SSTOs! Post your pictures here~

This prototype is basically Mk. II of this guy. It took several tries, and an unplanned aerobrake, but I at least managed to get it into orbit.

QlydQwm.jpg

This is a self-mining version of the Duna plane I posted earlier (see the attached link). Only THIS TIME, it's self-refueling and had 2,436 m/s of delta-V at approximately 140 km above Kerbin - and that was after the aerobraking shenanigan. I then decided to send it to Minmus for a test run to await landing and refueling. If all goes well, I may end up sending this to Duna instead of the Mk. I and the truck to go with it.

• I can even send this space shuttle-style (attach to a separate delivery rocket) to places like Ike or Dres - maybe even Eeloo.

Went back to messing with the vector engine and this is the result

sh1g60i.png

https://kerbalx.com/Korsakovski/Starburst

https://imgur.com/gallery/hsibCli

Should be capable of landing like a plane. Previous version did not have enough wing for that, (I would like to point out that if it had been crewed the entire crew would have survived.) dunno how this one is, landing hasn't been tested yet.

Another from the BSG Skunkworks.

Fleshy Humans beware. This has taken about 6 months worth of work to get the Aero model to something that will fly stably and work in space as well.

SiamZWGl.pngTH1yeAxl.pngpgl02Anl.png

Cylon Raider space superiority raider, SSTO capable, seats 2 humans. Has 2 seats, red light, and cargo bay wings to add extra endurance tanks, equipment, missiles, or what have you. Flys nice too.

agioHbQl.png6F5e791l.pngI3Vp8wkl.png

SiamZWGl.pngvIpSJX8l.png2EM3F7Vl.png

Available here.

https://kerbalx.com/atassiedevil/Cylon-Raider

Enjoy!

5fIDODD.png

On the right is the FS-PR Journeystar. Capable of Mun landings and refueling using an in-built mining and ISRU rig for extended range.

On the left is the FS-PR Spectre, modified from a Minmus training SSTO to be able to send a rover along with 6 crew to Minmus.

Below is the prototype of Spectre landed on Minmus, complete with its crew and cargo.

g5XT6X2.png

Download links are available through the forum post in my signature.

I thought I'd post a couple of my long-range SSTOs:

m2JDYi7.png

The Starchaser-II two seater ISRU-equipped long range SSTO, with a range from here to Minmus! (And, with the twin drills, beyond.)

l0QUGKS.png

The Aether 1 LF-only SSTO has barely 800m/s in orbit, but that's enough to get it to a station, where its full range is more like 3km/s.

https://kerbalx.com/hangars/55750

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some of my SSTO's:

SSTA (Single Stage To Anywhere With Mining)

k1V44JV.jpg

Space Plane V1 (Mun and Minmus capable SSTO)

COwkWpt.jpg

Space Mini (LKO SSTO)

9VuZlt5.jpg

Space Station Restocker:

gy8kpol.jpg

Space Transporter:

9VKjQHT.jpg

Hypersonic SSTO:

oFGYBqy.jpg

Space Sargo:

akyKI6H.jpg

Multicrew SSTO:

TA8Cskd.jpg

Space Sargo II:

bvYqfMZ.jpg

Download Link: (Kerbal X)

https://kerbalx.com/Kerbodyne/craft 

Edited by K3rb0dyn3

Guest Space Cowboy

Munar Miner then on from there. This is a from scratch rebuild of a working config minus 1 fuselage tank. More to come including video.

screenshot1

screenshot0

Edited by Space Cowboy

Guest Space Cowboy

Hi, I am 3 for 3 landings and I've just tried out the mining / refueling. It's working. Stock 1.6

• 3 months later...

This thread's been pretty quiet lately... We can't have that!

I finished a couple of stock/vanilla SSTOs recently (apart from visual mods). First up is the "Riptide" class transport SSTO, which can bring a 4.5t payload to 100x100km orbit:

8bUCL0r.png

lc4wu5w.png

FhGWpsJ.png

MRvTDtN.png

khuihuq.png

3b6sWcx.gif

Then there's the "Vortex" class VTOL SSTO, a two seater that can land on the VAB, then reach 70x70km orbit, and land back on top of the VAB again:

BEIQF2h.png

eQEvgLA.png

WkrkHhv.png

Hbhdfnp.png

a8P6FMd.png

7UPLtzp.png

Grab your copy from KerbalX if you want to take either craft for a spin, you can also find the flight instructions there.

Riptide craft file and album

Vortex craft file and album

Looking forward to seeing more awesome SSTOs posted here again!

Edited by Yakuzi