The Mysterious Space Dolphins

ShachonianX

I was recording a KSP video of mine in 0.20, and the most creepy KSP music started playing. Besides it being creepy, there were dolphin noises. During a circularization burn with the Explorer 2 satellite, I heard the noises again. It was seriously creepy and strange. The first Space Dolphin noise was with the Explorer 1.

it's just the background music, I quite like it, space should be eerie and have a feeling of vastness and a bit of creepiness. Now we just need a darker skybox...

Still, that background music is very alien in many ways. Especially with the dolphin noises. The hunt for the space dolphins BEGINS!

Still, that background music is very alien in many ways. Especially with the dolphin noises. The hunt for the space dolphins BEGINS!

Alien? It's actually more earth like then Alien if it even remotely sounds like dolphins. If it does sound alien to you, think you may need to go to the beach or an aquarium more often XD.

Alien? It's actually more earth like then Alien if it even remotely sounds like dolphins. If it does sound alien to you, think you may need to go to the beach or an aquarium more often XD.

Since when are dolphins in space?

Since when are dolphins in space?

That is what I am saying. It's not alien because dolphins are earth creatures. Also, I won't even get into the fact that you can't hear a darn thing in space to begin with. My point is dolphin noises in space, is not alien sounding what so ever.

We technically don't know what alien sounds like considering we never met any. However, there are plenty of movies that make new noises that you don't hear in everyday life, which then of course would sound alien.

Now if somehow by chance you went into space and heard a dolphin, what would your first reaction be?

1. Did I just hear a dolphin?

2. It sounds alien?

Now I myself on the other hand would be asking an entirely different question

Are you crazy?

That is what I am saying. It's not alien because dolphins are earth creatures. Also, I won't even get into the fact that you can't hear a darn thing in space to begin with. My point is dolphin noises in space, is not alien sounding what so ever.

We technically don't know what alien sounds like considering we never met any. However, there are plenty of movies that make new noises that you don't hear in everyday life, which then of course would sound alien.

Now if somehow by chance you went into space and heard a dolphin, what would your first reaction be?

1. Did I just hear a dolphin?

2. It sounds alien?

Now I myself on the other hand would be asking an entirely different question

Are you crazy?

I've heard dolphin noises before, and have seen them IRL in person. When I heard the dolphin background music in KSP while recording, I was was wondering if I really just heard a dolphin. Hearing a dolphin noise on Earth is one thing, hearing a dolphin noise in background music in kSP (in space) is another thing.

I've heard dolphin noises before, and have seen them IRL in person. When I heard the dolphin background music in KSP while recording, I was was wondering if I really just heard a dolphin. Hearing a dolphin noise on Earth is one thing, hearing a dolphin noise in background music in kSP (in space) is another thing.

XD I know, that is why I am saying it's not alien .. it's just unusual. I feel they can do much better with the soundtrack to actually make it sound more space worthy.

XD I know, that is why I am saying it's not alien .. it's just unusual. I feel they can do much better with the soundtrack to actually make it sound more space worthy.

In my opinion, they can change the music somewhat. I actually like the space dolphin music quite a bit.

Since the Uplift novels

Dolphins actually did make an appearance in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books my Douglas Adam. They saved Earth from aliens who were trying to make a solar system road. THey left a note saying "So long and thanks for all the fish."

You all know what this means. Grab your harpoons and keep your eyes clear. And make sure you don't mess with the kraken. It's space Whaling season.*dramatic music*

We're whalers on the Mun, we carry a harpoon, but there ain't no whales, so we tell tall tales, and sing a whaling tune!

Now we just need a darker skybox...

Amen to that. Is there any information about them changing it, or any way to replace it? Seeing big smeary galaxies is kind of ridiculous, it's easily the worst-looking part of the game.

I seem to remember having an addon that replaced it with something less gaudy around... 0.16 maybe.

Edited by Frostiken

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.