Let's gonna naming the "continent"!

Daze

As the title said, in this thread i would start a cooperation with the community to find good name for the continent of Kerbin

Here's to you a map (made by ZeroIgnite):

Kerbin_heightmap.jpg

What do you think about this idea?

Edited by Daze

It's pretty much one giant super continent...

Edit: woah woah woah....

Am I blind or did I just see a...

=D face in the ocean south of kafrica?

We'll call it the Trench of Happiness, I suppose.

Slightly more on topic:

Well, it's a supercontinent, so why not call it Kangia?

(That is, if my brain is correct in telling me that "pangia" was the name of Earth's supercontinent before it broke up into how we know it today.)

it's a known easter egg, as for naming the continents, unless you can get everyone who plays to agree, or the devs endorse it and make it official, it only benefits the person who does it. I have names for the various places on my kerbal map and certainly don't care what anyone else calls them :P heck, I'm building a long distance rover to start planting flags now XD

wsBaTVB.jpg

I named five continents: Asac, Arunall, Etron, Etnenitnoc, and Alusninep Al

which are all reverse spanish for: Home (as in the home continent where Kerbal Civilization began), Plain (the great plain), North (the northernmost continent), Continent (as in "the big continent"), and The Peninsula (self-explanatory).

I didn't name the poles, but I figure they'd be reverse spanish for "north pole" and "south pole" respectively.

wsBaTVB.jpg

I named five continents: Asac, Arunall, Etron, Etnenitnoc, and Alusninep Al

which are all reverse spanish for: Home (as in the home continent where Kerbal Civilization began), Plain (the great plain), North (the northernmost continent), Continent (as in "the big continent"), and The Peninsula (self-explanatory).

I didn't name the poles, but I figure they'd be reverse spanish for "north pole" and "south pole" respectively.

Awesome link with the language of Kerbal!

There was a thread like this before. It became roleplaying, and it didn't went well.

Um...what?

Nova gets irked by people who would just stick K to the start of everything (kolar system, kun, kercury, kenus, kearth, kars) to make it sound kerbalized. It's called The "K" Syndrome and most of the people who has been here for a while will find it really annoying for being too bland and repetitive.

EDIT: Ninja'd, but expounding the main point raised.

Or AfriKa, simply.

A first step would be to define what is a continent IMHO. On Earth, we have divided landmasses that are physically linked. Like "North America", "South America". The boundary between "Europe" and "Asia" is quite arbitrary (the Ural mountains). Arabia makes the "joint" between those two previous and Africa. The most obviouses are Australia and Antartica, as they are clearly island-continents.

We need to know more about Kerbin's plates tectonics I think. :huh:

On Earth we had a Pangea when all the plates where shrinked together at the same spot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.