KSP build fly dream is gone

Canopus

They've got the monopoly. You can go to other sites but you won't earn as much or get as much exposure. Maybe if people on youtube were to start reccomending people to view their videos on a different site where they uploaded videos simultaneously.

I still think Blip.tv is the best site when it comes to giving their producers freedom. The Nostalgia critic would not exist on youtube as he relies on using movie clips.

I still think Blip.tv is the best site when it comes to giving their producers freedom. The Nostalgia critic would not exist on youtube as he relies on using movie clips.

I think they solved the copyright issues with the Nostalgia Critic some time ago and they stopped going after his videos.

But anyway, Blip TV is good... if you have a series with a consistent output (which you need to be a producer), and also if you are well known enough or unconcerned enough not to worry about not getting a big enough audience. But Blip is good for people who fit those criteria, yes. Except that the player is kinda crappy and bugs out in all sorts of ways. I never understood how it was so difficult to make a consistently functional online video player. But I'm going off topic. If a site like blip gained a larger userbase in the future I think that would be great.

Oh, so you have a better place with similar sized audience to publish to? Cool, please tell me.

Or maybe, when you actually started thinking about it, you will understand why so many people prefer YouTube. And by the way, if you have ads on your screen, it's nothing but your own fault ...

What are you talking about ?

I do not spend my day browsing youtube website to find videos, so audience has nothing to do with this.

Usually I find video by links on forum/blog/twitter and such, so why youtube mandatory ?

I don't have adds personally (thanks to Addblock+), still youtube is full of ads.

Funny thing, music majors can ask to take ALL your revenue from a video if they find a good excuse (few seconds of music is enough)

But thanks, by reading your post, now I understand why people are sticking with youtube despite the fact there are better video hosting solutions.

They simply think youtube is the only one and the one to rule them all.

Sad sad world $$$$$

Edit : Wait now I got it better, people are posting videos for the $$$

Nevermind then, when I post screenshots/video somewhere it is just to show them to the community, nothing more ;)

Edited by Athlonic

You dont need a college degree to recognise a great video when you see one. And you dont need one to recognise smug arrogance either. When you do a video on YouTube that is as popular as this one was you can say something like this.

Uhhh think you forgot that I said "But hey, that is my own personal opinion."

What I meant by the college degree thing was, I have seen tons of videos made by students. When I mean tons, I mean to the point where my standards are much higher now. Again, it's not like I said the video is bad or anything, I simply just have seen much better, so seriously take that smug comment and shove up your you know what.

Also I like how you assume I don't have any popular videos XD, maybe not on youtube, but I never been a youtuber to begin with.

Edit: Also want to point out popularity has very little to do with quality. Or do I need to start pointing out many artists who are not all that great who have become popular?

Edited by Brabbit1987

He used a plugin that allows you to do the camera work he did.

Also, apparently his counter-notice should be enough to bring the trailer back to YouTube pretty soon.

I've got to find this plugin! and great news that the trailer will be back on youtube.

Also interesting how many people haven't heard of M83 - you may not of heard of them, but I refuse to believe anyone in the western world hasn't heard "Midnight City"

A real shame the video is gone, I thought it was very well done. I'd like to share this video with you all, it is not my own but after debating and reading up on KSP, this was the video that made me pull the trigger and buy it. It seems its not very well known. (English is perhaps not the makers first language.) Impressive all the same.

Guess

A real shame the video is gone, I thought it was very well done. I'd like to share this video with you all, it is not my own but after debating and reading up on KSP, this was the video that made me pull the trigger and buy it. It seems its not very well known. (English is perhaps not the makers first language.) Impressive all the same.

Guess I must be one of the only people here who rather hear more of an electronic fast paced themed KSP trailer? I feel it would fit the game more.

Guess

Guess I must be one of the only people here who rather hear more of an electronic fast paced themed KSP trailer? I feel it would fit the game more.

I think both styles could be done with excellent editing. This fits me more since I tend to be more focused and concentrated, or in deep thought when I play. But there's always the fast paced moments when I EVA a Kerbal at 40000m in the decent just because....

Edited by Scub

That's one of those odd tensions in sci-fi, isn't it, whether to use orchestral music or electronica. Old fashioned or super-modern. I'd say KSP fits better with orchestral music due to the match between slow, noble, majestic movements in the game and in the music. Electronica is more suited to action games or shooters, like Half Life 2.

That's one of those odd tensions in sci-fi, isn't it, whether to use orchestral music or electronica. Old fashioned or super-modern. I'd say KSP fits better with orchestral music due to the match between slow, noble, majestic movements in the game and in the music. Electronica is more suited to action games or shooters, like Half Life 2.

