*Redundant Thread - Do Not Use* KW Rocketry Update

lpam

Seen as Kickasskyle and Winston have been away for some time now; and that the official KWRocketry thread has been removed; I took it upon myself to update the pack to be compatible with 0.20.

I should stress that I am not a part of the KW team, and if Kickasskyle or Winston return to KSP then this thread will most likely be removed.

Feel free to report any bugs.

logospaceportres-293x261.png

DOWNLOAD

*REMOVED*

Edited by lpam

Okay, so whenever I install KW rocketry in any form, it screws up the textures and messes with the game in general. This only happened since 0.20.1.

Am I alone in this?

0.20.1 has a bug involving mod textures. I'm surprised you were even able to start KSP.... That's almost certainly the cause of your problem. They're working on a hotfix.

0.20.1 has a bug involving mod textures. I'm surprised you were even able to start KSP.... That's almost certainly the cause of your problem. They're working on a hotfix.

Yeah, I literally just read that. Well, looks like I've got to find something else to do. Maybe I'll go outside...?

No, that's silly.

Now if NovaPunch had a .20 release, I'd be in heaven.

I would post an updated version of that too, but i believe frizzank is still active so you could expect an official release off him.

Looks like Winston has posted the official .20.x update for the pack.

From the comments:

Attachment node issues are resolved in 20.1.

Winston May 30, 2013

What just hit the spaceport then?

Theres a "complete overhaul" over there...

Seems Winston has made KW compatible, this thread may be removed tonight depending on whether or not the official pack is compatible.

Edited by lpam

What would make it so?

1. Moving things to make them install into GameData/KWRocketry/Parts/..... structuring it like Squad did theirs, and informing users of the change.
  2. Fixing the part.cfg files to have PART{...} outer bracket level. (Otherwise, they won't load from GameData)
  3. Ensuring that all parts that are rescales of each other, if any, use the same model and texture file and save memory. (which is what PART{...} syntax enables)

See this thread for full details.

Seems Winston has made KW compatible, this thread will be removed tonight.

Don't remove this thread. Because:

And that update, for some reason, has the missing scale problem fixed, but is not 0.20 directory structure compliant...

The original mod page on Spaceport was just updated by the original author.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-1-kw-rocketry-overhauled/

Wait - what? Winston posted in the Spaceport comments that mod was updated, but the download is versioned the same as the one I downloaded a month ago!?! Has the SpacePort download REALLY been updated?

Yeah I saw the KW pop up on the new section of space port yesterday, but it's got the same version number as the last, but it is .1 mb smaller IIRC. Not sure which to D/L now =P

Yeah I saw the KW pop up on the new section of space port yesterday, but it's got the same version number as the last, but it is .1 mb smaller IIRC. Not sure which to D/L now =P

i noticed that today. Im having a small problem with the fairings. when i try to decouple, the fairing unit stays together and my craft magically floats through the cone. Any ideas?

Im having a small problem with the fairings.

Can I ask which size fairings you are using?

And did you follow these steps to attach them?

Based on the file modified dates in the .zip files in the KW D/L I have from 4/28 and the one I D/Led today the SpacePort DL has NOT been updated.

Can I ask which size fairings you are using?

And did you follow these steps to attach them?

Yes i used those steps and order, im using the 1.25mm I think that is the size. the smallest of them anyway

Based on the file modified dates in the .zip files in the KW D/L I have from 4/28 and the one I D/Led today the SpacePort DL has NOT been updated.

Can confirm this, they haven't been updated yet. The nodes for most of the fairings are off.

The one listed here does work though. Thanks for that Ipam