[Showcase] Post your Bases

On 26/9/2016 at 0:51 PM, eddiew said:

Sorry for dredging up an old post, but what's that charming little greenhouse from please? :)

Yup, as @Andiron says, it's from roverdude's awesome pack. It does have a KIS container under it, tough, in case you are wondering what it's mounted on. It's a custom module with all my mod parts,so I can nuke them if need be and not lose the whole base.

Rune. The rest of my mods are partless.

22 minutes ago, Rune said:

Yup, as @Andiron says, it's from roverdude's awesome pack. It does have a KIS container under it, tough, in case you are wondering what it's mounted on. It's a custom module with all my mod parts,so I can nuke them if need be and not lose the whole base.

Ahh, cheers :)  I really should learn the miracle of KIS properly... everyone seems to use it to do cool things and I have no idea where to begin :blush:

1 hour ago, eddiew said:

Ahh, cheers :)  I really should learn the miracle of KIS properly... everyone seems to use it to do cool things and I have no idea where to begin :blush:

It's awesome. Among other things, it allows you to do stuff like this:

5ATyE5H.png

Memzf30.png

Rune. The best source of screenies I have put together in a long time.

9 minutes ago, Rune said:

It's awesome. Among other things, it allows you to do stuff like this:

...yeah, so I need to learn how to asteroid wrangle as well :P  I've intercepted a couple in the past but the process was so painful I avoid them now. Suspect I'm doing it wrong.

5 minutes ago, eddiew said:

...yeah, so I need to learn how to asteroid wrangle as well :P  I've intercepted a couple in the past but the process was so painful I avoid them now. Suspect I'm doing it wrong.

It takes a lot of navigation skills, that's for sure. The only way to do it for the really big ones is to catch them in solar orbit, and plan your entry on the Kerbin system so you can both use Mun to take care of your inclination, and Kerbin's atmosphere to slow down into a capture orbit.

Rune. Definitely a challenge, but very rewarding! Keep at it, because there's nothing impossible. :)

On 28/9/2016 at 10:22 AM, valens said:

Really nice! Are those docking ports connected ?

There are a lot of ports in there. If you mean the Sr. docking port on the 'roid, then they are not directly connected to it,because they are not surface-attachable and KIS won't let you. But if you create an attachment node with another part (like a cubic strut), then you can place the port there.

If you are talking about the tank farm I have there, then only one of them is docked to the asteroid and the others are connected to it, so that I could get a regular arrangement.

Rune. For anything else, specify!

2 hours ago, Rune said:

There are a lot of ports in there. If you mean the Sr. docking port on the 'roid, then they are not directly connected to it,because they are not surface-attachable and KIS won't let you. But if you create an attachment node with another part (like a cubic strut), then you can place the port there.

Hmmm. Had these been connected, I think it would make a very efficient and simple refueling station (dock anywhere on the asteroid to refuel, even if the tanks are on the other side...).

4 hours ago, valens said:

Hmmm. Had these been connected, I think it would make a very efficient and simple refueling station (dock anywhere on the asteroid to refuel, even if the tanks are on the other side...).

Oh, if you mean propellant transfer, of course you can do that. It's the main point of building the thing, thousands of tons of fuel on LKO!

Rune. And since LKO is halfway to anywhere...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2013 at 7:37 PM, Ells said:

Munbase Comms Tower (although now won't work in 0.20 so back to the drawing board)

2013-05-22_00010.jpg

Munar Polar Drilling Rig (Yet to land it)

2013-05-24_00042.jpg

Kerbal Monitoring Station (also have two of them on the Mun)

2013-05-24_00029.jpg

And my latest base design...

2013-05-26_00003.jpg

I Love how the kerbal looks like he has an antenna umbrella :P 

sort of a base it works it's a Mars one ripoff :PNbZOtWi.png

Tiny moon base:

13 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I am a huge fan of the way you've used the Mk2 parts to create a unique form factor for your base.

Thanks, inspired by similar parts I've seen in a mod and my recent re-watcthing of the 80s miniseries V.

625x465_2063426_6268740_1459337441.jpg

Edited by tg626

• 4 months later...

Mun Base Deltoton, built using Constellation technology.

xykfPUB.jpg

Modules in above image from left to right: habitation module, science module, rover lander.

0kp6Fyn.jpg

This is the habitation module in more detail. to the left of it is a Leo Minor SMV (Surface Mobility Vehicle), which seats two kerbals for short-duration excursions.

146fgst.jpg

The science module in more detail. There's an airlock on the other side, but there are no good images of it because of the shadow.

LgQAVxq.jpg

The Leo SMV being landed.

kubAnhe.jpg

The Leo SMV on the Munar surface. It is a larger, pressurized rover with space for the entire four-kerbal crew of a Munar Sortie mission.

UGAj7KB.jpg

The Altair lander of MSM2 (Munar Sortie Mission 2). As you can see, each base module was landed using an Altair descent stage.

Been testing some new base designs after a long hiatus from KSP. This one is specialized for metal extraction and refining.

PyvxjzQ.png

BUXgUk1.png

PySZsT5.png

JYmsBFS.png

elkYHbx.png

Looks like the various modules are about ready to start testing on Minmus.

Edited by Odonian

16 hours ago, Odonian said:

Been testing some new base designs after a long hiatus from KSP. This one is specialized for metal extraction and refining.

PyvxjzQ.png

BUXgUk1.png

PySZsT5.png

JYmsBFS.png

elkYHbx.png

Looks like the various modules are about ready to start testing on Minmus.

Looks cool. ^^ From what mod did you get those ring structures, that more blocklike structure and those radiatior pods from?

Edited by Jimmy Stiff-Fingers

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:03 PM, eddiew said:

everyone seems to use it to do cool things and I have no idea where to begin :blush:

Don't worry, It's fairly easy to learn. Try building a really simple satellite in orbit to start with, then I'd suggest Mun Buggies.

• 3 weeks later...

My Minmus mining operation, had to use HyperEdit to get it in place so it's not nearly as impressive as the other submissions in this thread, but I still felt like sharing.

Capable of producing ~15k rocketparts per day, it will most definitely play a major role in getting my Minmus orbital shipyard up and running.

Xk9a0sV.png

Spoiler

yNKgVTd.png

XpwQe2s.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.