You Will Not Go To Space Today - Post your fails here!

Mastodon

So I landed my Rover a little hard but no biggy just broke the wheels didnt actually make them explode. So Kerbal gets out repairs them all and when the last one is done and Kerbal is giving himself a well deserved contemplative breath the Rover starts running away.......Faster than said Kerbal can run then it go over a cliff and explodes entirely.

So I landed my Rover a little hard but no biggy just broke the wheels didnt actually make them explode. So Kerbal gets out repairs them all and when the last one is done and Kerbal is giving himself a well deserved contemplative breath the Rover starts running away.......Faster than said Kerbal can run then it go over a cliff and explodes entirely.

I've lost many a rover that way...

so... I caved, and started using hyperedit to fine-tune the orbits of my comms satellites (I started using remote-tech, tons of fun!)

I would fly them to roughly the right orbit, and position, and then use Hyperedit to get it just perfect (the slightly elliptical mess of orbits was bugging me)

I was messing around with 2 sats designed to relay info from the Mun back to Kerbin (I'm also playing it as if I'd need comms with a manned craft, just as a personal challenge)

I finished up the first one, and then went to the map view to switch to the other sat on the far side of the Mun...

screenshot19_zps7052d597.png

hm.

Back to map view: all vessels still in orbits and everything, but I was focused on the Mun.

I couldn't do anything, or switch to any other vessels.

I tried taking a screenshot, but it didn't save one.

Then I noticed that it was slowly translating

and Kerbin slowly slid into view!

screenshot21_zps9bd512f4.png

screenshot22_zps716104e0.png

and then straight through the surface

screenshot23_zpsfecf4f6b.png

and now, this is what I get when I click "resume saved" from the main menu.

screenshot24_zpsbe2707b6.png

Good thing I just restarted my save for a new school year 2 days ago, otherwise I'd be pretty mad!

I think I might... stop using hyperedit.

Three kiloton rocket exploded more or less on the launchpad (one of the 6 mainsail clusters...yes, clusters :D... fell off and stayed on the pad, the rocket went upwards and basically imploded), destroying the probe core and sending mainsail-propelled tanks raining down on KSC:

vLuHi5k.jpg

The loss of the probe switched my view to a nearby Kerbal who was able to witness this, which I believe would be the double orange tanks in the top left of the previous picture:

SGwa0HD.png

Edited by Epthelyn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.