Rocket non-explodiness

itsme86

Is it just me, or is 0.20 a lot more forgiving in the rocket-falling-apart-during-ascent arena? Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining! Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I seem to be able to get away with a lot fewer struts, and a majority of the time with no struts at all!

The resulting lower part count in conjunction with the optimizations in this version mean I've had a completely lag-free experience so far.

I've had a lot of times where a stack of tanks+engine will unexpectedly decide to forge its own path in the universe, ie. break off... Maybe it'll just drop off before launch, or it might turn into a missile during ascent.

There won't be any "connection failure" events in the mission log, either - just "X collided with Y". It's been happening frequently (more than in 0.19.1) and non-repeatably enough that I'm wondering if there was a major adjustment to the physics, maybe even a bug.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.