[0.20] ModuleManager 1.3 - for all your stock-modding needs

ialdabaoth

so here is a copy of my MM.cfg where did i go wrong?

@PART[roverWheel1]

{

// this is my first MM .cfg, file hope this works

@MODULE[ModuleWheel]

{

@braketorgue = 300

@impacttolerance = 2000

@overspeeddamage = 600

@part[GooExperiment]

// dam thing is to big

// there is no MODULE for this part i wanted to change

@ rescaleFactor = .5

}

}

How would I write a code piece for MJ to be integrated in all pods??

Assuming you have ModuleManager installed (as well as sarbian's MM wildcard extension), save the following as Add_MechJeb.cfg in your GameData folder:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]
{
//enables MechJeb on all pods and probes//
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

Ok this may have been touched on already but if so then point me to it , and if not then .... Can Module Manager be uses to Affect *.SFS files (Yes the Save files)

I'm asking because if you want to transmit Science data back to kerbin in sandbox mode your stander response is "R&D is closed". the difference is a SCENARIO line that is not present in the Sandbox mode... if copied from a Career mode it will put you into a Career mode setup .. letting you transmit back and test your cool designs all at once .. BUT it also only gives you the Base tech you start with in career mode... so can I uses MM to "Patch" Sandbox saves to have the full tech tree and still keep R&D open in sandbox mode? (I can and Have done this the slow manual way by adding science points to the save (Sandbox mode only) and spent them till I had the whole tech tree opened in Sandbox / R&D mode) - So in short can I use MM to affect more then just .CFG files? Thanks

{{oh and for those of you who read this and wanted R&D open in Sandbox - be aware that all parts have to have a Techrequired Line in there .Cfg file to show up and be used!!! (not so with the Clean Sandbox) - this appears to be the biggest difference between .21 and .22}}

Ok this may have been touched on already but if so then point me to it , and if not then .... Can Module Manager be uses to Affect *.SFS files (Yes the Save files)

I'm asking because if you want to transmit Science data back to kerbin in sandbox mode your stander response is "R&D is closed". the difference is a SCENARIO line that is not present in the Sandbox mode... if copied from a Career mode it will put you into a Career mode setup .. letting you transmit back and test your cool designs all at once .. BUT it also only gives you the Base tech you start with in career mode... so can I uses MM to "Patch" Sandbox saves to have the full tech tree and still keep R&D open in sandbox mode? (I can and Have done this the slow manual way by adding science points to the save (Sandbox mode only) and spent them till I had the whole tech tree opened in Sandbox / R&D mode) - So in short can I use MM to affect more then just .CFG files? Thanks

{{oh and for those of you who read this and wanted R&D open in Sandbox - be aware that all parts have to have a Techrequired Line in there .Cfg file to show up and be used!!! (not so with the Clean Sandbox) - this appears to be the biggest difference between .21 and .22}}

ModuleManager doesn't actually do anything to individual files. It makes changes to the configuration nodes after they've been loaded into memory. It is by no means file aware.

All that happens when the game loads and before you reach the main menu. Even if there is a node that is loaded from the save file that could theoretically be altered by ModuleManager, it will be loaded well after ModuleManager has actually processed the nodes during game startup so by that time it would already be too late. So not only is it unable to affect save files on an individual basis but it's already done all of its work well before those save files will ever be loaded.

The only thing that I see you being able to accomplish is using it to force all parts to show up as though already researched and that would happen globally for all saves.

On another note, I'm not even sure I see the point in doing this because Science is only meaningful for researching parts. If you already have all the parts there's no point in doing the science. I have to assume that is why it's locked in sandbox mode to begin with.

Darn, I'm trying to make a unmanned to manned spaceprogram and modifying which parts start at which nodes. I'm having good success with modded parts, but for stock parts it seems to be an issue. When I try to add "@TechRequired = survivability" to the mk1pod it is still available in the start tech node. can't figure out why it's not moving to the other tech node.

EDIT: It's not module manager's fault, when I remove Tree Loader from the mods, it works as advertised. Probably something that tree loader does to some of the stock parts after modulemanager is done with it's magic.

Edited by MedievalNerd

Hello, is it possible to change ScienceDefs.cfg with ModuleManager? If yes what is the exact syntax please? I try to translate the results of the reports...

