WIP - Vostok

dimovski

The Soyuz models are ready...it's still not really balanced n stuff, but it should work out...will upload it on spaceport.

EDIT:download link is in OP

Edited by dimovski

Tiberion, I would suggest you the read a)any part .cfg of this mod

B) the description on spaceport

c) the 1st line of the OP

d) to google RockCo... I think you should then atleast be able to grasp that this, indeed, is a revival of that mod.

EDIT:and yes, I am frustrated an ex-mod isn't even reading before he posts

Edited by dimovski

I in fact read the entire thread again (saw this a week ago when you didn't think you're be able to continue) and nothing says anything about a license or permission from Deusoverkill, all it says is:

"Firstly, I want to thank comrade deusoverkill, for creating the models and textures for this mod!"

I asked if you were using the models still because there had been talk of perhaps using the other Soyuz mod. And the reason I ask is because Deus had in the past asked other people NOT to reuse his work, so I wasn't sure he would give it if asked.

I actually just looked at his old thread and he has a license posted in his thread: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

If you read the terms, it says: You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

In other words, unless someone has spoken with deus and got a waiver of this license, you can't edit it and re-release it, he specifically forbade it in his license choice.

I also downloaded your file and noticed it lacked a license, nor is their one in the first post.

So as you can see, I had good reason to ask you. I didn't want to assume you were still using the files and releasing them without permission, so I asked.

The TL;DR version:

If someone has spoken with Deus and gotten permission, great! You just need to set up a license document for your download and thread and you're good to go.

If you have not, then you may have a bit of an issue because his posted license specifically forbids what you're doing here, I am afraid.

not trying to rain on your parade or anything, sorry. :/

Edited by Tiberion

I rather answered your 1st question, the 2nd one, I sent a PM asking him for permission, and, as far as I understand, I'm in no trouble unless HE says that he doesnt want me to use his stuff. Untill that happens, everything is fine.

EDIT:yeah, I see, after reading your 1st post here again, I mightve been a bit harsh...yet I did got pretty angry, as, I believe, I have more than clearly stated that all the models and textures where done by deusoverkill.

And I still didnt get an answer for my PM i sent 4 months ago. I will send another one today...In case he answers negatively, we will respect that and remove our mod of a mod.

Edited by dimovski

I agree...but dont expect it too soon...school starts in 2 days, and we want to keep the textures from the author, just change the textures' color from orange to green for vostok...and we would like to keep the 3rd stage in-line then with the rest of the launcher

The first launch I tried was a FASA Gemini capsule mounted via a KOSMOS 1.5-2.5 adapter and a decoupler. I was able to get the capsule and Blok I into a 90x90 orbit with 80% of Blok I's fuel remaining (using the modern / higher ISP engines). Blok A/B/V/G have collider issues (I think) that need sorted out - I can radial-attach something to the top of those fuel tanks, and it hovers way out in the air. The rocket effects need some tweaking, but that's just cfg edits to add or move those around, so not a big deal. It's a fun rocket.

I'll adress it one by one:

colliders are from the original, we didnt dare to fiddle around to much with it (and what would you add on it? and how would it interfere with your flight?)

I'm gonna be cruel and rude about the Gemini...dont place american **** on soviet rockets! (jk)

but seriously, for now, its FG configuration (the one you used except the rd-0124) can lift around 10 tons, nomrbond is working on balancing it.

I have tried but kinda failed working on the effects of the RD-107(A), and I deem the effects of RD-108(A) and 0110-0124 O.K.

Thx for the feedback, and nice nickname.

Added some rep.

colliders are from the original, we didnt dare to fiddle around to much with it (and what would you add on it? and how would it interfere with your flight?)

Outside of some separation motors on the bottom? Nothing. I was just throwing that out for completeness sake.

I'm gonna be cruel and rude about the Gemini...dont place american **** on soviet rockets! (jk)

but seriously, for now, its FG configuration (the one you used except the rd-0124) can lift around 10 tons, nomrbond is working on balancing it.

Rocket Forces Commander says "Test this rocket, comrade!" Facilities Commander says "Get rid of this junk, comrade!" I just did both at the same time. :)

I tried with my Asteria crew system (all KOSMOS parts, other than a CBM and running lights, about 9.9T, plus adapters and procedural fairings for Blok I), and that did not go to space. The engines on Blok D were at 1.06 T/W when the outer boosters dropped, and the upper stage was around 0.6 T/W. If I swapped in the RD0146 from KOSMOS for Blok I, and RD275K for Blok D, I can get it to my default 90x90 orbit. I could probably go back to the standard upper stage engine, actually, considering how much oomph the RD275K has. I'll fly it like that until the balance work is done.

hey man, i saw the 3d models of the vostok spacecraft MrTheBull made, and they look FANTASTIC, so my question is:

Why dont you make your own Soyuz rocket?; you can have more detail and more realism,

and it will feel more rewarding in the end if you make your own models.

the thing is that i have plans for ALL my mods in the future, and i dont want em scattered all around in someone elses mods (nothing personal against you).

and i stated that clearly in the CC licence when i released my RockCo Soyuz mod pack with this: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

in here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/4110-RocktCo-Industries-Munar-Institute-of-Technology-Soyuz-and-Kerbabl-lander-v1-2

So im sorry to say it, but i have to say NO, you can´t use my models.

Mostly because i think you guys can do it better if you try. Cheers and Good luck.

the thing is that i have plans for ALL my mods in the future, and i dont want em scattered all around in someone elses mods (nothing personal against you).

and i stated that clearly in the CC licence when i released my RockCo Soyuz mod pack with this: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

in here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/4110-RocktCo-Industries-Munar-Institute-of-Technology-Soyuz-and-Kerbabl-lander-v1-2

So im sorry to say it, but i have to say NO, you can´t use my models.

Mostly because i think you guys can do it better if you try. Cheers and Good luck.

Good news!!!

I have sent you a PM before seeing this. I have tried to convince you otherwise. Or atleast let us have it here as a stand-in. But, you should know that we respect your decision (which doesn't mean we will give up in convincing you, ofcourse ;) )

Also, sure, we might do better, the question is, however, WHEN, time is quiet pressing when school starts in...1 day ;)

to moardeltav, use MechJeb and it should go with a 100x100

EDIT:deleted add-on, removed link

Edited by dimovski