[1.0.2] TAC Part Lister v1.4.1 [22May]

TaranisElsu

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having trouble getting it to work for .24 (64 bit version). The widget appears as before, but when I click on it, I just get an empty gray box.

I run a lot of mods, so God only knows what the problem is.

Is there any other way to tell how much my craft weighs before I launch it?

Same on 32-bit, uninstalled until update.

Since it leads to a common mistake when installing my mods, I would like to gather your opinions and see if there are strong feelings one way or the other. Please answer this quick straw poll:

In your opinion, should I group all of my mods under the ThunderAerospace directory or not?

http://strawpoll.me/2298616

First of all, many thanks to you, TaranisElsu, for this wonderful mod!

Unfortunately, as all have noted, it is incompatible with KSP 0.24 :(

I allowed myself recompile it for KSP 0.24.2.

Also I make small improvment: because in 0.24 all resources have cost, now it is calculated for each part separately, as well as the final price.

TacPartList-with-Resources-cost.png?dl=1

Download this DLL and replace original one.

Source code changes you can find here. Also I make pull request on https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacPartLister

And yes, license is the same as the autor's - CC BY-NC-SA 3.0

Edited by girka2k

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Changes

• Updated for KSP 0.25
  • Displays each part's full, empty, and resource cost/mass information, along with totals.
  • Added a settings window to allow changing which columns are displayed.
  • Now ignores the mass of physics-less parts plus fuel lines, struts, and launch clamps.
  • Now prevents click-through on the GUI.
  • Reorganized the directory structure so that it is no longer placed in ThunderAerospace.
  • Added support for the KSP Add-on Version Checker (KSP-AVC) and the KSP-AVC plug-in

Includes contributions by girka2k. Thanks girka2k! :)

Sorry for the long delay. I never did find the time to fix the following issue :(. Hopefully soon-ish.

Known issue: hiding a column zeros the total for that column (displayed along the bottom). I am working on a fix but it will require extensive changes.

Warning: make sure that you completely uninstall any previous versions. I moved everything from KSP/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacPartLister to just KSP/GameData/TacPartLister.

Release 1.3 is now available!

@TaranisElsu:

First of all, thanks for the new release!

In fact I constantly use your mod - it's very helpful for optimizing mass/cost ratio - so I am very interested in it's usability.

I had a few hours of free time, so I'm a little looked at your code (it's always nice to look at a well-organized neat code) and made for myself a few improvements that I would like to present here. Perhaps you will find (some of) them good and will want include them in your mod. All changes you may find in your repo on GitHub - I did two concurrent pull requests - choose any.

I hope the version of the code on your GitHub was in actual state...

- Fixed issue you mentioned: "Hiding a column zeros the total for that column (displayed along the bottom)". Frankly, it's not very elegant solution, but it's simple and it's works.

2014-11-13%2023-36-40%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png?dl=1

- After some usage I found that window is too wide for me and has added some reorganization:

2014-11-14%2000-06-20%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png?dl=1

- Also I got the impression that in English usually they use the expressions "wet mass" and "dry mass" to denote the mass of a part together with fuel (or other consumable resources) and without it correspondently (however, you might make already an impression about my knowledge of English :)). Anyway, I made some changes in the text of the header.

- The latest addition - I wanted to make the columns more different from each other and have not found anything better than make numerals colored. Can't say that the color scheme became better, but this is the best that I can.

2014-11-14%2000-17-49%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png?dl=1

2014-11-14%2000-18-30%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png?dl=1

2014-11-14%2000-19-08%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png?dl=1

Edited by girka2k

@TaranisElsu:

First of all, thanks for the new release!

In fact I constantly use your mod - it's very helpful for optimizing mass/cost ratio - so I am very interested in it's usability.

I had a few hours of free time, so I'm a little looked at your code (it's always nice to look at a well-organized neat code) and made for myself a few improvements that I would like to present here. Perhaps you will find (some of) them good and will want include them in your mod. All changes you may find in your repo on GitHub - I did two concurrent pull requests - choose any.

I hope the version of the code on your GitHub was in actual state...

- Fixed issue you mentioned: "Hiding a column zeros the total for that column (displayed along the bottom)". Frankly, it's not very elegant solution, but it's simple and it's works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zynkhbfxsqjdz27/2014-11-13%2023-36-40%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png?dl=1

- After some usage I found that window is too wide for me and has added some reorganization:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9xomsfdnqyrxtg/2014-11-14%2000-06-20%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png?dl=1

- Also I got the impression that in English usually they use the expressions "wet mass" and "dry mass" to denote the mass of a part together with fuel (or other consumable resources) and without it correspondently (however, you might make already an impression about my knowledge of English :)). Anyway, I made some changes in the text of the header.

- The latest addition - I wanted to make the columns more different from each other and have not found anything better than make numerals colored. Can't say that the color scheme became better, but this is the best that I can.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1c0t9w1t816o7nn/2014-11-14%2000-17-49%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6kuckg85qneadf/2014-11-14%2000-18-30%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eg96kj3gugrev3d/2014-11-14%2000-19-08%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png?dl=1

Thanks girka2k! I like what you did, especially the coloration. Good idea :). I have some comments for the pull request that I will post on Github.

• 1 month later...

Does not function at all in the new version. I uploaded a quick fix that includes some other changes. Use at your own risk. No guarantees. I will upload a new version after I have had a chance to fully test it.

Includes changes dones by girka2k! Thank you!

Change Log

• Fixed the issue where turning off a column disabled the total at the bottom. (girka2k)
  • Visually distinguishes the Mass and Cost columns. (girka2k)
  • Changed the color of the Resource (Res) and Dry/Empty columns (girka2k)
  • Print "-" instead of "0" for Mass and Cost of parts that do not contain any resources (girka2k)
  • Updated for KSP 0.90.
  • Changed part highlighting to use edge highlighting like the game does.
  • Added an option to include physics-less parts (the stock Craft Stats info includes them).

• 4 months later...

I would really value having a version of this with a window which can be opened outside of the editor, allowing you to select any part of the vessel. I can't count the number of times I've accidentally used up the RCS in an attached probe, then struggled to select the tank so that I could transfer more fuel into it.:mad: (The fuel tanks tend to get covered-up by other things, such as parachutes)

Edited by Cosmic_Farmer

• 4 weeks later...

Changes

• Updated for KSP 1.0.2
  • Updated MiniAVC to v1.0.3.0
  • Updated to latest TacLib: sets the min/max KSP version, hoping that future KSP updates won't break too much.

Download links in the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

I would really value having a version of this with a window which can be opened outside of the editor, allowing you to select any part of the vessel. I can't count the number of times I've accidentally used up the RCS in an attached probe, then struggled to select the tank so that I could transfer more fuel into it.:mad: (The fuel tanks tend to get covered-up by other things, such as parachutes)

Sorry for the late reply, but for the use case you described: have you seen my TAC Fuel Balancer? It allows you to transfer fuel (or other resources) between parts on the ship. It works by showing a list of parts in a window.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.