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[crewReport]
{
RESULTS
{
default = Vous enregistrez l'évaluation de situation de l'équipage.
}
}

ok so i put this in to my MMPART.cfg file i have MM.dll and MMSardianExt.dll as well now it all works yes was happy i finely got something to work as "i did type it out" thats a plug for my self lol

but my problem is that now i cant not open the save folder in the vab nor can i use the Subassemblies option ether

iv pulled out all mod frome parts to .dll's and it not broke so iv d/l a new file as long as i dont put MMSardianExt.dll in it all works.

@PART

{

MODULE

{

name = MechJebCore

RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

rate = 0.005

}

}

}

Hello, everyone; it's been awhile.

I still don't have a computer capable of running KSP, which means debugging (and hence modding) is currently out of the question for me. However, sarbian's MM extensions looks rather mature and bug-free at this point, other than a few issues that would easily be solved with a minor patch to MM itself.

Sarbian has my blessing to take over MM development, with the understanding that every time a new MM version comes out, the community goes into a bit of freak-out mode as people try to figure out whether they have the correct version or not. You'll need to be better at coordination and distribution with other mod-authors than I was (luckily, I set the bar pretty low).

Good luck, and fly safe.

ok so i put this in to my MMPART.cfg file i have MM.dll and MMSardianExt.dll as well now it all works yes was happy i finely got something to work as "i did type it out" thats a plug for my self lol

but my problem is that now i cant not open the save folder in the vab nor can i use the Subassemblies option ether

iv pulled out all mod frome parts to .dll's and it not broke so iv d/l a new file as long as i dont put MMSardianExt.dll in it all works.

@PART

{

MODULE

{

name = MechJebCore

RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

rate = 0.005

}

}

}

I did not encounter this bug. Do you look into the KSP_Data/KSP_Data for error messages ?

MissMolly, something else you can do while you are actually in the game experiencing problems like that is press alt-F12. Then click the debug button. Look at the log there for errors in real time.

I did not encounter this bug. Do you look into the KSP_Data/KSP_Data for error messages ?

no i did not look in to the debug data lol i didnt think of it as we'll im not sure what to look for

That log doesn't mention Sarbian's extention dll being loaded at all. You need a log with it installed to get any errors that are relevant to it. (I do see a lot of NullReferenceException errors after you entered the editor but no way to know where it's from)

Also, try using this ModuleManager file: http://www.sarbian.com/sarbian/ModuleManager.dll (and make sure both it and MMSarbianExt.dll are in the top level of GameData folder. Make sure no other copies of ModuleManager are in any of the subfolders)

That log doesn't mention Sarbian's extention dll being loaded at all. You need a log with it installed to get any errors that are relevant to it. (I do see a lot of NullReferenceException errors after you entered the editor but no way to know where it's from)

Also, try using this ModuleManager file: http://www.sarbian.com/sarbian/ModuleManager.dll (and make sure both it and MMSarbianExt.dll are in the top level of GameData folder. Make sure no other copies of ModuleManager are in any of the subfolders)

they are, and this only happens when i have them in ksp/gamedata/ModuleManager.dll ksp/gamedata/MMSarbianExt.dll

i have not other problems with or with out them at this time

Try to update RCS Build Aid. The version you have has can slow down things a lot in the VAB.

The nullreference spam in your log is most likely the source of your problem but it's hard to know where it comes from.

You can also try with to remove the RESOURCE in your patch file. I don't think it's related but who know ...

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]

{

MODULE

{

name = MechJebCore

}

}

Did you get the version of module manager Starwaster linked ? ( http://www.sarbian.com/sarbian/ModuleManager.dll ) ? It may be related to a bug Majiir found in .21 ( and still present in .22). I'll publish a version of MM with my extension included soon, so you may have to wait if you still bug. Sorry.

Try to update RCS Build Aid. The version you have has can slow down things a lot in the VAB.

The nullreference spam in your log is most likely the source of your problem but it's hard to know where it comes from.

You can also try with to remove the RESOURCE in your patch file. I don't think it's related but who know ...

@PART

{

MODULE

{

name = MechJebCore

}

}

Did you get the version of module manager Starwaster linked ? ( http://www.sarbian.com/sarbian/ModuleManager.dll ) ? It may be related to a bug Majiir found in .21 ( and still present in .22). I'll publish a version of MM with my extension included soon, so you may have to wait if you still bug. Sorry.

i think i did thanks

i guess ill wait till you publish the new one, but in the mean time i will keep trying

thanks guys for you time