Steam Vs. Ksp Store

Penguinhero

Steam Vs. Ksp Store  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Steam Vs. Ksp Store

• Steam
    • Ksp Store

Never understood the hate for Steam beyond some stubborn principles, functionality is great as this isn't your 2003's Steam. There is one thing though, realize that buying direct from the developers means they get 100% of the money since they don't have to pay Valve a cut. There's a legitimate reason if you wish to help out smaller indie developers!

Now that I see you're on a Mac I'm leaning more towards not using Steam (even though they have decent Mac support) but still I just have to say Macs always have different problems with a distinct lack of the same support PC users get no matter what...always game on a PC if you can. Nothing personal or Microsoft fanboyism, just facts.

Personally I like the neat and organized system Steam provides me.

Edited by Good_Apollo

Never understood the hate for Steam beyond some stubborn principles, functionality is great as this isn't your 2003's Steam. There is one thing though, realize that buying direct from the developers means they get 100% of the money since they don't have to pay Valve a cut. There's a legitimate reason if you wish to help out smaller indie developers!

I bought the game before it was on steam and i wondering if i should transfer or not cause i do like steam except when it doesn't launch 1 out of 1000 times...

I have been a Steam user all the way back to when it was military green so I am biased, but most all of my games are on Steam.

I like it because it auto patches them (you can back up old versions) and it keeps everything well organized.

It also tracks how many hours I have put into a game. 163 hours in KSP so far.

Plus the Steam Holiday sales and Summer sales are a great way to get great games cheap.

I only found out about KSP because of Steam, so there's that:D.

Unless you want to use Steam's Servers to download the update slightly faster; what are you hoping to gain by transferring?

Not having to try to get logged in to the squad store every time there's an update. I'm already logged in to steam, so BAM!

Given that squad's password recovery systems really don't like to actually send me anything(I'm looking at YOU, spaceport), this is kind of important.

Edited by Tiron

I like being able to keep track of exactly what version and where I have KSP installed, so I am enduring the KSP store for now. It's definitely not as bad as it used to be. Also I'm not sure if this is an issue or not but I hate having to re-assign all my controls on my joystick every time there is an update, so I keep my settings.cfg and transfer it over to each new version.

Steam can be a pain.

Its fine as long as it works, but as soon as you have a problem you are pretty much alone in the dark.

I had (mac) an issue to launch steam, I just couldnt fix it (re-install wasnt enough etc).

So i wrote a support ticket - believe me guys, you never EVER want to deal with this support! Its bot support^10 and you will not get a real reply and ofc no help at all. So you have to figure it out yourself by google or simply give up.

Not to say that steam is bad, but especially for mac users I wouldnt recommend it. (like some1 stated before in this thread,+1).

Cheers

Adding a .torrent for the KSP Store or a Download Manager and it will be perfect

When you prefer to download software via bit torrent you can....

...nah, not getting banned again.

believe me guys, you never EVER want to deal with this support! Its bot support^10 and you will not get a real reply and ofc no help at all. So you have to figure it out yourself by google or simply give up.

The one time I had to contact Steam support (years ago) I was served by a human and was served quickly and friendly. But that was about a payment problem, not technical support.

Edited by Crush

I prefer to have a DRM free version whenever I can. I sometimes play on other computers and don't want to have to install steam every time. I would like the steam version for my main computer though, and I might buy it if it goes on sale sometime.