SSTO micro probe to Eve/Duna without refueling.

Perfectly balanced and flyable, single jet engine so will not spin out.

MJ recommended, but not included. You'll want to manually map your intakes to a control group if not using MJ, since it's not set up that way.

recommended ascent: standard SSTO ascent, 28km ceiling. begin leveling out around 14km to maximize your speed before burnout.

2013_05_26_00007.jpg

2013_05_26_00008.jpg

2013_05_26_00009.jpg

2013_05_26_00010.jpg

http://herpnderp.info/MicroDart%20NoMJ.craft

Looks great. I may strap a couple of these on the side of my interplanetary ship.

If you're using a lifter and transfer stage to take it places, I'd assume you won't need the air breathing engine for SSTO (unless you're going to laythe) and remove it and the intakes to save weight/drag, and also probably assume it's expendable, so you could remove the landing gear as well and replace with a clamp-o-tron jr. Not sure what that will do for the balance of it though.

Craft files are indeed just text files, but browsers sometimes change them to txt files. Just change the extension from .txt to .craft and drop it in your SPH folder.

Yeah, this. More than likely your browser is reading it as a .craft but displaying it as text when you click on it. You can "save this page as" and dump it in your SPH folder, or, right-click the link to the file and save-as to the same.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.