[0.20] ModuleManager 1.3 - for all your stock-modding needs

ialdabaoth

Ok, dll updated; please re-download and try again? (note: if you have DeadlyReentry or ModularFuelTanks, make sure to re-download those as well)

Link on the 1st page leads to the same ModuleManager.dll v1.0.4914.41184... as result stock parts faled to load again...

In this test game build a have CrewManifest, DeadlyReentry, Engineer, ExsurgentEngineering, FerramAerospaceResearch, RemoteTech and SubassemblyLoader if it matters...

Edited by ZobrAA

Okay, I removed EVERYTHING from GameData except the Squad folder, ModuleManager.dll, and the following test file, called customize.cfg:

@PART[probeCoreCube]:Final
{
@rotPower = 0.0
@linPower = 0.0
}

Also went through the legacy plugin folders and made sure there were no plugins there, either. This should be a complete stock version of KSP now, nothing added except ModuleManager.dll.

Still doesn't work, although instead of ALL the parts disappearing, only most of them disappear. Saved the log to here...

Looking at this log... it probably comes as no surprise, but -- the parts that don't disappear are the ones that load before [LOG 02:37:19.035]. The ones that disappear are everything that tries to load after that. Something is being clobbered during that change that makes the loading of every subsequent part fail...

Edited by Gaius

I updated to DeadlyReentry2.2d.zip (This update replaced my ModuleManager.dll from June 7th to June 16th) and most of my parts no longer loaded (or at least no longer showed up). I took out DeadlyReentry2.2d, reloaded, same parts still missing. I figured it might have been an incompatibility with the new ModuleManager.dll and some old configs I was using with participating plugins...

I found a duplicate config for Ferram's Aerospace and removed some source code for ExsurgentEngineer which did not need to be in my GameData directories. Things are working now with the old and the new version of ModuleManager.dll, but I'm not certain if that did the trick.

Question: Does ModuleManager.dll leave any changes in persistent.sfs or are part-attributes applied to every part when a craft is loaded into a scene?

BTW, I'm still getting lots of these warnings, not sure what to make of them.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Body/2m-RCS/B9_Aero_HL_Body_RCS_2m'
PartLoader Warning: Variable @modified not found in Part
PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Body/2m-Structure/B9_Aero_HL_Body_Structure_2m'
PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Body/6m-Structure/B9_Aero_HL_Body_Structure_6m'

I can confirm that ModuleManager is currently kinda borked. Like others, I did a totally fresh install of 0.20.2, then installed ModuleManager.dll into GameData, following the link on the first page of this thread. Doing just that, the game opened up and seemed to run fine. But then I created a config file called ModuleManager.cfg in GameData containing just this:

@PART[fuelTank2-2]
{
@title = TESTING
}

The idea, obviously, would be just to change the display name of a single part in order to confirm that ModuleManager was working. The result: All the parts on the propulsion tab of the VAB GUI disappeared completely.

When I replaced ModuleManager.dll with the copy from the DeadlyReentry2.2c ZIP archive which I'd, um, archived, everything worked again. The parts in the propulsion tab were back, and the display name of that one part had been changed to "TESTING."

sorry to say its not fixed. after using the 1.3 it started crashing due to incompatiblity with other mods. procedural dynamics and subassemblyloader are 2 of them. was crashing to fast for me to see what others there where

the only modulemanager .dll u have up is the one for moders to use and its only 7kb where the version before was 12.5kb maybe thats why its conflicting with other .dll

the file version of the one u have uploaded now is 1.0.4915.40726

Edited by sidfu

sorry to say its not fixed. after using the 1.3 it started crashing due to incompatiblity with other mods. procedural dynamics and subassemblyloader are 2 of them. was crashing to fast for me to see what others there where

Can you describe what happens?

game crashes while in the loading part for mods. so far at procedural dynamics and sub assembly loader it would crash. removed them and it went ahead. past those 2 the load text was to fast to catch which one it was crashing on.

on the crash report for with subassembly loader installed both where same error. access violation 0xc0000005. write to 76616820 access viloation. looking now to see what else is wrong. will post info

so far all 3 crashes that genrated a lot have been the same as above. right now in process of loading and going thru and removing the mods that its crashing/freezing at.

