SSTOs! Post your pictures here~

It's a WIP, but it looks promising... :cool:

LptbN1g.png

zlTYsFR.png

2B6BYc3.png

MPDo3pX.png

GJSKjQn.png

• Like 4

This prototype is basically Mk. II of this guy. It took several tries, and an unplanned aerobrake, but I at least managed to get it into orbit.

QlydQwm.jpg

This is a self-mining version of the Duna plane I posted earlier (see the attached link). Only THIS TIME, it's self-refueling and had 2,436 m/s of delta-V at approximately 140 km above Kerbin - and that was after the aerobraking shenanigan. I then decided to send it to Minmus for a test run to await landing and refueling. If all goes well, I may end up sending this to Duna instead of the Mk. I and the truck to go with it.

• I can even send this space shuttle-style (attach to a separate delivery rocket) to places like Ike or Dres - maybe even Eeloo.

I altered a recent beginners SSTO made with help from members on the forum. It's a very rocksteady, balanced, feather-light craft for hauling moderately generous 2.5m cargo payloads.

GZ3wdu7.jpg

Landing at 20mps on the runway once offloaded.

xU0aWfZ.jpg

RdhMSND.jpg

• Like 1

Went back to messing with the vector engine and this is the result

sh1g60i.png

https://kerbalx.com/Korsakovski/Starburst

https://imgur.com/gallery/hsibCli

Should be capable of landing like a plane. Previous version did not have enough wing for that, (I would like to point out that if it had been crewed the entire crew would have survived.) dunno how this one is, landing hasn't been tested yet.

• Like 1

Another from the BSG Skunkworks.

Fleshy Humans beware. This has taken about 6 months worth of work to get the Aero model to something that will fly stably and work in space as well.

SiamZWGl.pngTH1yeAxl.pngpgl02Anl.png

Cylon Raider space superiority raider, SSTO capable, seats 2 humans. Has 2 seats, red light, and cargo bay wings to add extra endurance tanks, equipment, missiles, or what have you. Flys nice too.

agioHbQl.png6F5e791l.pngI3Vp8wkl.png

SiamZWGl.pngvIpSJX8l.png2EM3F7Vl.png

Available here.

https://kerbalx.com/atassiedevil/Cylon-Raider

Enjoy!

• Like 5

Upgrade on my WIP SSTO.

miTkwG5.png

gkZpwhK.png

Still in test fase.

• Like 2

5fIDODD.png

On the right is the FS-PR Journeystar. Capable of Mun landings and refueling using an in-built mining and ISRU rig for extended range.

On the left is the FS-PR Spectre, modified from a Minmus training SSTO to be able to send a rover along with 6 crew to Minmus.

Below is the prototype of Spectre landed on Minmus, complete with its crew and cargo.

g5XT6X2.png

Download links are available through the forum post in my signature.

• Like 1

I thought I'd post a couple of my long-range SSTOs:

m2JDYi7.png

The Starchaser-II two seater ISRU-equipped long range SSTO, with a range from here to Minmus! (And, with the twin drills, beyond.)

l0QUGKS.png

The Aether 1 LF-only SSTO has barely 800m/s in orbit, but that's enough to get it to a station, where its full range is more like 3km/s.

https://kerbalx.com/hangars/55750

Trying to recreate the look of the jedi starfighter, it actually took a lot  to get this thing to fly without flipping

p969viJ.png

Posted (edited)

JJOTt0S.png

This one's a WIP. It's supposed to be able to carry 10 tons to the Mun and return to Kerbin.

Edited by Fox Arcana