Warthunder - WWII Vehicular Combat Sim

chobit-389

Hahhahaha. I found a way to beat the glitch. Using another glitch.

Okay, so certain maps make my system lock up right?

My solution is this- rename the offending map files, so that the game crashes itself with a cannot read file error on attempting to load them.

Then instead aces.exe is launched instead of the patcher, that way it doesn't complain about the 'missing' files.

Like that if I get a map that would lock up my system, the game crashes itself cleanly without affecting my other stuff. And should they fix the bug, all I have to do is change the name back.

Woah. Just started playing around with a Buffalo, and now I am beginning to understand why everyone is putting such priority on speed. Just gotta get in the habit of going easy on the turns so I don't black out.

Woah. Just started playing around with a Buffalo, and now I am beginning to understand why everyone is putting such priority on speed. Just gotta get in the habit of going easy on the turns so I don't black out.

*hugs*

Welcome to the BUFFALO ARMY! :P

Hahhahaha. I found a way to beat the glitch. Using another glitch.

Okay, so certain maps make my system lock up right?

My solution is this- rename the offending map files, so that the game crashes itself with a cannot read file error on attempting to load them.

Then instead aces.exe is launched instead of the patcher, that way it doesn't complain about the 'missing' files.

Like that if I get a map that would lock up my system, the game crashes itself cleanly without affecting my other stuff. And should they fix the bug, all I have to do is change the name back.

I think I might be having the same problem that you were.

Unfortunately, it seems that in my case, all maps are the offending maps now.

That said, after multiple lockups + hard resets, I think I'm about ready to throw my hands up on this game, at least until I get a better system and / or connection.

The Beaufighter is a beast. I really should get a flightstick.

6 Air wins and 7 ground targets destroyed in historic :D

replay

(use shift + left/right arrow to speed up)

Edited by jfx

Have any of you guys tried skip bombing? I just recently learned how to do it. So far I've only tried it in combat once, and I ended up skipping the bombs right over the boat, but I think with some practice, it could be a really fun way of taking out ships.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.