Command Seat - Picture Thread

Mox

While toying with the idea of placing rings of command seats around a rocket's central stack in place of a Hitchhiker module, I tested something akin to a passenger aircraft. I waned to see how the Command Seats would affect flight characteristics.

PassengersAboard_zps765bacdf.png

Turns out, the craft flew just fine even without ASAS engaged. The passengers look a tad concerned, however.

InFlight_zps336c2139.png

Scared_zpsdb63bd09.png

Of course, the real fun began a couple of minutes later. Those suits are heat resistant, right?

Fiery_zps6e14e901.png

I wish that were re-entry. No, that was just normal, high-altitude cruising. :D But since you mentioned it... I must now put a few Command seats on one of my SSTOs and watch them squirm when the real heat gets started. And just like that, my night is booked!

Allow me to present my work on my...well...I dunno. Its a rocket seat, Jim, but not as we know it.

ryTuw0i.jpg

Awaiting lift-off.

luR1Vv1.png

Successful landing?

CmZpMzo.png

I guess still good...

C5hklZk.png

Derhat Kerman = Jeb's new mission partner. Not even joking.

I was laughing the whole flight but it reached maniacal levels when I saw he had landed on his face.

Driving the Mun

a3d365a33dc0.png

Emmergency Rescue Donut in action

871eaed52a32.png

It have single Ant engine and over 1000 m/s dV. Theoretically can land on Kerbin when near empty. I use it only to escape and orbit rendezvous, though. Placed on top of a lander it have almost no chance to break if lander goes to crash.

2955d56ed51c.png

-snip

A little RCS bike for moving to and from my base on Minmus, featuring Ademone Kerman wearing his best "meh" face.

-snip-

Nice bike! I need to build one of those for myself! Also, please don't post reaction images, as they're a bit annoying as well as against forum rules.

against forum rules.

I don't think so... Looking at the rules, it's only rule-breaking if the reaction image is posted by itself.

"...Messages that lack any substantial content, for example messages that contain only reaction images..."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.