Stop my ship from rotating :c ?

When is it rotating? Ascent means when you are taking off from Kerbin and going up into orbit, by stage SweetAbsinthe means at what point are you rotating? are you rotating after your gravity turn, at the initial liftoff, or in space in orbit. If you are in space just press the . key to go into timewarp, this is not realistic but is the simplest way of doing it.

Could be, that's a lot of engines for what seems like a relatively lightweight craft. Also, did you remember to run fuel lines from the middle tank to the smaller tanks with the engines? They're the yellow pipes found in the Propulsion section.

To answer your other question a stage is a section of a rocket that is later discarded. If you've watched any rocket footage you'll see that as fuel tanks empty they are decoupled from the rocket and the next stage is ignited. The ascent stage is the bottom part of the rocket that gets you out of the atmosphere - though it can be multiple stages. I was commenting under the assumption that the lower part of your rocket was designed to fire first and then break off.

Edit: whoops, ninja'd.

That does narrow it down. I can see you have some wings at the bottom of the orange tank, which would help in the atmosphere. My guess is that the craft's center of mass is slightly off balance. In the vehicle assembly click the light green weight icon at the bottom left of the screen, under the list of components, and see if it's centered somewhere in the middle of the rocket. Even small imbalances can cause rotation, so symmetry is your friend. If your craft is not symmetrical you'll need to find out where and either make it symmetrical or add an equal weight component on the opposite side.

Alternately, you can add pieces with torgue to counteract rotating (and ASAS to use them of course).

One of my larger space station delivery vehicles has 8 SAS units to keep it from rotating. It's just a beast and I didn't feel like redesigning it yet, so put those SAS units on top of radially mounted tanks - no rotation at all, where it used to go crazy after 10KM.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.