You Will Not Go To Space Today - Post your fails here!

Mastodon

Tried to make a parody/homage of the arguments department sketch from Monty Python. It did not go to plan. It wasn't supposed to blow up, but what the hey, you can't win everything.

aaQthVS.jpg

ztW8Ynz.jpg

"The buildings blown up!"

"No it hasn't."

"This isn't an argument, this is just contradiction!"

"No it isn't!"

Edited by Norpo
Complaints are civilized. Arguments are also. There's a small difference, though.

"The hatch won't open! THE HATCH WON'T OPEN"

"Calm down, calm down. Gus, check the blueprints. What the hell is wrong?"

"Here they are... yep... yep, there's a ladder over it."

"Who built this thing?!"

White Lighting HQ, First Flight, :Dif the reference was not gotten

9eb8ddded3d61113ec34e49f9855d35590326d78b96641a916e602efd1c50b07.jpg

It was.

Edited by Lhathron the Elf

JJZKWMC.jpg

It kept going for ages, balancing on the one pair of wheels that was under the cockpit... but tipped and exploded when I hit the brakes. A smarter man might have deployed the emergency parachutes that were built into the pod :P

Stalling a 44 class on a hill downline of mount kembla outpost station after dropping off 2 kerbals and refilling the generator tanks.. with the locos twin turbine generators and one base-car at full throttle.. the problem wasnt electricity it was traction.. sadly in an attempt for realism the tanker cars had carriage bogeys.. unpowered..

F073F90C04E2CFD9DEA6FF92F8E323C96499BDFC

KTP-3 was sent to rescue with modifications..

the hill was conquered..

2 locomotives in full song proving no hill is too great... only to forget that 10m/s up a mountain means 50m/s down the other side... KTP-3 was lost.. the train gained 3 more passengers.. now at full capacity..journey aborted to return the unfortunate ones to KSC...

Jeb ended up being one of the passengers, driver of the failed KTP-3.... the ultimate shame..

for some strange reason hargan kerman through the whole thing had a massive smile on his face while jeb was screaming

9C5E06CE16CEE5D32F5A5551B3D63B67DEA20693

RCntsZ0.png

Remotetech installed, first Duna probe mission. The antenna broke off and a significant portion of our budget plunged into the sea.

The second launch went okayish (though probably not actually going to make it to Duna). The third launch was destroyed when I opened the fairings without turning off the engines - that was fairly traumatising. Fourth launch successful. Our space program is basically broke now, but we will probably get something to Duna.

Well, I went nuts and installed like 10 mods or something (the same mods used by Scott Manley in Interstellar Quest)... and I launched a mission to Mun.

Everything went fine, except I ran out of power... so, my brave Kerbal who was not Jedadiah, died of intoxicated air during my careless time warp... :(

The ship is carrying about 50 science points, and is on a collision course to Kerbin and it will hit it after approximately 9 hours... so I am now in the process of a recovery mission to get the science from that vessel and make a proper service for the brave Kerman who died up there.

Edited by SalehRam

Tried to send a lander/base to Gilly. Everything was going fine until the 2nd pair of boosters separated....

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Kind of weird that they took out the tank, but didn't touch the engine. It traveled along in formation behind my ship until I ditched what was left and tried to make it to orbit without my ascent stage. I had the dV, but not the TWR...

There were 3 Kerbals stuck on Minmus so I designed a rescue ship to get them. The rescue ship was piloted by 3 Kerbals. Arriving on Minmus the landing went sideways (literally) but I managed to transfer the Kerbals and get back into space. On arriving at Kerbin I noticed a problem with the final stage. The command pod and hitchhiker cabin were too heavy for my parachute. Only the command pod survived. I managed to have 2 kerbals jump out of the hitchhiker cabin just before landing. Sadly the last Kerbal didn't make it. So far it was the first death in this playthrough.

I had an interesting fail today - I sent a mining operation (unmanned) and a little KAS-station-upgrade vessel (manned) to Minmus, to set up a mine and upgrade the panels on my station there (Horrible Nerf means that solar power upgrades are actually worth doing). Fairly normal stuff.. only when KAC alarms me that the manned vessel is reaching Minmus' SOI, I get a "vessel ID no longer exists" message when I hit the 'jump to vessel' button. I check the barracks, and it says that Ronzer Kerman, the fellow I sent, is 'KIA' somehow.

My best guess is that the Mun intercepted his craft (it was not showing an intercept after the transfer burn..yay for hit-and-miss orbital prediction :P ), and he collided with it, or he was slung back towards Kerbin and fell into the atmosphere.

Here's the ship prior to being eaten:

HN-MinmusSM.jpg

...Ber-mun-da Triangle?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.