You Will Not Go To Space Today - Post your fails here!

Mastodon

I've no pictures. But I managed to regularely leave the runway with my SSTO to the left at > 100 m/s during the start.

And if I managed to get it airborne in one piece, it was not perfectly stable during sub-sonic flight and suicidally twitchy at super-/hypesonic speeds,

messing up my ascent a dozen times.

So I checked every single part of the craft for symmetry errors, checked my wings, replaced a lot of parts to be 100% sure, checked that my fuel

is evenly distributed, made the craft more rigid to prevent mis-alignment upon landing on the runway after physics enable when the scene finishes loading,

checked my control surface settings and some things more. No luck. It always veered to the left slightly, often resulting in a RUD on or alongside the runway.

Finally I thought, I should check the control indicators at the next start.

I didn't use the joystick at that time, but it was connected to the PC and configured in KSP.

Turned out my joystick had a slight slight mis-alignment for the center of the "yaw" axis.

So the game always registered a minimal "yaw" control input, messing up my controls.

After increasing the dead zone, the craft was perfectly stable. :rolleyes:

Edited by Cairol

Aziz, add some fins. The aero model changed with 1.0, and at certain speeds the weight distribution and aerodynamics becomes more important. Also make sure you are tilting gradually, staying close to the prograde marker. No more sudden moves to "45 at 10k" like some of us learned in prior versions.

I have a problem with my ships falling in on themselves.

Same here. It happens constantly; flying a ship, decouple the side tanks/boosters and then everything explodes and goes wrong. I have recently taken to putting separatrons on my boosters but I'm usually to fast to launch and don't think about these things until a few Kerbals have died.:confused:

Bit of an oldie, but I swear I will finish this save game soon!

This is where I've got a mission to explore all FOUR of Jool's muns. See the problem there?

Skip to about 3 minutes. Forgive the video for being so rough. I just figured out video capture, the previous reports (in my sig) are on Imgur.

This is your Captain speaking.... we have a little problem with our takeoff sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence, and then explode.

YBCsTc7.png

Lost a wing...

9zjEfs2.png

Doin' fine!

TucAa7B.png

There goes the other one...

4Bs4R7w.png

We shall now being our new feature, the Fly-Drive to Kerbin City (anyone have the actual line from Cannonball Run?)

lho0wbe.png

When Ah say whoah, Ah meeeeeeean.....

giphy.gif

Trying to orbit my first space station in 64K.

7zZLxLi.jpg?1

Science-Dragon I: payload fairing failure.

7ZA7KRK.jpg?1

Science-Dragon II: Staging failure.

TNKNFf1.png?1

Science-Dragon III: Same staging failure as Science-Dragon II.

Science-Dragon IV made orbit and received its first crew (on the second attempt, after a launch abort due to another staging failure). Most of the problems have actually been more the result of my attempts to automate the staging sequence than anything to do with 64K. Still, glad this isn't career mode.

Calski Kerman found out the surface to station shuttle was short about 150m/s..

354F8E9430A3A061004273B0A83C43FD6A11CDA7

The trajectory with all fuel expended

EF1E5266A1BAECF9798918B78082168AE07483E3

Unfazed, Calski quickly entered EVA, grabbed some of the higher value science data and used nearly all of his EVA propellent catching up to the station.

BE8A50EEC054B94F9F988C2B9E9ACEBE660E9502

Calski Kerman found out the surface to station shuttle was short about 150m/s..

The trajectory with all fuel expended

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/429321685581905820/EF1E5266A1BAECF9798918B78082168AE07483E3/

Unfazed, Calski quickly entered EVA, grabbed some of the higher value science data and used nearly all of his EVA propellent catching up to the station.

Watney would be proud.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.