The Creepy Base

Bob's Log:

Entry One:

Thanks to my bravery, and my appearant intellegence, I have been chosen as commander of a mission to return to the Mun, after the cataclysm that drove civilization to near exiction a decade ago in the 19th era. I'm going with Newming, Geofkin, and Bill. We're expected to return in a few days.

Here's the Ship on the pad:

tkIff33.png

Newming and Geofkin are strange fellows, just yester- [page unreadable due to koffie stains]

Entry Two:

I managed to see Kerbin eclipse Kerbol. It was quite beutiful, and I hope that it is a good omen of things to come. We're about halfway to the Mun, and I'm rearing to plant my flag in its soil!

I am, however, perplexed as to where my toothbrush went. I've been looking for it for several minutes, and none of the others have come up here so where is it?

w9JFKnK.png

Entry Three:

Aww, yea! We landed on the Mun! Unfortunantily, the decouplers fired early, and the rockets attached to them took out our solar panels. It sucks that we will have to live without exterior lighting, but our internal generators should power everything else. Some of the engineers claim sabatoge, but who would sabatoge such a momentus event for all of Kerbalkind?

L5YU2TD.png

Entry Four:

I planted the flag on the Mun! We all got out to plant the flag and take a pic for PR back home. It was very bright outside, and things are looking hopeful.

RZq6gGZ.png

Entry Five

It's night now, and it's pitch-black outside. For unknown reasons, all of the soil around here actually absorbs all non-solar light. None of our EVA helmets illuminates the terrain! It's too bad we don't have the equitment to analyse it, the scientists are going crazy!

7C24LH9.png

Newming helped relive the tension a bit, though:

s7oGdzI.png

Entries 6-8 were ripped out.

Entry Nine:

Mission Control has asked up to stay on-station due to the soil. They've sent us a rover to check out the place. It finally arrived. Thank goodness, with all of the wierd stuff happening lately. I am scared to death of The Silhouette. Anyway, Newming and Geofkin went out to investigate a rock about 2.5km away, it turned out to be unrelated to the Dark Soil. Trying to keep up a lively mood, they played around a bit with the rover as they returned home. Newming did return with a strange look in his eye during the day's poker match.

pgYSrbW.png

Entries Ten and Eleven are smothered in Koffie stains.

Entry Twelve:

Another, larger rover arrived today. I took it out for a spin, in a good mood due to the less frequent sightings of The Silhouette. It was a blast! I took it over the nearby ridge, but didn't find anything.

B6XwlOr.png

Entry Thirteen is illegebal due to hastry writing.

Entry Fourteen:

Oh, thank goodness! Another load of Kerbals is comming. The ship is bringing thirteen Kerbals, and arrives tommarow. I can't take another night with just two others, after the horror of last night! I still can't get over Bill's death!

Entry Fifteen:

ptTnh3Q.png

If it were'nt for the new load of Kerbals falling on its side, I would've left by now. The Silhouette showed its powers by TELEPORTING A KERBAL!!! Mission Control better bring a rescue craft soon, because tomarrow we are going to shuttle all Kerbals 5km away on the rovers. We can't survive many more nights like this.

All later entries were stained by Munar soil where we found the Journal.

END OF BOB'S JOURNAL

Disclaimer: A few days later, this Journal, and half of the Kerbals, was rescued. Bob had gone completely insane from the events. Bob and Newman are the only original Kerbals to survive. All surviving Kerbals from this base have gone totally insane, or suffer from acute amnesia, or PTSD that blocks their memories. Thus this journal is our only means of learning what happened there due to antenna failure during the night of Entry Fifeteen. Mission Control has forbid any landings anywhere 200km from that site.

You need to launch another mission to hunt down and capture the Silhouette.

I'd send Jeb, but he would find it boring.

Besides, there are several days unaccounted for, the Kerbals might have killed it themselves. They do have a gigantic high-speed rover...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.