I am sorry, but KSP may have it's slow moments, but it's actually more of a comical game. With the explosions and such, I feel it would fit Electronic music real well. I think many people are forgetting this game isn't your traditional space game. The reason slow music was used for space in the passed was due to it's slow yet spectacular views. If I wanted the eye candy, I would use Space Engine.

I suppose my point I am trying to make is ... no one does anything different, they just do the same things and never think outside of the box. Space doesn't always have to be slow you know.

What are you talking about ?

I do not spend my day browsing youtube website to find videos, so audience has nothing to do with this.

Usually I find video by links on forum/blog/twitter and such, so why youtube mandatory ?

I don't have adds personally (thanks to Addblock+), still youtube is full of ads.

Funny thing, music majors can ask to take ALL your revenue from a video if they find a good excuse (few seconds of music is enough)

But thanks, by reading your post, now I understand why people are sticking with youtube despite the fact there are better video hosting solutions.

They simply think youtube is the only one and the one to rule them all.

Sad sad world $$$$$

Edit : Wait now I got it better, people are posting videos for the $$$

Nevermind then, when I post screenshots/video somewhere it is just to show them to the community, nothing more ;)

You are some kind of intolerant/ignorant, is that possible? (Imputing greediness to YouTube users in general; or what do you mean by "Sad sad world $$$$$"?!)

- Of course audience has to do with this, what do you post a video for? To not be watched?

- If I upload to youtube, it is more likely that someone like you finds my videos by watching others.

- It is likely that you already have a google account (I got mine via SketchUp several years ago). So using YouTube (a google company, you know) doesn't require giving my data to another company ...

- What adblock filter list are you using? (I'm using AdBlock+ 2.2.4 for Firefox, EasyList Germany, YouTube is completely ad-free)

- You know that it is possible to upload videos that use music legally? It just a little more work, that goes without saying and is all right.

- and so on ...

Obviously, when you say "better video hosting solutions", "better" is not based on rational considerations, just your personal taste and honestly, I find that more sad.

@ Tataffe

I agree.

Youtube is definitely the best place to make audience.

But I start to hate them more and more every time a video is taken down because of copyright s...

This and because here in france we have really poor bandwidth due tp an old issue between Cogent and some french ISP.

So sorry but today when I hear Youtube I just think about $$$ and no longer about and convivial place to share videos freely.

As an example your video about "Frohe Ostern!" just made eat some Lindt chocolate (love them ^^ ) but what if anytime soon Lindt would ask Youtube to take down your video because we can clearly see that you use a "Golden Rabbit" from them and "stealing profit".

It sounds stupid I know but it is what is going on with music on our videos.

No matter if you put the name of the artist/publisher they fall on you and call you a theft.

How I see things : you put a nice video, use some music for the background (mentioning artist/song) so every viewer turn into a potential buyer of that song/album.

Publisher should be thankfull for free advertising but instead they ask you to take down your video or to give them what you earned from your video.

I put an Euro Truck simulator 2 video some months ago.

I forgot I had NRJ radio stream (ingame), less than 24h after that I got mailed with a warning for copyright infringement about a Rihanna song.

I was like "WTH ?" I then watched the video to see it was even only about a 6 seconds sequence in radio advertisement ...

Obviously it was an automated mail but whatever.

Sorry for the off topic btw...

But some people make a living off of Youtube.

Yep, and they have contracts with the artists/studios if they use music that is not their own. And Let's-Play-YouTubers have contracts with companies like EA. It's not easy, but when you try too make a living of it, you just have to do that.

Some people think that a professional YouTuber's life is just shooting, editing and uploading. That is definitely not the case ...

I don't know if anyone else remembers but there was a video for Kerbal that panned out away from Kerbin, showed a few rocket parts floating in space, zoomed out further to the Mun where a crashed rocket could be seen on the surface, Kerbal footprints then led from the rocket to a flag, and it did all that to music from Wall-E, sadly that's no longer available for viewing in my country at least.

I don't know if anyone else remembers but there was a video for Kerbal that panned out away from Kerbin, showed a few rocket parts floating in space, zoomed out further to the Mun where a crashed rocket could be seen on the surface, Kerbal footprints then led from the rocket to a flag, and it did all that to music from Wall-E, sadly that's no longer available for viewing in my country at least.
I remember that. It was a fanmade trailer for 0.12. Edited by Canopus

This one?

Poor behavior on the part of EMI. Or was it M83? Either way - very stupid. Since it was probably the best advertisement for the guys music ever. I hadnt even heard of M83 till I saw that video. There are some real idiots in this world arent there?

Me neither, and I went and bought the song. The music industry is very good at cutting off its nose to spite its face.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.