[WIP][1.1.3] Large Structural/Station Components [Image Heavy]

Then go, go my modding friends! Go, and mod like never before!!!

EDIT: Because, to be honest, some parts that large on a spacecraft would have a function of some sort, like housing, or a battery, or, a large RTG within the structure.

Then go, go my modding friends! Go, and mod like never before!!!

EDIT: Because, to be honest, some parts that large on a spacecraft would have a function of some sort, like housing, or a battery, or, a large RTG within the structure.

I agree, I have a plugin in mind to add functionality to these parts. Something along the lines of randomly generated disasters, sealing off components, loss of Kerbal life, etc.

I love your large hub and structural tube... these will make my space station much nicer!!

Think I could make a could of requests that would my my interplanetary ship nicer?

I'd love to have 3 pieces styled like your Large Structural Corridor, a 2.5 version of http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/TVR-1180C_Mk1_Stack_Tri-Coupler, a 2.5 version of a dual coupler like it. And the one that I'm really really wanting. A 90 degree corner, either curved or angle don't care just a corner.

I love your large hub and structural tube... these will make my space station much nicer!!

Think I could make a could of requests that would my my interplanetary ship nicer?

I'd love to have 3 pieces styled like your Large Structural Corridor, a 2.5 version of http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/TVR-1180C_Mk1_Stack_Tri-Coupler, a 2.5 version of a dual coupler like it. And the one that I'm really really wanting. A 90 degree corner, either curved or angle don't care just a corner.

Don't see any reason not to have a go at making some of these... I can do the 90 degree corner part relatively easily.

I agree, I have a plugin in mind to add functionality to these parts. Something along the lines of randomly generated disasters, sealing off components, loss of Kerbal life, etc.

Oh let the chaos begin!

If you do this would it be possible to make some of the malfunctions repairable?

It could give EVAs a purpose. Even internal station repairs could be represented by a troubleshooting flow chart with a GUI interface.

Basically you choose your way through the chart and have a random chance of getting it right for each choice.

I had this issue with the mod.

Although a lot of mods are having this same problem with the launch pad, I just thought I should pass this along.

I think it may be a problem with the core game as even the stock parts sink in a little at times.

Also did you mean to release the Hub without the final texture?

wamd0C0.png

I had this issue with the mod.

Although a lot of mods are having this same problem with the launch pad, I just thought I should pass this along.

I think it may be a problem with the core game as even the stock parts sink in a little at times.

Also did you mean to release the Hub without the final texture?

wamd0C0.png

Hey, I have this issue myself. I'm guessing it's a problem with the core game, as there's nothing of note that I can see to fix it via *.cfg

As for the texture, I'm going to be remodeling the two parts soon to include more detail on the connectors, ie bulkheads.

I know they're a lot more work, but it'd be cool to see an IVA for the station can. With your texturing skills it could be the best looking mod space station internals, even if it was just cupboards and a sleeping bag.

Alternatively, maybe togglable window lights.

I know they're a lot more work, but it'd be cool to see an IVA for the station can. With your texturing skills it could be the best looking mod space station internals, even if it was just cupboards and a sleeping bag.

Alternatively, maybe togglable window lights.

I was toying with this idea earlier, but I'd need to make the corridor parts command modules to allow IVA. If, in the near future, Kerbals can move freely internally between modules via player control; I'd consider it.

Lighting, it's a nice touch... people have been doing it and they look ok. But I'd prefer to link lighting to power consumption.

I will be making a plugin to complement these parts, ie station disasters.

NICE! Can I request two more parts in this series?

It would be amazing to have 90-degree arc and 45-degree arc corridors, that could combine together with these parts to make station rings.

Also, with your beautiful little strut tabs, it should be possible to just strut the last connection in place.

Edited by ialdabaoth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.