and /Plugins) and see if there is another version of ModuleManager.dll hiding somewhere. Delete ALL versions of ModuleManager.dll, then download 1.2 and install it, then (if it still happens) please paste your debug log.

Oh, not all parts are disappear, only stock ones:

BS287s1.jpgIF4600i.jpgZZxHZtZ.jpg

As of 1.2, it should totally do this. As of 1.2 you can change literally ANYTHING about a configNode and it will apply it.

(note: warranty void on Kerbin)

Realy? Cool, thx! ^_^

Oh, I forgot to mention in previous post, there is no hiden copy of ModuleManager.dll

Edited by ZobrAA

Oh, not all parts are disappear, only stock ones:

BS287s1.jpgIF4600i.jpgZZxHZtZ.jpg

For me, it's definitely all parts, both stock and addon (and my addon parts outnumber the stock parts normally). My debug log looks pretty much like pictured above, except every part, not just the stock ones, follow that pattern:

[Log] PartLoader: Compiling <whatever>

[Error] PartCompiler: Part config requires value 'name' is defined

[Error] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

<...over and over and over...>

And definitely just the one ModuleManager.dll:

<skyhook> ~/Software % find KSP_win -iname modulemanager.dll
KSP_win/GameData/ModuleManager.dll

Edited by Gaius