after hittign 8th mod where it crash/freeze is enough i guess. all 5 crashes that made a log are the same message. the one thing all the mods it freeze/crash on is that it would do it on the mods .dll folder or file.

the older 1.0.4894.22141 didnt do this

Edited by sidfu
new info

game crashes while in the loading part for mods. so far at procedural dynamics and sub assembly loader it would crash. removed them and it went ahead. past those 2 the load text was to fast to catch which one it was crashing on.

on the crash report for with subassembly loader installed both where same error. access violation 0xc0000005. write to 76616820 access viloation. looking now to see what else is wrong. will post info

I have many mods installed:

EditorTools v0.1.2

subassemblyLoader for 0.20.2-v1.2

Simple Part Organizer v0.250

Haystack v0.0.2.0

Kerbal Alarm Clock v2.1.2.0

Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.5.4.0

Actions on the fly 1.1

G_LockFlight

Romfarer Docking Camera v28b

Toggle-capable ASAS

TAC Fuel Balancer v1.1.1

Refuel Assistant System v0.4

MechJeb2-2.0.8.0

Kerbal Engineer Redux v0.6.0.3

Maneuver Node Improvement v1.1

HyperEdit v1.2.1

RemoteTech v0.5.0.1

Ferram Aerospace Research v0.9.5.1

DeadlyReentry2.2d

Procedural Wing v0.4

KW Rocketry v2.4

B9 Aerospace Pack R3.2

Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod v0.2.2

KAS – Kerbal Attachment System v0.3.1

RLA Stockalike v0.5.3

Aviation Lights v3.2

Large Structural Components

Quantum Strut v2.0.3

Romfarer Robotic Arms Pack v28

Kosmos Space Station Parts Pack R4.32

FusTek Station Parts v2

Kethane-0.5.1

Flush Heat Shield

Planetes Corporation - Heatshields v2

Lack Luster Labs v0.09.9

FASA Gemini and Mercury Pack v1.4

FASA Asteroids v1.12

Chatterer v.0.4.1

RollKageMk1

All-In-1 Sensor

Infernal Robotics DRobotics (0.20.2)

Caterpillar Tracks

um3kCorp_SpaceShim v1.0

CP Airbag System

Spherical Fuel Tanks v1.6

and game runs just fine ...for now :)

Edited by ZobrAA

well ima try a fresh reinstall of mods. also changed the sub assembly to a differnt patch since there is actualy 4 compatibliy for .20 patches.

we use a bit of the same mods. ill probaly figure it out whats causing it eventualy i always do lol.

no luck getting to work.

heres what i did i removed all mods everything then restored teh game to fresh install(gotta love steam verify integrity) then i put the lone modmanager.dll in game data folder and guess what happen? game crashed even before it showed the load screen.

here is upper part of the crash log

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.1.2f1_911c7369eeac]

SHELL32.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module SHELL32.dll at 0023:76616820.

Error occurred at 2013-06-17_052420.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by .

24% memory in use.

0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].

0 MB paging file [0 MB free].

0 MB user address space [3601 MB free].

Write to location 76616820 caused an access violation.

Context:

EDI: 0x03278d28 ESI: 0x048643d0 EAX: 0x76616820

EBX: 0x03278c00 ECX: 0x03535860 EDX: 0x00000001

EIP: 0x76616820 EBP: 0x002df7c4 SegCs: 0x00000023

EFlags: 0x00210202 ESP: 0x002df7b8 SegSs: 0x0000002b

ok with the old one couldnt load the game with no mods installed teh new one can load up game with no mods testing now with mods

Edited by sidfu
new info

with the new one got game to run with mods finaly. on the double adding of stuff i had that before also all it was for me i had more than 1 cfg adding those to them

ZobrAA: Make sure to download the new version of DeadlyReentry and ModularFuelTanks too, if you have them. It looks like another mod is expecting an earlier version of MM.

I have latest DeadlyReentry2.2d and no ModularFuelTanks, but now there are alot of mods using MM functionality... Is there any way to find out which of them cause on that dublicated pop-up lines?

