Command Seat - Picture Thread

Mox

Nope. I didn't get a picture of him at his last second before impact either, unfortunately. RIP Bill (until the next incarnation - and this is my "simulation" save at any rate, so I didn't feel too bad).

The Gnat, microplane.

Dimensions are 2.5 x 3 x 1 meters. 0.65 tons with Kerbal included.

(Previous model - Electric Bumblebee - was 3.5 x 3.5 x 1.5 m and weighted 1.3 tons)

On 20% thrust it have speed about 120 m/s and range about 450 km.

d470f75bfd51.png

fafd5b0090ca.png

6cdc22d4d9b6.png

It is incredibly hard to land due to control surfaces bug. Any active pitching adds up speed.

I've invented following tricky landing sequence:

- set low thrust (10-15%)

- deactivate engine with action group

- go low

- set up level flight using trimming only to not to get speed because of control surfaces

- when low enough, set reverse thrust and activate engine shortly to kill speed

It works, but makes precise landing impossible. But I want to land it on aircraft carrier. So I still struggling with this plane.

When your rover is just a command seat with wheels, and you light the way with helmet lights, then you probably can't go any smaller.

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot4.png

Maneuverable like you won't believe, as long as you turn off the front wheel motors. Easy to flip upright, too, but hardly ever turns over. And of course, the battery-independent light helps. ^_^

So I decided to make the fastest practical low-altitude aircraft I could without using part clipping. In the middle of the process I decided 'Eh, I'll put a seat on it instead of using the stayputnik, it'll be funnier'.

So I did. And it was.

screenshot7.png

screenshot9.png

....There was a faster version, but it tended to shed engines in turns, so I slowed it down a little. This version is pretty fun to fly around the space center and out to the mountains. I've got plans to make it even lighter and smaller, which should increase the speed a little more.

The Mosquito rover delivery system works very well, but since the Civik Type-K has two seats, and the Mosquito's cockpit only holds one, somebody's going to have to ride the roman candle outside. Better hope there's no atmosphere at the destination!

yOkKRq8.png

When your rover is just a command seat with wheels, and you light the way with helmet lights, then you probably can't go any smaller.

Maneuverable like you won't believe, as long as you turn off the front wheel motors. Easy to flip upright, too, but hardly ever turns over. And of course, the battery-independent light helps. ^_^

totally looks like a stroller, going to have to make something similar XD

totally looks like a stroller, going to have to make something similar XD

I think it looks more like one of those mobility scooters that plague the sidewalks. In this case I think it's long overdue. Jeb has ​to have suffered some kind of handicap by now! :D

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot4.png

it looks like you made a super stroller

When you just GOTTA GOTTA GOTTA get your space fix right NOW!!!! (or alternately, here comes the Mother in law)

screenshot75-1.png

screenshot76.png

screenshot77.png

screenshot78.png

Shortly after this and right after the deorbit burn Ol' Jenfrey here randomly left his seat and floated off.. was too busy chasing down the falling chair at 56km up and 2k m/s to grab a screenshot sorry..

screenshot80.png

screenshot82.png

screenshot84.png

screenshot87.png

Nope. I didn't get a picture of him at his last second before impact either, unfortunately. RIP Bill (until the next incarnation - and this is my "simulation" save at any rate, so I didn't feel too bad).

The Enders Game / KSP Simulation Uncertainty Principle: One cannot know whether a given mission was actually a simulation until it ends in success or failure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.