kracken feeding grounds

Spartwo

Anyone else have things mysteriously dissapear eg:landed craft, satellites etc.I just lost a minbase.essentially this thread is for the lost craft that even the ksc doesn`t know about.

Edited by Spartwo
A

As in it went missing completely? Or you just can't find it one the surface? If that's the case, like Rage said, check underground. :P

Otherwise, if it did stop tracking altogether: Did this happen right after the update? It might have had a mod that you forgot to move over. I lost my old sat network like that.

As in it went missing completely? Or you just can't find it one the surface? If that's the case, like Rage said, check underground. :P

Otherwise, if it did stop tracking altogether: Did this happen right after the update? It might have had a mod that you forgot to move over. I lost my old sat network like that.

no It dissapeared within load range 1 hour ago.

I think this bug is due to the fact that there were heavy texture reamps (which is why most of the anomalies that used to be located on the surface are now floating a few meters.) Some of the new textures may be conflicting with the planets actual collision box (erm...collision sphere).

But I have no idea. I'm not a dev and have little knowledge in the subject.

Here are some key tips to avoid the Kraken's wrath:

* Never end a newly-started flight before the camera has panned around to the front of the launchpad. The Kraken takes great offense at this sort of wishy-washiness and will consume a vessel from the skies above as punishment.

* I-beams are actually the Kraken's fishing hooks. Never trust them! They're utterly bound and determined to shake apart anything they're placed upon.

* The medium-sized landing legs, too, are a favorite tool of catching unsuspecting Kerbals. They are not to be trusted!

* Struts are anathema to the Kraken. Never leave Kerbin without a healthy heaping handful of them holding all of your rocket's rickety rivets together.

I had just launched a space station into orbit, and was taking up my SSTO to dock with it. Everything seemed to be going fantastic; I got within 500m or so, but when I switched from the SSTO to the space station(I was going to turn the space station to align the docking ports), my beautiful space station burst into a thousand pieces for no obvious reason.

My SSTO got clipped by some type of debris and was also destroyed.

Here's a pic(With Jeb in the foreground) from just after I put it up in orbit.

RIP Jeb :(

p><p>This is a pic from the SSTO that I

:) Hopefully it lasts a little longer.

Reloading didn't fix the problem, every time I swapped to control that station it exploded. I let it die and put up a new one with extra struts to act as kraken repellant. :) Hopefully it lasts a little longer.

This one is actually an old bug (happened to me in 0.19) -- vessels suddenly disintegrating as you approach and other variations on the theme. What's new in 0.20 is that cupola appears to be reliably triggering it.

The kraken is afraid you'll see it through the windows.

This one is actually an old bug (happened to me in 0.19) -- vessels suddenly disintegrating as you approach and other variations on the theme. What's new in 0.20 is that cupola appears to be reliably triggering it.

The kraken is afraid you'll see it through the windows.

Well, I guess that station is doomed then. . . it has TWO cupolas. . .Thanks for the info! I'll put up another redesign without them so as not to incur the Kraken's wrath. :)

So basically, I built a giant kraken summoning device. . .*facepalm*

Well, the learning is the best part of KSP:)

"Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up to the sky with hope! And let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake…the Kraken!"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.