I have latest DeadlyReentry2.2d and no ModularFuelTanks, but now there are alot of mods using MM functionality... Is there any way to find out which of them cause on that dublicated pop-up lines?

AHA! It's Deadly Reentry. Just updated to 2.2e; this should fix it.

Edited by ialdabaoth

ialdabaoth - I have just recently gotten into KSP. For compatibility with your module manager, do all mods have to reference the same version # of your .dll file? These last few comments seem to suggest that but I want to make sure before I potentially go installing incompatible mods. Thanks for the Deadly Reentry heads up as well!

Another question, somewhat off topic, has anyone here thought about incorporating Nexus Mod Manager? I've been a huge fan of it for Bethesda related games and it would be a hell of a lot easier browsing their mod pages than the space port. The mod systems for both game developers are actually quite similar so I wouldn't imagine much difficulty switching over. Just a thought. Thanks in advanced!

ialdabaoth - I have just recently gotten into KSP. For compatibility with your module manager, do all mods have to reference the same version # of your .dll file? These last few comments seem to suggest that but I want to make sure before I potentially go installing incompatible mods. Thanks for the Deadly Reentry heads up as well!

Not in general, no. Except for VERY rare exceptions (like DRE2.1, because I derped), the latest version of ModuleManager should always work for any mods that use it. All ModuleManager does is manage cfg file changes for you; at one time I experimented with making it do more, and had DRE use some of that, but I have since seen the error of my ways.

Another question, somewhat off topic, has anyone here thought about incorporating Nexus Mod Manager? I've been a huge fan of it for Bethesda related games and it would be a hell of a lot easier browsing their mod pages than the space port. The mod systems for both game developers are actually quite similar so I wouldn't imagine much difficulty switching over. Just a thought. Thanks in advanced!

Not sure if this is the right thread for that. ;)

AHA! It's Deadly Reentry. Just updated to 2.2e; this should fix it.

All seems to work well, but on 'reload all' from debug menu there are some yellow and sometimes red lines flickers through the log... It's a pity that we cannot actually read that info :|

All seems to work well, but on 'reload all' from debug menu there are some yellow and sometimes red lines flickers through the log... It's a pity that we cannot actually read that info :|

yeah, I don't think 'Reload All' is going to be particularly kind to the current version of ModuleManager :(

Hi, i was trying to tweak the size of the Photoncap_Medium part from DRAkTEC Solar Sails mod to a 2.5 m size, so i made a .cfg :

@PART[Photoncap_Medium]
{
scale = 1.328
rescaleFactor = 1.66
}

The changes to the rescale factor worked but changing the value on scale does nothing ( i didn't use @scale = cause the original .cfg didnt had this parameter)

and if i change the scale parameter for

@node_stack_top = 0, 1.830123, 0, 0, 1, 0
@node_stack_bottom = 0, -1.8301226, 0, 0, 1, 0

to try to change the nodes placements directly it doesn't do anything either

i'm doing something wrong??

Hi, i was trying to tweak the size of the Photoncap_Medium part from DRAkTEC Solar Sails mod to a 2.5 m size, so i made a .cfg :

@PART[Photoncap_Medium]
{
scale = 1.328
rescaleFactor = 1.66
}

Photoncap_Medium part definition probably already contains scale and rescaleFactor parameters. Your config file says to add them, however. I'm not sure how the structure is stored in memory, but apparently Module Manager adds new copies of these parameters without removing the ones already there in such a case. Use @scale and @rescaleFactor instead and it should work.

All ModuleManager does is manage cfg file changes for you; at one time I experimented with making it do more, and had DRE use some of that, but I have since seen the error of my ways.

There's one thing ModuleManager doesn't do when it probably should: It can't create a part definition derived from an existing part, or if it can, this is never clearly documented.

I.e. I can't create a stock part rescale while keeping the original stock part without actually duplicating the part.cfg of that part, and keeping it inside the stock directories.

Wouldn't it be so very nice if you could do stuff like

@PARTDERIVED[strutCube]
{
@name = strutCubeLarge
@rescaleFactor = 2
}

Is something of the sort even possible?