SSTOs! Post your pictures here~

KissSh0t

• 1 month later...

I built this thing back in August. I think it looks and works pretty good.

IfQNUT6.png

5ozZw2t.png

QqctaPX.png

It has deployed exactly one spacecraft, an unmanned Münar transfer stage and lander. No other payloads have been designed for this. I haven't flown it in a while.

TPbzX6f.png

It has just enough fuel for a rendezvous around LKO and it can dock, though it has no RCS so it can be kind of tedious sometimes

ZHFDzox.png

After Matt Lowne couldn't manage a seaplane SSTO, I decided to actually build one that works. Presenting: the Kingfisher-class. It's not entirely stock (those tail fins and the little winglets and elevons attached to the forward pontoons are from Airplane Plus), but I think it's the best looking SSTO I've ever made. Plus, it has room for ten kerbals and decent  Delta V in LKO to get to stations or interplanetary vehicles. 

Video

Craft file

FiSTRvd.png

My most recent playthrough has been my most successful, and I've had a decent number of personal firsts.

One of them feels very appropriate here.  :)  She's not stock, including several components from Mk2 Extension and canards from Buffalo 2.  Still, she can carry 12 total Kerbals to a station at a 300 km orbit.  JUST.  She had 39 m/s dv remaining after docking.  (Refueled at the station to return to the KSC.)  I believe I have a thing or three to learn about proper ascent techniques!

TriO2y3.png

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, SoulKeY42 said:

I have planted flags on all landable planets and moons with this SSTO, including Tylo and Eve(with the disposable lander in the cargo bay).

You gotta show us some pics of this thing in action if it's doing all that!

I use this SSTO rocket to launch almost all of my satellites & ships that works in Kerbin system. pSrxQz9.png

Also, it can add an upper stage to send payload to a rendezvous orbit or send mutiple payload, like this.

( You can see a fuel tank under the payload and that's the upper stage. )

pSrxJZ6.png

On 1/27/2023 at 6:57 PM, SoulKeY42 said:

I have planted flags on all landable planets and moons with this SSTO, including Tylo and Eve(with the disposable lander in the cargo bay).

20230127182202-1.jpg

20230127182209-1.jpg

20221003105821-1.jpg

20221003105814-1.jpg

Wow! I really like this SSTO. In fact, most of my SSTOs don't have enough Dv to take long sail. How did you design this SSTO?

我感觉我玩ksp一半的时间都花在改进这一个ssto上了:confused:使用一些愚蠢的面多加水水多加面法哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

Translation:

I feel like I spent half of my ksp time improving this ssto :confused: using some stupid way of adding more water to the noodles hahahahahahahaha

Edited by Starhawk
Translation by Google Translate added by moderator