Show off your Kethane Mining Designs!!

Hi jeep,

I managed to stack 2 tankers(both mobile rover tankers with wheels) ontop of each other ontop of the launch vehicle.. I used a crapload of steel framework and struts to keep them in place and to stop them wavering about.

bPXyj2n.jpg

I found the method of using rovers and going up and down way too much work and time, and prefer using gargantuan fuel ships that go down and suck a 420k keth deposit dry then go up and either act as a refueling depo from there, or as an engine stage to take other craft to other planets.

Here's a shot of my SSTO plane, and two of these Mid sized kethane miner-refueler-engine docked to it, ready for an interplanetary voyage..

NCjFY6u.jpg

may you please post a .craft file for that ssto, it looks beautiful

Awesome airship miner, I likes.

I built an Eve, Zero Bypass, Kethane Turbine craft to take down and back up to rendezvous with the miner ship .

I shall post a .craft of that SSTO now for you.. Thank you for the compliment :)

8SaT5s4.jpg

GYMhPwJ.jpg

0B1fnd8.jpg

MdNuR08.jpg

lRfsSuY.png

VmZLVIU.jpg

BctYLzC.jpg

Edited by Amphiprion

SSTO's .craft file as requested:

http://share.cx.com/796Mnk

It needs alot of runway.

1 - changes mode of sabre turbines

2- toggle's nose aerospike on/off.

put brakes on, disable aerospikes with (2), switch engine mode to rocket(1) , power up, release brakes before damage occurs, once you hit 100m/s press (2) to activate toroidal's in the nose. once you have rotated to your desire, press 2 again to deactivate toroidals, and (1) to switch rockets back to air breathing mode.

Mod Requirement:

B-9 aerospace

spherical tanks

TT multiwheels

Have fun.

8ovExhg.jpg

Edited by Amphiprion

A newer, smaller Kethane miner/explorer ready for operational test in KSP v2.02.

Using the larger drill.

krtXNfK.jpg

Xc9zQlI.jpg

Operational test on Minmus went well. The big drill rate is great! I did add small Kethane tanks (4) before launch as well as 4 small fuel tanks on the bottom of the outside tanks. The Nuke engines make for a long burn time but the rate should get me to the other planets. It is refilled and ready to go.

QMaKYOV.jpg

Targeting a landing site is nice too :-) http://i.imgur.com/A4Q1rtn.png

BJ Quest

Edited by BJ Quest
Operation test on Minmus

Mun Gas Station -- just west of the Armstrong Memorial.

l2lH55X.jpg

Just realized now that I didn't have the fuel lines hooked up to my little lander. Pretty much the only thing not turned on and active in the shot :P

Mun Gas Station -- just west of the Armstrong Memorial.

Just realized now that I didn't have the fuel lines hooked up to my little lander. Pretty much the only thing not turned on and active in the shot :P

I like the fuel ship and the lander :-) Do you use the KAS for fuel lines or something else? -BJ Quest

I like the fuel ship and the lander :-) Do you use the KAS for fuel lines or something else? -BJ Quest

Thanks :) Yeah I've got two KAS winches on the bottom of the mining drills with attachable adapters so other, non KAS ships can still re-fuel.

Messing around with KAS and Hooligan Airships to create a carbon nanotube space "kethelator" fuel line that goes from the ground, where the kethane is extracted to orbit of DUNA.

Mark 1

:failed

MnFw8Ym.jpg

Mark 2:

J2MFoO1.jpg

MVh8zEk.jpg

Landed, about to start extracting kethane...

1tUI9Xz.jpg

The Tank at the top is for liquid fuel and oxidizer, that's that part I hope to be able to put into geo orbit.

Airships have their lift increased and away they go with the Orbital Fuel line....

GNK7Gn9.jpg

ujL7ijW.png

BAJnJh7.jpg

@20km dunno if you can see them.

Edited by Amphiprion

Hi,

I have 2 Pics for you first the mining site on the mun, and the little processing station.

Here are the Harvesters and in the middle the Kethane lifter (Lifter has a modded engine uses kethane as prop.)

kku.jpg

And the Station 3 modules (Fuel,Kethane,Energy)

kks.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.