SSTOs! Post your pictures here~

On 15.12.2015, 14:43:39, Odyessus said:

That, Sir, is a glorious ekranoplan. Do you have a download available?

Hi Odyessus

I`m afraid but i looks like i have deleted, or revised it.... the ultra version is gone... take a look in the Seaplane to Orbit Challenge, there is a humongous derivate of it... 

I hereby would like to share you my SSTO. Working on this baby for a long time, revised it 4 times throughout the updates of ksp (hence the mk4). I have multiple versions of it, if someone is interested (a shorter version for transporting kerbals, version with lander etc.), i might share the .craft files in the near future.

Stats:

Name: SA-HSSP M4 (SUPER ADVANCED HYPERSONIC SPACEPLANE, because it's super advanced, naturally)
Electric Charge: 600
Monoproppelant: 340
Liquid Fuel: 2610/2610
Oxidizer: 2530/3190
Crew Capacity: 3
Mass: 46.8t
Δv: 11184
Recommended Payload: 5t

Features:

4x A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S.
2x  Gigantor XL Solar Array
3x Mk2 Cargo Bay CRG-04
1x Comms DTS-M1
1x Mk2 Clamp-O-Tron
Fully Stock and 250km orbit and return capable

95509CA627EF93CD72EA1C008BA78791A1A3B905

40662D773001A7CFD8BDEA7E0C011259685D55C5

6CFF3ACBB646F9519DF6862BFA667F07660971E8

Edited by Mr. Z

Fear of disappointing I have hesitated a long time to participate in this topic... but afterall let's have a start.

Sleg XC-70 Comet :

My first SSTO ever. Ridiculous MTOW, just like the payload and unstabble as hell.

X959VGy.png

MbKVcQf.png

db1qv1B.png

Sleg Osiris Mk I :

Unpowered. Only use was for crew transfert to a max 250 km circular orbit.

ZdIEsdC.png

mm7kZRB.png

Sleg Osiris Mk II :

More reliable and polyvalent.

OJDcU5S.png

jEN5jyF.png

Sleg Osiris Mk III :

Much More efficient and capable.

XIifQMs.png

VxV20ja.png

Sleg Diane Mk I :

Fully recoverable SSTO for injections from 120 to 200 km circular orbit. Payload max mass : 20 tons.

HGj7yqk.png

WEn1kLx.png

fPutVCp.png

Sleg Raven Mk I :

Not really an SSTO, better used as a TSTO. All depends of the payload you want to place in LKO. For a low one : SRBs are ignited just before the rotation or the first seconds of the initial climb (just as RATOs and JATOs were used with the P5Ms) and kept on the wings for all the flight duration, for a medium SRBs are ignited during the take-off run then ejected, and for a heavy one they are ignited at we release the brakes, the aerospike engine has to be ignited at the boosters separation (a good Kerbal way of thinking and using an aerospike as the SRB will be release between 10/12000 m)

YrZdtTy.png

3gGVjo6.png

DuywE5X.png

7wtRuqE.png

Sleg Vulture Mk I :

Aptly named. Originally dedicated to recover the crews from space stations, trapped into orbit after a tragic accident... finally perfect to play the role of a large school bus and / or a massiv fuel truck.

vA9LweE.png

RPAA9n8.png

SQQOmnY.png

A Raven has a lil' rendez-vous with a bird of prey.

4fFFAtP.png

Sleg Untitled Spacecr*p :

Finally upgraded to 1.0.5 and was annoyed to start again from the sea level... used to create this... thing to give me all the "first" I need for the budget.

Here over Kerbin north pole.

fWAXpHV.png

b1PRmsX.png

End of the bad good (or good bad?) ideas catalog.

Edited by XB-70A
Terms

My new exercise in SSTO building (inspired by this thread) - "Chock SSTO".

• Inner cargo bay with cargo ramp in the front
  • Up to 30t to 80x80 km orbit
  • Start mass 290t (payload ratio 10.5%), cost 144 620$
  • Fuel cost 17 938$ (588 $ per payload tonne)

tjgq9gI.jpg?1

Spoiler

m0UuL1v.jpg

yFteJPC.jpg

GeRNnHj.jpg

oKJWcn3.jpg

Came to show off my family of SSTO Spaceplanes! I present the SP-X Lance, the SP-M Bident, and the SP-X Trident. The SP-X's are Space Plane Exploration SSTO's, and the SP-M is a Space Plane Miner. The SP-M has a self contained resource management system that allows it to land, mine, refine, and refuel. Granted, it's more of a conceptual lovechild than actually reasonable unless you want to wait years.

Finally managed to get around to making that video for the Duna SSTO. Its pretty easy to fly (if you need help with ascents just watch my video because I have the entire ascents to orbit almost uncut). It has science equipment because this is my career save. I think the ascent off of Duna could have been more efficient if I took a more vertical ascent, but at the same time the twr is almost 1 at that point of the mission so that is probably just as inefficient.

Downloads and extra info can be found in the description of the video.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello rocketeers and rockets

A few days ago I posted this in "What did you do in KSP today":

XHZyUxL.png

I promised to share the files, but this is my first experience with KerbalX, so let´s see how it goes ;)

First: Theese are not designed to be as efficient as possible. They are built to get into a 200km orbit (thats where my stations are) without putting too much stress on Jeb or other pilots. And of course they should look kinda cool. :cool:

Action groups and a basic instruction are in the descriptions.

Let´s start with the smallest one.

Jgg2zzll.png

Spaceboy

This was just an experiment to see how it would perform without vertical stabilizers. But it turned out to be an easy and fun plane to fly, Just point the nose to 20 degrees and let her go. It´s got no RCS thrusters or a docking port, so you could rescue a Kerbal with it, but it´s main purpose is to act like a trainer, I think.

http://kerbalx.com/herrmue/Spaceboy

2lfe1mbl.png

Rising Star

Good for rescue missions and crew transfers. It needs a bit of piloting till you break the sound barrier, but after that it works like a charm. :)

http://kerbalx.com/herrmue/Rising-Star

Ko7pyatl.png

Shinden

This is still my favorit. I flew this baby many, many times and tinkered with it for months. Rescue missions, crew transfers, tourist contracts, sattelite launches... no problem. And it´s almost as easy to fly as the Spaceboy.

http://kerbalx.com/herrmue/Shinden

Problems: Spaceboy and Rising star are a bit unstable on the roll axis. especially at launch.

So... I like ´em, but hey, I built them and have a lot of practice in flying theese things. So if any of you marvelous folks want to give one of them a try, I would be curious about your opinion. If you think they are easy to control or not, or if you spot any major issues, let me know.

Thx for the positive feedback in the "what did you do in KSP today" thread. :blush:

Cheers, Mü :)                

Edited by KerrMü

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:44 PM, KerrMü said:

This is still my favorit. I flew this baby many, many times and tinkered with it for months. Rescue missions, crew transfers, tourist contracts, sattelite launches... no problem. And it´s almost as easy to fly as the Spaceboy.

So... I like ´em, but hey, I built them and have a lot of practice in flying theese things. So if any of you marvelous folks want to give one of them a try, I would be curious about your opinion. If you think they are easy to control or not, or if you spot any major issues, let me know.

Thx for the positive feedback in the "what did you do in KSP today" thread. :blush:

Cheers, Mü :)                

That Shinden looks amazing, I'm going to have to try it.